Necropolis craft - create a split copy

The "create split copy" necropolis craft is either bugged or worded in a misleading way. It does not create a "split copy" but splits the item like the beast craft does, while having the same wording that the fractured fossil has. Please change the functionality or wording to make them allign with each other. It feels really bad to be fooled by this and see that you would have hit the item you wanted if it hadn't been ripped in 2. My expectaion would have been either the same behaviour as a fractured fossil or getting your full craft plus a split item with half the mods.

Last bumped on May 18, 2024, 4:58:50 PM
I second this.
The wording in my mind implies the original isn't touched, so I find it very misleading. Thats what creating a copy means.
You usually don't incinerate the original when making a copy. It should just have said "Split an Item Into Two, With Half the Mods on Each Item", like the beast split recipe says.

Byebye 80 corpses xD
Last edited by JoeBigDickJohnson on Apr 5, 2024, 5:01:38 PM
Yeah, this was a super feel bad thinking I could just make the ring a single time. Now I get to do it three times instead.... FML
+1
There is no bug.

Split an item and create an imprint are two different things, and the wording is clear enough to say it is split
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
I'm a new player and wasted my first necropolis craft on this.
This needs to be MUCH clearer.
I know this game can be obtuse with information and crafting, but saying "COPY" is very misleading and player unfriendly.
"
neohongkong wrote:
There is no bug.

Split an item and create an imprint are two different things, and the wording is clear enough to say it is split

No. It says "Create a split copy" which should mean it copys the item and give it the split tag (so it cant be split again i guess).... it should just say "Item will be split" to be clear.

The fact alone that this happens to quite a lot of ppl is enugh evidence to suggest the wording isnt clear.
"Split" is not the same as "Mirror".
There are corpses that generate mirrored copies or even craft additional items.

Split always worked this way, tearing the item in half when it comes to mods. If you rip apart a 4-mod rare (2 pref + 2 suf) it produces two magic items.

You got greedy and you lost. Admit the defeat and move on. I lost plenty of good corpses on trying to make a bow, forgetting to block physical and resist modifiers. I got a trash 700 edps bow instead of 1600+ i wanted.
Last edited by Esubane on Apr 7, 2024, 5:29:16 PM
Yeah I was reading this description earlier today and thought it worked the other way, may need an edit on the text
this is fucking imprecise wording. just wasted 20 divs. kinda angry right now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info