Insane Latency Spikes and Game Crashes since 3.23

Another league and servers are still dogshit
its really bad. frankfurt servers
What if I told you they don't care...
same issue for me. Last league was not payable for me cause of tecnical issues and now this...
right now its pretty bad again, and like 30 minutes ago it was absolutly fine :(
Did a winMTR and it's just the PoE servers that are giving package losses, but only in maps, towns are great, so I can flex my MTX
GGG can you fix this already ?!

Game is about playing not about searching and trying everything for 3-4 hours to fix the issue with some obscure reddit manuals.

Pathetic... 1gbp/s net, high end pc 6 months old worth 5k - this is not my problem.
And this will be ignored like all of 3.23.....
I had hope since on launch and last week it was / seemed fine and now it is starting up again.

FFS.
It's the same problem as in the last league, and like the last league, GGG will just wait out the problem. As it stands now, GGG has an issue with some major carriers affecting the routing, for example, from Telekom to the Path of Exile service provider.

This is evident by the fact that the issues usually arise only during high network traffic times (between 7-12 PM) or can be bypassed with a VPN. Similarly, the issues don't occur when connecting to, for example, Washington because the routing doesn't go through Frankfurt, which is where the problem lies. I have tracked around 50 instances using WinMTR, and the problem occurs every time at the transition between the GGG service provider network and the Telekom network. Ultimately, this means that GGG simply hasn't purchased enough capacity at the peering point in Frankfurt for some major ISP service providers in Europe.

Therefore, the problem usually arises in the middle of the league or shortly after it starts and resolves towards the end. For the first two weeks, it seems they had sufficient capacity booked, then they expect the first drop in players, which didn't happen in this or the last league, possibly because these leagues were mostly praised. Towards the end of the league, player numbers naturally decrease, and the issues resolve themselves. Due to the overload at the peering point, the routing deteriorates and has to take alternative routes, resulting in lag spikes due to packet loss. It's unfortunate that GGG seems to disregard European customers of some of the largest ISPs.

The fact that they have been doing this for the second league now and show no signs of even acknowledging the issue doesn't give hope that this appalling business practice will end anytime soon. Time to move on.
same here :c cant even enjoy poe rn :c

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info