BONE ZOMBIES 3.24 | Wrecker's Stress-Free Build(s) & Filter | 1-Button, HC SSF, & Pure Item Freedom

"
pat_hibulaire wrote:
Spoiler
guys i have a quick question

when you reach 90% physical damage reduction, are we agree that you cannot go further, and so, more armour and more physical damage reduction are useless ?
Hey Pat,

Unfortunately, the Physical Damage mitigation stat on the tooltip is completely pointless. Flat mitigation is additive. So things like Endurance Charges, the Chaos Golem, and Artic Armour are flat values that are very powerful and rare. They add up. So 3 Endurance Charges, the Chaos Golem, and being Stationary with Artic Armour gives you 12+5+21= 38% physical damage mitigation. But Armour...armour is dumb. Its effectiveness scales with monster level. Since the tooltip has no idea what monster level you want to compare to, it has some random low-level monster level by default. Basically, in a T16+ map, Armour is only efficient against small hits (all the hits from regular mobs) and almost useless against bosses or hefty enemy hits.

So you'll have to do your own math. Get as much FLAT mitigation as possible. Keep track of that. If you have 90% FLAT physical damage mitigation, then yes, you can ignore improving it further. But that won't happen, unfortunately.

Great question! I hope PoE 2 fixes that whole situation.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
ok great, thanks a lot for your hepful answer

i was asking this because i'm getting started to face some survivability issues, so i was looking for some ways to improve it

for instance, i just have 5l on my chest for now, i miss energyleech support, so i was wondering how ES is important compare to armour

you answer it, i have to focus flat mitigation but when you have small khnowledge this is complicated, POB is not so much accurate when you dont use it perfectly well xD

"
pat_hibulaire wrote:
Spoiler

i was asking this because i'm getting started to face some survivability issues, so i was looking for some ways to improve it

for instance, i just have 5l on my chest for now, i miss energyleech support, so i was wondering how ES is important compare to armour

you answer it, i have to focus flat mitigation but when you have small khnowledge this is complicated, POB is not so much accurate when you dont use it perfectly well xD
So, Energy Leech Support is only for damage. It does provide ES Leech for the linked minions (not for us) but it's in there for the damage perks. It's generic damage with a bonus damage if the minions are on Full ES.

In general, ES is basically an extension of Life. It's simply an increase to the health pool with a different method of regen.

Does that make sense?

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
"
pat_hibulaire wrote:
Spoiler

So, Energy Leech Support is only for damage. It does provide ES Leech for the linked minions (not for us) but it's in there for the damage perks. It's generic damage with a bonus damage if the minions are on Full ES.

In general, ES is basically an extension of Life. It's simply an increase to the health pool with a different method of regen.

Does that make sense?

it makes lot of sense, thanks a lot for your answer
nevertheless, my survivability issues are still there, i checked your poeplanner and my numbers (life, ES, armour) seems ok compare to yours

if someone can check my character just to see if i miss something because i"mkina lost
even my skeletons are dying in like 3 seconds most of the time

i was thinking maybe i have a lack of ES, or maybe a wrong god (i picked gruthkul, maybe tukohama is better ?)
i have really no other idea of what's wrong, maybe just my gameplay xDD
Last edited by pat_hibulaire on May 17, 2024, 3:32:57 PM
"
pat_hibulaire wrote:
Spoiler
it makes lot of sense, thanks a lot for your answer
nevertheless, my survivability issues are still there, i checked your poeplanner and my numbers (life, ES, armour) seems ok compare to yours

if someone can check my character just to see if i miss something because i"mkina lost
even my skeletons are dying in like 3 seconds most of the time

i was thinking maybe i have a lack of ES, or maybe a wrong god (i picked gruthkul, maybe tukohama is better ?)
i have really no other idea of what's wrong, maybe just my gameplay xDD
Hey Pat! I was able to take a look and couldn't notice anything missing from your build. I could have missed something but everything really looks good! Maybe it's just familiarity or lack of, the content you're doing? Being stationary has a big perk, so if you're getting hit while moving you could be taking more damage than expected.

Another thing you could try, though it is an extra button, is to switch the Cast on Stun that's linked to the offering with Arcanist Brand. It's an extra button, but it guarantees Bone offering to be up more often.

Sorry I couldn't find anything specific :(

Annnnnd

thank you very much, i will test the arcanist brand for sure
i have to say it's much better now, as usual in POE my main problem was offence finally xD since almost all of my skills are lvl20 i have almost no more problems

now i'm lookinng for someone who pushed this beautiful build a little bit further
to look how i can improve it, for instance, what about our last skill tree picks, good anoinements, good eldritch mods

i will obv make some research but i've very few khnowledge so i would like to have a model

thanks a lot again
"
pat_hibulaire wrote:
now i'm lookinng for someone who pushed this beautiful build a little bit further
to look how i can improve it, for instance, what about our last skill tree picks, good anoinements, good eldritch mods

Hi pat_hibulaire,

This is the Reaper build, right? How do you want to push the build, right now? For more damage or more defense?

