There is a huge gap between regular mapping and MF

"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Is it really? I don't play that much and in less than 2 weeks I am already sitting on about 300 divines. It seems that every new league gives more and more currency to everybody, not just those who focus farm it.

"
10 hours on regular mapping and get 3-5div

This is a lie and you should feel bad about it. You can get this much in about an hour without heavy investment.

its just an example, not accurate number.

you got that 300div from direct drop? everyone has their mapping strategy and skill level. everyone will always find something valuable or help with certain content for a living, etc.

so what? im not talking about how to earn currency.
This account is only for feedback and suggestions.
"
lonestaRip wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Is it really? I don't play that much and in less than 2 weeks I am already sitting on about 300 divines. It seems that every new league gives more and more currency to everybody, not just those who focus farm it.

"
10 hours on regular mapping and get 3-5div

This is a lie and you should feel bad about it. You can get this much in about an hour without heavy investment.

its just an example, not accurate number.

you got that 300div from direct drop? everyone has their mapping strategy and skill level. everyone will always find something valuable or help with certain content for a living, etc.

so what? im not talking about how to earn currency.

direct drop? no way. he farmed it the hard way. doing ubers and other end game content on his 5 link sabo. yep. you dont even need a 6 link these days let alone any other upgrades.
I consider 8-mod tier 14-16 maps hard content
"
exsea wrote:
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
im glad the rogue exile farm worked out well for you. unfortunately they patched it before most of us could benefit from it

its a classic example of "it doesnt effect me thus you are wrong/i disagree with you".

different people have different skill levels and use different builds. one thing frustrating about this forum is people tend to tunnel vision and just measure everything with their current skill level.

But isn't the whole point of this thread a sweeping generalization of the farming speed of solos?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3503313

same as my topic if you want to read some input.

tldr. They should just buff the base droprates if they want more stuffs to drop in general not gate it behind juice because the differnece between bare mapping and scarab atlas passive juice strategies etc is like several thousands of percent.
Last edited by Ispita on Apr 16, 2024, 3:44:15 AM
"
lonestaRip wrote:
its out of control especially party MF, destroying regular mapping experience.

for years party MF took a great advantage and GGG do nothing about it. it seems PoE is only for the 1-5%.

things got worse in the last few leagues that many players would turn into MF-stacking build once ready.

im not jealous i used to be a MF person but its not fun. its killing PoE.

someone may say you can choose whatever you want to play which is true. the problem is when you spend 10 hours on regular mapping and get 3-5div, while MF get 300-500div and high value uniques. it feels like you are played by the game.

PoE is not that kind of MMORPG. party is more likely to be a tool that you can trade(no need in tencent version), you can ask for help if you need. it should never offer huge MF bonus.

i really hope GGG do something to make regular mapping more in-line with MF.

thanks.

Stop crying about MF, it is a part of the game and has been for years. There is quite literally so many different ways to make money, but you just see mr streamer making t0 uniques every map and assume that it didn't cost them half a t0 to enter the map to begin with.
"
Ayxera wrote:
Stop crying about MF, it is a part of the game and has been for years. There is quite literally so many different ways to make money, but you just see mr streamer making t0 uniques every map and assume that it didn't cost them half a t0 to enter the map to begin with.

sorry for hurting that you can benefit from T17 MF.

also sorry for your vision that you see 6 streamers and the MF cost while im talking about one player with 6 characters using some tools.
This account is only for feedback and suggestions.
"
lonestaRip wrote:
"
Ayxera wrote:

also sorry for your vision that you see 6 streamers and the MF cost while im talking about one player with 6 characters using some tools.

I play SSF, MF is the only way to obtain some uniques? I don't see the need for this obsessive hatred towards people intentionally farming uniques. You don't even realise that mf party play is less money per hour than solo play with no mf....
"
lonestaRip wrote:
"
Ayxera wrote:

But hey if you wanted me to read your thread, maybe don't write an essay. Then I would know you are talking about "one guy using some tools" because that is an entirely seperate issue to MF it self.
"
lonestaRip wrote:
the problem is when you spend 10 hours on regular mapping and get 3-5div, while MF get 300-500div and high value uniques. it feels like you are played by the game.

A straight up, bold-faced, complete lie. A PERFECT mf build has MAYBE 100% quant. That literally means exactly what it sounds like: double the drops. So the math is not "3-5 div ---> 300 - 500 div", it is "3-5 --> 6 -10" while conveniently leaving out the hundreds or even thousands of divines it costs to make such a build. Throw even 200-400% rarity on that, and the average mf build is NOT raining t0s and crazy items from mf.

You do NOT have an issue with mf. For god's sake, people need to THINK and understand the damn mechanic before they make such posts like this. Your REAL issues are with party play. The bonuses offered by party play ALONE are the major source of difference in wealth, multiplying base loot by 10x+ while also enabling a faster and safer experience. In a GOOD party that also turns into even MORE wealth with dedicated traders and marketeers. But parties of this type are VERY few and far between.

MF, even in a party like that, is just going to be a 2x or at MOST 3x multiplier, but its the base PARTY buff that causes the real problems.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Apr 16, 2024, 7:12:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info