I won't lie to you this is stupid af.

The economy has never been in a worse spot that it is atm. And yes farming 8 mod t16's with deli and 200+ quant give almost nothing back. In 20 maps i got only 11 fortunate cards and zero divines or exalts.

It's beyond stupid at this point.
All loot was moved to T17. Run that or leave \o/
"
Kreakor wrote:
The economy has never been in a worse spot that it is atm. And yes farming 8 mod t16's with deli and 200+ quant give almost nothing back. In 20 maps i got only 11 fortunate cards and zero divines or exalts.

It's beyond stupid at this point.

Same here, the more I play the more I feel like quitting. I'm running bricked corrupted T16 maps with "Twist of Fate" to farm for t17 maps, and the item quantity and pack size mods on maps don't seem to mean much anymore.

This is my average on Standard with 2x 50% increased map drop scarabs, 2x 4 mirrored rare scarabs, a 6L with a +45% increased item gem and this atlas https://poeplanner.com/a/ezP

It's pathetic.
Last edited by Silverpelt on Apr 22, 2024, 7:50:11 AM
WHat you got there is 10 divines. If you get right divination scarab /s
"
KkardanAdam wrote:
you know what is more stupid than this, in order to nerf this bulls. stuff they tried to nerf everything so hard that any type of farm below tier 17 map are worthless. Just a regular mf enjoyer i was getting like 1 seven years bad luck every 8-10 maps, and 1 apo every 60-70 maps i was content with what i get. Now , i get like 1 seven years every 50 maps, (btw i play 8-mod maps with fully buffed from atlas) i ve yet to get 1 apo its been like 100+ maps (even if i get one apo is worthless too).
Regular mapping pointless unless you aren't map fishing. Crafting is dead. Mf farming dead (except party play or t17s) any type of content farming is dead. Uniq item farming is dead.

Imo this is my feeling. To preface, I'm a newbie, having only played Affliction league. Affliction, while inflated, still allows for quite a lot of drops such that i can still craft my own things, and people still buy my things. For info, I completed a 4 voidstones and beat all pinnacles with the exception of Uber on my 1st playthrough.... with a mediocre Boneshatter league, and still manage to earn enough currency to switch to a better Flicker Strike build with 40divs to spare.

Necro league? Absolutely the worst feeling, it gives me the feeling that GGG just HATES any new gamer or anyone who doesnt invest 200 hours non-stop play with perfect knowledge. I have a total of 3 divines, after completing ALL atlas maps to T16.
I was lacking even the Orb of Alchemy and Vaal Orb, while trying to complete Red Maps, yes I've even went to Tujen. Sure, you can say I'm stupid, not enough knowledge, skill issue etc etc. But that shouldnt be the case.

"
This is the extreme poverty league, except for T17. Never seen a game so hostile in my whole life.

A lot of my better peers have dropped it. Honestly, if I didnt experience the Affliction, I would say PoE is total shit game made just in the most convoluted and obtuse mechanics. The corpse crafting mechanic is shit, selling the corpses just feel like a chore. Trying to fight Ubers now is also a chore, gotta farm t17 or bust. There's a lot more I can complain but I guess I just stop here. Everything I've ever learned or accomplished is because the community are so helpful to the newbies in advice on builds, crafting, farming etc. GGG is nothing but friction.

For me I just have a goal now to try out some of the uber challenges, but I'll be dropping next league. Feels like the developers hate newcomers and casuals with a passion. If you imagine GGG were to do charity, they will ask you to run 10km for 10cents (Orb of Alterations), broken into ten pieces.
Last edited by Saviren on Apr 22, 2024, 4:15:21 AM
"
Saviren wrote:
"
KkardanAdam wrote:
you know what is more stupid than this, in order to nerf this bulls. stuff they tried to nerf everything so hard that any type of farm below tier 17 map are worthless. Just a regular mf enjoyer i was getting like 1 seven years bad luck every 8-10 maps, and 1 apo every 60-70 maps i was content with what i get. Now , i get like 1 seven years every 50 maps, (btw i play 8-mod maps with fully buffed from atlas) i ve yet to get 1 apo its been like 100+ maps (even if i get one apo is worthless too).
Regular mapping pointless unless you aren't map fishing. Crafting is dead. Mf farming dead (except party play or t17s) any type of content farming is dead. Uniq item farming is dead.

Imo this is my feeling. To preface, I'm a newbie, having only played Affliction league. Affliction, while inflated, still allows for quite a lot of drops such that i can still craft my own things, and people still buy my things. For info, I completed a 4 voidstones and beat all pinnacles with the exception of Uber on my 1st playthrough.... with a mediocre Boneshatter league, and still manage to earn enough currency to switch to a better Flicker Strike build with 40divs to spare.

Necro league? Absolutely the worst feeling, it gives me the feeling that GGG just HATES any new gamer or anyone who doesnt invest 200 hours non-stop play with perfect knowledge. I have a total of 3 divines, after completing ALL atlas maps to T16.
I was lacking even the Orb of Alchemy and Vaal Orb, while trying to complete Red Maps, yes I've even went to Tujen. Sure, you can say I'm stupid, not enough knowledge, skill issue etc etc. But that shouldnt be the case.