I'm playing it in HC SSF (see my character CelticBanshee, if I haven't died), so I am very concerned about defense, especially about being one-shot killed.

Where my build is a little different from Wrecker's:

1. I self-cast Summon Skeletons and my links are Summon Skeletons -> Feeding Frenzy -> Maim -> Culling Strike. This give me the ability to have a bunch of minions out before the reapers start making phantasms, for the physical damage reduction from Bone Barrier. And Culling Strike is like another 10% more damage multiplier.

2. I only run either Clarity or Vitality not both and only at level 1. This gives me a thousand more unreserved life. The reason I run one of them at all is to get the extra +1 max elemental resists from the Reservation Mastery. One less gem also let me fit in a Frostblink.

I happened to find and link a Lightning Coil. The 50% of physical damage from hits taken as lightning is very powerful. If I could, I would put an eldritch mod of "damage take as" on my helmet.

I have 81% max resist from the tree and in my atlas tree I took all the Niko nodes, so 100% Niko in my maps and the Packed with Energy node lets me get my max resists up to 84%. (And then I run a topaz flask to get my lightning resist to 89%.)

Running a lot of Delve let me get the materials to craft a +2 wand.

For more damage, like Wrecker said, more skill gem levels. Another option if you are using the regular Reaper gem is Ensnaring Arrow so enemies count as moving while bleeding, but that would be a very different build.
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
thanks a lot for your help !

- yes i play the reaper build, and i assume that my next big step with damage will be anyway a 6link, so i was thinking maybe focus on defence will be more efficient

1. that's great, both defence and damage, i will definitely do that, anyway i already self-cast skeletons

2. ok i think i will run vitality because i already have mana regen on my amulet

3. i'm playing SSF and i'm not sure i've got it, i will check and try if i can

4. i have all niko's node in the three, i more or less did the same atlas as wrecker's

5. ok i will try to do some delve, i was thinking about essences to craft a wand but delve is more efficient i guess ?

again thanks a lot this is a huge help for me

ps : i just have a question about your build, i can see that you're playing reaper of revenants, i' m playing the reaper 'vanilla', does it change something about the advices you gave me ?
Last edited by pat_hibulaire on May 25, 2024, 9:47:50 AM
Between the base Reaper gem and Reaper of Revenants, the difference is you get the damage of 2.1 reapers, but you lose the extra bleed damage. I'd suggest taking a look on poe.ninja to see what the top reaper players are doing.

Edit: Looking at poe.ninja, I just realized that the big difference is that with the base gem you are forced into the bleed/physical damage route. With reaper of revenants, you can go with chaos damage and take Unnatural Strength in the necro tree.

I'm also in SSF so the Lightning Coil was a lucky drop - just like your +2 Minion helmet was lucky for you.

If you have Niko in your atlas tree then, yes, do Delve to use all the sulfite you are gathering.

Yes, I think delve is much more efficient for crafting a minion wand.

- According to Craft of Exile the average to get a +2 wand is 12 tries with a 4-socket resonator and Corroded, Jagged, Metallic, Shuddering fossils.

- According to Craft of Exile the average to get a +2 wand is 18 tries with a 3-socket resonator and Corroded, Metallic, Shuddering fossils.

- On the other hand, according to Craft of Exile the average to get a +1 wand (not +2) is 133 tries with Fear essences.

You don't have go very deep. I have found Resonator Trove chests (the ones that give the 4-socket Prime Resonator) at depth 32 (monster level 65), but they are more common deeper. Just run as many "Items" nodes as possible.

But you can also use 3-socket resonators, which are much easier to get, so I think the overall limiting factor may be the Shuddering fossils.

Depending on which content you have in you atlas tree, you can get every fossil you can from expedition/Tujen, heist, ritual or whatever, and use the harvest craft to convert them, hoping for Shuddering.

Also in Delve , if you go to "Smuggler's Stash" nodes (at least monster level 72) and kill Minara Anemina, she may drop "The Bones" div card for a level 21 Vaal Summon Skeletons.

And Clean Lockboxes in Delve give an offering to the goddess. You can run the level 75 lab and use the divine font to try for an Empower support or try to make a Summon Reaper of Revenants, if you like.
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
Last edited by CelticHound on May 25, 2024, 2:37:45 PM
wouaaaah, tha,ks a lot my friend, you can't imagine how much it will help

ithink i know now what to do, for now i will stay with my reaper and try to push it and then if i fill stuck i will try the one you play

if i may, can i ask you if there is no brain pick about anoinment and eldritch mods?
if it's just a matter of taste i will look into it, i'm just afraid to mmiss something huge

thanks again

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info