[3.22] šŸ’€The Grim ReaperšŸ’€ - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin (SSF Viable, League-start viable, Uber)

I just want to thank you for this god-tier starter build!

Lvl 95 with 17M DPS now, I have a blast playing it. Good job! ;-)
Last edited by Les_Larmes_du_Styx on Apr 17, 2023, 5:03:27 AM
"
CantripN wrote:
"
gasparoto1 wrote:
how do you cap the chance to poison? im sitting at 90% currently, not sure where the 10% i am missing comes from.

The in-game tooltip doesn't account for the Curse Mastery for +20%. If you're seeing 90%, you're at 100% :)

Hi! Thanks for the build. It's very nice!

Question about this:
If I get crucible mod "10% chance to poison with spells", can I skip curse mastery on the tree, or is it still too valuable to skip?

An additional question on this:
From which curse/hex do we get the additional chance to poison?

Also a question regarding the glove freeze exarch mod - what is the easiest way to get this mod? Should I buy a glove with the implicit and then craft on it?
Last edited by HeexX on Apr 17, 2023, 6:14:57 AM
"
I just want to thank you for this god-tier starter build!

Lvl 95 with 17M DPS now, I have a blast playing it. Good job! ;-)

Glad you're having fun :D
[3.22] šŸ’€The Grim ReaperšŸ’€ - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ā„ļøāš”CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreezeāš”ā„ļø
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
"
HeexX wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:
"
gasparoto1 wrote:
how do you cap the chance to poison? im sitting at 90% currently, not sure where the 10% i am missing comes from.

The in-game tooltip doesn't account for the Curse Mastery for +20%. If you're seeing 90%, you're at 100% :)

Hi! Thanks for the build. It's very nice!

Question about this:
If I get crucible mod "10% chance to poison with spells", can I skip curse mastery on the tree, or is it still too valuable to skip?

An additional question on this:
From which curse/hex do we get the additional chance to poison?

Also a question regarding the glove freeze exarch mod - what is the easiest way to get this mod? Should I buy a glove with the implicit and then craft on it?

If you get to 100% without the Mastery, it saves you a point there, yes. You don't need it to Freeze/Shock anyhow.

Curses don't give you extra chance to Poison, you get 40% from Assassin, and the rest is on the tree.

For the gloves, I'd buy a temple base (extra crit chance vs shocked) with life, suppression, res, etc. Then add the implicits. Oh, and a reminder, you can Harvest-swap the different Temple mods with each other (damage vs chill, crit vs shock, flat fire vs burning), so you can look for gloves that have ANY of those 3, and just fix with Harvest.

[3.22] ā„ļøāš”CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreezeāš”ā„ļø
Last edited by CantripN on Apr 17, 2023, 8:53:22 AM
"
krzkn wrote:
After I got "freeze spread" implicit on glove, this build feels amazing to play. And yeah, I can level up easily with it.

Here is my current gear. Can you take a look at it and tell me what I need to upgrade for more damage ?
https://pobb.in/76feTWmVLcJT

You can make better daggers, those are 3 mods or so, we can do better. Good ones, but can be better.

Belt is missing a damage mod, but I guess Life :D

Action Speed mod on boot implicits...

Better jewels, Watcher's Eye with a damage mod on top (or flat chance to evade), the jewels to steal points from Trickster...

Also, just some ways you can improve the tree, and small stuff like 2% es regen mastery that you don't need, etc.

Last edited by CantripN on Apr 17, 2023, 9:17:58 AM
"
CantripN wrote:
Notes for 3.21 based on league so far:

1 - Don't use Perfect Agony unless you can Freeze Crucible Rares in tough maps with it. If it makes you lose the ability to Freeze, it's not worth the small damage boost. Yes, this is THE build for Perfect Agony, but even here it's kinda meh.

2 - The proper Medium Jewel is Chaos DoT Multi base with:
Eternal Suffering (Wither on Hit) + Flow of Life (Life/Regen).
This is because we're back to applying Wither with totems and this over Balance of Terror. I wish it comes back, but for now...

Cheers, thanks for those notes. Will try both out.