"
This is the extreme poverty league, except for T17. Never seen a game so hostile in my whole life.

A lot of my better peers have dropped it. Honestly, if I didnt experience the Affliction, I would say PoE is total shit game made just in the most convoluted and obtuse mechanics. The corpse crafting mechanic is shit, selling the corpses just feel like a chore. Trying to fight Ubers now is also a chore, gotta farm t17 or bust. There's a lot more I can complain but I guess I just stop here. Everything I've ever learned or accomplished is because the community are so helpful to the newbies in advice on builds, crafting, farming etc. GGG is nothing but friction.

For me I just have a goal now to try out some of the uber challenges, but I'll be dropping next league. Feels like the developers hate newcomers and casuals with a passion. If you imagine GGG were to do charity, they will ask you to run 10km for 10cents (Orb of Alterations), broken into ten pieces.

Just... No. I've been gone for a work trip and didn't even get to start the league till this past Saturday. In that time with getting my first toon to red maps, roughly 4 hours of play a day I've gotten 15 div. That's also with stopping randomly to play with my 1 year old. This game isn't going to hand you things and Affliction babied too many people. You lack the knowledge and experience to get what you want. Watching 2 or 3 popular YouTubers and thinking you've got a handle on something that's taken them thousands of hours is a dream. Put Affliction league behind you and take the time to learn the things you need to get what you want in this game. Otherwise D4 will always be waiting for people like you.
"
ZenJelly wrote:
[...]

Just... No. I've been gone for a work trip and didn't even get to start the league till this past Saturday. In that time with getting my first toon to red maps, roughly 4 hours of play a day I've gotten 15 div. That's also with stopping randomly to play with my 1 year old. This game isn't going to hand you things and Affliction babied too many people. You lack the knowledge and experience to get what you want. Watching 2 or 3 popular YouTubers and thinking you've got a handle on something that's taken them thousands of hours is a dream. Put Affliction league behind you and take the time to learn the things you need to get what you want in this game. Otherwise D4 will always be waiting for people like you.

Dude, this ain't no affliction withdrawal shenanigan. I played Standard before the league roughly a week ~6h a day farming vorici for white socket, up to 10~20 minutes before the patch went live. After the game was patched with 3.24 and the server rebooted, I was farming maps with 200+ IIQ and 100% pack size, scarabs and buff, that had less mobs and loot than the alch and go I did a couple of hours earlier. Still in Standard.

"
Otherwise D4 will always be waiting for people like you.

Seriously? This is low. The dude said he was a new player, maybe guide him to show him to to make some currency without having to play 900h a week instead talking to him like he's trash.

Last edited by Silverpelt on Apr 23, 2024, 10:12:32 AM
I have a pretty decked out character, a few hundred divines in my stash and have no problems progressing economically.

Is the game currently too "front heavy", with 1% content being too rewarding? Yes. But is the rest of the game as barren as people make it seem? No.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Apr 23, 2024, 8:58:51 AM
"
Silverpelt wrote:

"

Seriously? This is low. The dude said he was a new player, maybe guide him to show him to to make some currency without having to play 900h a week instead talking to him like he's trash.

No, it's not. She has played one league and talked about how well she did. She said she had friends that played as well. But clearly she has not put in anymore than the absolute minimum of time to try to gain knowledge. It reads as someone who watches 3 videos from. Zig, Zaz, Subtract, Ghazzy, Pal, or one of the many others but hasn't experienced any of it themselves.

It's just like how people ask for how to make divines, get told "RUN EXPEDITION." Then, with no Atlas set up, or knowledge of how to place your charges, what to look for in logbooks, how to use the NPC shops, make no currency and says expedition sucks. They didn't bother to learn Expedition, they just put in minimum effort and expected return. That's why D4 exists and why some people love it.
"
ZenJelly wrote:
"
Silverpelt wrote:

"

No, it's not. She has played one league and talked about how well she did. She said she had friends that played as well. But clearly she has not put in anymore than the absolute minimum of time to try to gain knowledge. It reads as someone who watches 3 videos from. Zig, Zaz, Subtract, Ghazzy, Pal, or one of the many others but hasn't experienced any of it themselves.

It's just like how people ask for how to make divines, get told "RUN EXPEDITION." Then, with no Atlas set up, or knowledge of how to place your charges, what to look for in logbooks, how to use the NPC shops, make no currency and says expedition sucks. They didn't bother to learn Expedition, they just put in minimum effort and expected return. That's why D4 exists and why some people love it.

"
Saviren wrote:
Imo this is my feeling. To preface, I'm a newbie, having only played Affliction league.

He was comparing Affliction, his first league, with Necropolis his second league. The dude is new, don't need to be an ass about it. He didn't start poe to end up in a forced Ruthless mode either.

Congrats to being a father btw.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info