MacOs client crashes after 10/01/2023 8pm EST patch

"
Moondog_OG wrote:
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
"
Moondog_OG wrote:
I am going through the same problem. Now, I cannot eve find the client to download anymore. Could you guys help me with a link?

All of the links that I have used in the past were deleted.

I am playing on a MacBook Pro M2 Pro 16" and yesterday I was playing fine.
Today, when I launch the game, it downloads the 39MB update and the immediately crashes.

Thank you so much guys!

I really need help here!

Sincerely,

Andre Amorim

Can get the download link here: https://www.pathofexile.com/download

Also, with regards to this thread, we weren't able to reproduce this problem on our test setups. Is everyone here using an M2 Mac?

We have reproduced the crash and will look into this.

Thank you so much! I installed the client today and it ran!

GGG is the best! Thank you so much Henry!

I don't understand how it works for you.
A reinstall doesn't work... the bug is when GGG applies the early October patch.

In my case, the patch is downloaded and applied... but when the "done" button appears, everything closes immediately and a Mac report appears.
Last edited by ILAYASFG on Oct 6, 2023, 9:16:09 AM
"
ILAYASFG wrote:

I don't understand how it works for you.
A reinstall doesn't work... the bug is when GGG applies the early October patch.

In my case, the patch is downloaded and applied... but when the "done" button appears, everything closes immediately and a Mac report appears.

Hey, can you PM me the crash report you get when this happens? Cheers.
Our M1 setups aren't able to reproduce this crash, unfortunately.
"
Tithonia wrote:
Tried that. Crashes after downloading the patch. But at least it shows the TotA logo while downloading now.

Edit: Trying a full wipe (nuked contents of Library/Cache/com.GGG.PathOfExile and Library/Application Support/Path of Exile) now. Will see how it goes.

Edit #2: Seems to have worked. This is the second minor patch in recent months where I've had to do a complete wipe and reinstall to unbreak it.

THIS is the only way I could fix it. Thank you for posting this..
To be more specific, specially for a non-technical Mac user like me. One should be looking for these folders and delete them:

/Users/:your_username/Library/Application Support/Path of Exile
/Users/:your_username/Library/Caches/com.GGG.PathOfExile

Thanks for the hint below. I literally took the path without the '/Users/:your_username/ and I can't find these folders existing.

"
Edit: Trying a full wipe (nuked contents of Library/Cache/com.GGG.PathOfExile and Library/Application Support/Path of Exile) now. Will see how it goes

FYI. same issue with new patch on 25/10/2023
"
sophis37f26 wrote:

Same issue. How to fix it?
"
sophis37f26 wrote:

I fix it by deleting the "Path of Exile" file under Application Support/Path of Exile folder, hahaha
Hallo

I have the same issue, I have an Mac Studio M2, and i cant find those folders at all, so it is impossible to delete them, anyone know how I can Solve this? it is a new pc and have not tried the game on this computer before.

Best Regards Tuskssaw
Mac Studio m2 here as well, can't even reinstall the game as I get the same crash upon downloading the patch.
Solution:

Step 1: Open your user home folder(click home icon in the sidebar) in Finder.

Step 2: press 3 key: "command + shift + .", then some hidden folders(color in grey) show in the folder

Step 3: find Library > Application Support > Path of Exile folder

Step 4: Delete the file(not the folder) with name "Path of Exile" with the same game icon.

Step 5: Click the "Path of Exile" app icon again in your desktop or launchPad. then the app will download patch and a 3GB file, after that, popup patch notes. Just Play!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info