Specs:
RTX 3080
i7 125000
32 g ram

Games that run great:
D4 | Last Epoch | Starfield | ect..
No issues

This has to be on GGG's side. Right?

Solution: Set the power to save energy, then you will have no more errors! Poe is not programmed for new processors . even if the working memory has too much mz the game crashes
"
Loewenland wrote:
Solution: Set the power to save energy, then you will have no more errors! Poe is not programmed for new processors . even if the working memory has too much mz the game crashes

It really seem to solve the issue, big thanks.
Strange that previous league all was fine tho.
"
Loewenland wrote:

Think this is even true for i5-13600k with RTX 4080 super?
"
Loewenland wrote:

Holy shit this actually worked, performance def. dipped a bit but I've been 100% crashing instantly for days now.

What an absolute legend

Don't know what they did as I've never had problems before but thank god I can play again.

THANKYOU
Last edited by trigga420 on Apr 9, 2024, 8:55:49 PM
It did really help, but i'm still getting crashes, same error, just WAY less often.

Also a youtube video pointed me out that Windows somehow can overclock your CPU if the CPU power efficiency in the Power Plan Settings is set at 100% for Maximum value, but if you set it at 99% it won't go over your CPU speed.

You can verify that in the performance monitor in Task Manager.

It's too bad the graphic performance is still atrocious somehow... I have to play in 1080p so i don't crash often and get a stable FPS.

Wasn't a problem at all in Affliction.
Confirming the exact same behavior.

I changed power mode to Save Energy, I can maybe do 10-20 maps before I crash now.

GGG please fix this. We did not have this issue in patch 3.23.x and we should not need to neuter our PCs to play the game!
I couldn't get the fix with save energy on startup to work, but setting my computers power mode to best performance solved the issue for me.
So I think what is critical here is that solve the root problem (GGG), but what we can do now is this:

Windows is just getting information from the BIOS.

The common problem that is documented today is that newer motherboards with "automatic optimization" are overvolting CPUs and generally running our systems hotter and faster than they are intended to.

This is documented many places, here is one example: https://youtu.be/s43Auv8ub7w?si=puyym1nsYFhafEL5

Changing the Windows Power settings is just pushing back and setting a threshold for this automated behavior.

I turned off Asus Multicore Enhancement (left XMP on) and so far I haven't crashed again (yet).

I did also set Windows 11 to Power Save mode with Max Processor state 99% but so far in CPU ID i'm still always running at 5.1 Mhz on my i5-13600k.

What GGG needs to address is why POE is doing this as of 3.24 and fix it. Supper annoying for anyone that plays more games than just POE and has to take such drastic measures to simply avoid crashing.
Last edited by Gnada on Apr 10, 2024, 12:17:59 PM
I crashed after being online for about 4 hours and doing quite a few maps.

The interesting symptom I noticed this time was that the map I was on started to get some visual artifacts around the Shrines that spawned. After I approached and started to clear the 3rd Shrine, the game started to lag and then quickly froze and crashed to desktop with no error message.

Anyone else having this issue and running Shrines or Breach?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info