Any suggestions on a good ARPG game ?

"
anti4z500 wrote:
"
Networm13 wrote:
This may be very novel to you geezers. But how about asking GGG bless us with some real quality of life/balance changes so that you don't have to find another game after you are 'done' with the league? PoE in its current state is hardly enjoyable imo.

you know that no1 is forcing you to play if you dont enjoy a game. just move on and enjoy a bit of life then linger in game forum you hardly enjoy anymore

I have to confess I be having too much free time. And since I don't enjoy playing PoE, I came here to jab at people who praise PoE as the best aRPG game (that they won't play and try to find another game).

Also, Diablo3.
"
Networm13 wrote:
"
anti4z500 wrote:
"
Networm13 wrote:
This may be very novel to you geezers. But how about asking GGG bless us with some real quality of life/balance changes so that you don't have to find another game after you are 'done' with the league? PoE in its current state is hardly enjoyable imo.

you know that no1 is forcing you to play if you dont enjoy a game. just move on and enjoy a bit of life then linger in game forum you hardly enjoy anymore

I have to confess I be having too much free time. And since I don't enjoy playing PoE, I came here to jab at people who praise PoE as the best aRPG game (that they won't play and try to find another game).

Also, Diablo3.

been playing 11+ years. i think i played more then enough

i did not sell my soul. that i must play poe always and forever till the day i die. no1 stopping me from enjoying poe for a month and move to others games like all sane ppl do
That's why I suggested if PoE had more balance/quality of life, you'd be surprised that you could thoroughly enjoy PoE for more than a month.

Anw, check out Cult of The Lamb. It's a semi-casual game, mixing many genres. But it's fun, at least for me and many others.

Rating: 9/10 · ‎43,649 reviews
"
Networm13 wrote:
That's why I suggested if PoE had more balance/quality of life, you'd be surprised that you could thoroughly enjoy PoE for more than a month.

Anw, check out Cult of The Lamb. It's a semi-casual game, mixing many genres. But it's fun, at least for me and many others.

Rating: 9/10 · ‎43,649 reviews

i enjoy poe. enjoyed for a long time. and will enjoy for a long time.
Poe cant offer anything more that will keep me longer then a month. not in a easy mode poe that it is atm. (bring back nemesis mods at full power add sanctum as core add new big update like heist/delve that will keep me longer)

Cult of The Lamb good game but its not my cup of the tea.
Just curious. Have you 8/8-ed hardmode yet? I suppose hardmode is GGG's answer to players of your caliber.

A friend mentioned WoLong as a grindy game. You dig that?
Last edited by Networm13 on Apr 30, 2023, 11:02:26 AM
wolcen lords of mayhem is a decent game to drown a few hours into.

Yes the game has quite a bad rating thanks to some minor and larger issues.
Story is still pretty good and worth a shot if you are a enjoyer of good lore and cutscenes.
Gameplay wise it's quite slow paced but it has some interest approaches in some aspects.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Apr 30, 2023, 11:08:59 AM
"
Networm13 wrote:
Just curious. Have you 8/8-ed hardmode yet? I suppose hardmode is GGG's answer to players of your caliber.

A friend mentioned WoLong as a grindy game. You dig that?

hell noo fuck that. i may be crazy but i am not that crazy :D
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Xyel wrote:

I don't know if it's a problem or not, but it feels like an indication that the actual gameplay isn't all that much fun even to many people who play it a lot. The goal-chasing is still fun, but the moment the goal, whatever it was for the person, gets chased down, it's alt + F4 and going to look for another game...

I think this has much more to do with the genre, playing the same game for MANY years and the season based approach than it has to do with the quality of the game. I never played seasons in D3, but to me, it seemed like a lot of players felt 'done' way before the season ended there too?

To me, goals will ALWAYS be very important in games, and I hardly play ANY videogames where goals aren't an integral part. I don't even know if those games exist? If I run out of goals in games, I run out of game.

Anyhow, you joined in 2012. You've been playing for 11 years (on and off, I assume). How many video games have you played for 11 years, where you still can sit down and play them A LOT for 3 months non stop? What's left, then? New goals each season.

But was the game always like that?

I mean, I play PoE with the super-goal oriented mindset, and I know I didn't back in the old days... I'm not sure when it changed, if it is the game that changed or me... but this is the only game I play like that.

And it's not genre-specific either, because I played a metric fuckton of DII Median XL.

I remember an interview with Chris where he talked about players being much more goal-oriented these days... I just wonder if it isn't GGG building the game around being played in a goal-oriented fashion instead.
"
Xyel wrote:

But was the game always like that?

Good question.

I don't know the answer to that. I just know that the more I played, the more I learned and the better I got at the game, goals became more important - and ways to reach those goals became easier.

It was the same for me in Diablo 2. Once I reached what I considered my "peak", and it got unrealistic to progress further, I was done.

And I absolutely think it's genre specific. Sure, it might just be me, but these days, I never run a map just to run a map and have fun. There's always a div card to chase, a fragment to get or some currency to stack up. Sure, if I didn't find the process/journey fun, I wouldn't be here. Again, same in Diablo 2; I never started any of my Baal runs just to have fun through gameplay, there was always a greater goal and milestones to reach.

Bottom line? I absolutely do not think it's unhealthy for neither players, nor the game to have season intervals that (directly or indirectly) encourage breaks.

And for you (and maybe me), there's no real "learning curve" left. You have to factor that in too. When there's nothing new to learn, the journey becomes shorter. And ARPG's, at least to me, is ALL about the journey.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Oh... I just realized no one mentioned Wolcen.
Haven't played in ages but I found it quite good - and since then a few updates were added so perhaps now the campaign has a real ending.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info