[3.23] Affliction - Performance Issues

Same problem... I've tried multiple solutions & the problem still happens.
One can only hope and pray for a fix before the next league.
I got better performance in Crucible League(before 3.21.2) with HH and twice slower set-up than now.

How long GGG we have to wait?
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
The interesting thing is this. I have two computers. One is mine, one is my wife's.
Approximately the same configuration. The same video cards, the same memory. My processor is a little faster than hers. Same M2 disks. I mean the same model, not just similar ones. The same Windows revision. Different motherboards, mine is noticeably better. Both computers are not overclocked, full stock. I use a standalone client, she's on Steam.
I have crashes 10-20 times per a day, I've had a BSOD several times. The graphics card runs at 99% load.
My wife doesn't have a single crash after towns got fixed, the video card works at 40-60%, and FPS is higher.
We have the same builds, we run the same content.
I tried to play via steam on an old account, crashes happen there too.

I don't understand how it works...
It's shaders related. That's why some people get worse performance after some time.
I bet it's overridding all the time, as some are corrupted, then you get sth like I after last map:

"
2023/12/26 14:40:40 271358140 f5c7da64 [WARN Client 17196] Failed to create effect graph node "EvolvingNoise21" in graph "Metadata/Effects/Graphs/GpuParticles/Update/Noises/CurlNoise_Wind.fxgraph"

"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
I dream of disabling most of the effects in the game, I don't need a picture, I need stability. I even know how to do it, but I also know that if I get caught doing it, it's considered an advantage over other players, and I'll get banned. Just think about it. The advantage is not to lag.
"
Johnson1893 wrote:
I dream of disabling most of the effects in the game, I don't need a picture, I need stability. I even know how to do it, but I also know that if I get caught doing it, it's considered an advantage over other players, and I'll get banned. Just think about it. The advantage is not to lag.

Let me just tell you that it does almost nothing. Bit better performance overall but with big packs you have still giga CPU latency. Not worth. If it would be some outdated particles after engine swap it would be easy to fix, because you would now in which situations it happens. It's engine itself related.
Last edited by Dxt44 on Dec 26, 2023, 3:24:36 PM
Starting from 3.22, there were very big problems with performance. I successfully leave the Tota league 2 weeks after it started (due to large lags and CPU load).
I was expecting a fix for performance problems in the 3.23 league, but not only has nothing changed in terms of performance (there are still lags and a heavy load on the processor), but problems with latency have also been added, I just log into the game for 20 minutes and these constant lags and spikes Latency up to 30k+ is starting to get boring and I just quit this game.

My favorite mechanic is blight and since 3.22 it's like 5-20 fps gaming...
This league is dead to me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info