Any suggestions on a good ARPG game ?

"
Xyel wrote:
...and, on the other hand, 'so, I'm done with the league and it's over 3 months until the next one, what do I play?'

I love it.

I don't really see a problem with sinking your soul into a video game for a few weeks, feeling fulfilled and moving on to another game? It's like everyone and their grandmother have to play PoE as their only game for the entire league, if not; "PoE is dying". What's so wrong about playing PoE for a month, reaching 40/40 and feeling fulfilled/satisfied?

On topic: Last Epoch is probably your best bet. All other alternatives are really lacking when it comes to an endgame. Note that I have not tried Torchlight Infinite.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Xyel wrote:
...and, on the other hand, 'so, I'm done with the league and it's over 3 months until the next one, what do I play?'

I love it.

I don't really see a problem with sinking your soul into a video game for a few weeks, feeling fulfilled and moving on to another game? It's like everyone and their grandmother have to play PoE as their only game for the entire league, if not; "PoE is dying". What's so wrong about playing PoE for a month, reaching 40/40 and feeling fulfilled/satisfied?

I don't know if it's a problem or not, but it feels like an indication that the actual gameplay isn't all that much fun even to many people who play it a lot. The goal-chasing is still fun, but the moment the goal, whatever it was for the person, gets chased down, it's alt + F4 and going to look for another game...
Last edited by Xyel on Apr 30, 2023, 8:11:47 AM
Doesn't that apply to pretty much any goal people set for them selves? What's left to be done with a goal after you've reached it aside from moving on to something else? Besides, there is nothing wrong with POEs gameplay itself i.e the monster smashing. It's pretty much everything around it that sucks ass.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Apr 30, 2023, 8:13:50 AM
"
Xyel wrote:

I don't know if it's a problem or not, but it feels like an indication that the actual gameplay isn't all that much fun even to many people who play it a lot. The goal-chasing is still fun, but the moment the goal, whatever it was for the person, gets chased down, it's alt + F4 and going to look for another game...

I think this has much more to do with the genre, playing the same game for MANY years and the season based approach than it has to do with the quality of the game. I never played seasons in D3, but to me, it seemed like a lot of players felt 'done' way before the season ended there too?

To me, goals will ALWAYS be very important in games, and I hardly play ANY videogames where goals aren't an integral part. I don't even know if those games exist? If I run out of goals in games, I run out of game.

Anyhow, you joined in 2012. You've been playing for 11 years (on and off, I assume). How many video games have you played for 11 years, where you still can sit down and play them A LOT for 3 months non stop? What's left, then? New goals each season.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
This may be very novel to you geezers. But how about asking GGG bless us with some real quality of life/balance changes so that you don't have to find another game after you are 'done' with the league? PoE in its current state is hardly enjoyable imo.
hoho
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Project Diablo 2

That mod team is amazing and the new season just started a few days ago.
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
Last edited by Rippster on Apr 30, 2023, 9:30:52 AM
Sacred 1&2
"
Networm13 wrote:
This may be very novel to you geezers. But how about asking GGG bless us with some real quality of life/balance changes so that you don't have to find another game after you are 'done' with the league? PoE in its current state is hardly enjoyable imo.

you know that no1 is forcing you to play if you dont enjoy a game. just move on and enjoy a bit of life then linger in game forum you hardly enjoy anymore
"
Ceahlau wrote:
Sacred 1&2

o thats a good games

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info