Question on 2: Do we still need to use wither totems if we use Eternal Suffering?
"
HeexX wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:
Notes for 3.21 based on league so far:

1 - Don't use Perfect Agony unless you can Freeze Crucible Rares in tough maps with it. If it makes you lose the ability to Freeze, it's not worth the small damage boost. Yes, this is THE build for Perfect Agony, but even here it's kinda meh.

2 - The proper Medium Jewel is Chaos DoT Multi base with:
Eternal Suffering (Wither on Hit) + Flow of Life (Life/Regen).
This is because we're back to applying Wither with totems and this over Balance of Terror. I wish it comes back, but for now...

Cheers, thanks for those notes. Will try both out.

Question on 2: Do we still need to use wither totems if we use Eternal Suffering?

You still do, Eternal Suffering is only upto 6 Wither stacks. You can get rid of the need for totems if you use a Vaal Legion Jewel, but I'm not sure that's optimal - one of the options there is 25% to Wither on Hit.

Either that, or 10% to Wither on Hit per Dagger for a total of 20% on both. Crucible Trees are pretty great :)

I've been doing some research into crucible trees for the build and I believe I've found the ideal trees, with mods being ordered from best to worst:

1st mod (nice bonus, tier not super important, the added chaos damage here is quite small overall):

Adds (1/2/4/6/13)-(3/4/6/10/20) Chaos Damage to Spells
10% Increased effect of Withered
(best by far)
----or----
Adds (1/2/4/6/13)-(3/4/6/10/20) Chaos Damage to Spells
10% chance to Poison on Hit with Spell Damage

(could free up a passive point if youre able to get to max poison chance with this)
----or----
(7/10/13/17/20)% increased Damage over Time
5% increased Skill Effect Duration

(Tier for this one is pretty impactful. Likely gives you more damage than any of the flat chaos increases, and skill effect duration is a nice bit of utility for our buff durations)
----or----
Adds (1/2/6/11/21)-(5/6/10/17/33) Chaos Damage to Spells
----or----
7/10/13/17/20% Increased Spell Damage
10% increased maximum Mana
(ok if you need the mana)
----or----
Adds (2/5/8/14/28)-(5/7/14/22/42) Chaos Damage to Spells
5% reduced maximum Life
(not ideal but if you really want more chaos damage I guess)

2nd mod (big damage):

+(40/50/60)% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
-3% to Critical Strike Chance

(I tested and the reduced crit chance is local on the dagger, but the multi is not, so this ends up being free damage. As of writing this PoB thinks the reduced crit chance is global just fyi)
----or----
-30% to Critical Strike Multiplier for Spell Damage
+(1/1.25/1.5)% to Spell Critical Strike Chance

(The gain in flat critical chance is a lot bigger than the decrease from the loss of multi. Obviously this only hurts your DPS when things are on low life, but still can give you a ton of extra damage for the first half of fights)
----or----
+(0.4/0.5/0.6)% to Spell Critical Strike Chance (small flat bonus to crit = big increase in crit chance)
----or----
Regenerate (0.2/0.3/0.4)% of Mana per second
5% more maximum Mana

(you lose out on a lot of damage by taking this here, but it still can be a good option since we need lots of max mana)

3rd & 4th mods (most important, also these mods can take up either slot):

(6/10)% chance to inflict Withered for 2 seconds on Hit & 25% chance to be Withered for 2 seconds when you take Chaos Damage from a Hit
(best of the whole crucible! lets you get towards max wither stacks, possibly even without totems)

----and (pick any 1 from below)----

Malevolence has (20/25/30)% increased Aura Effect & Malevolence has 25% increased Reservation
(Great for extra damage. Because the you'll be casting malevolence with divine blessing, the reservation actually does nothing to the cost of the skill)
----or----
50% reduced Endurance Charge Duration
Gain an Endurance Charge on Kill

(Extra tankiness when mapping, I currently have this on one of my daggers and its great QoL especially for particularly juicy maps)
----or----
(20/24)% increased Area of Effect
10% reduced Area of Effect if you've Killed Recently

(more AoE for smoother map clears)
----or----
10% reduced Area of Effect
(25/30)% increased Area of Effect if you've Killed at least 5 Enemies Recently

(same as above but probably worse because it gives you reduced AoE part of the time)
----or----
(15/20)% increased Skill Effect Duration
10% reduced Cooldown Recovery Rate

(will make your dashes take a bit longer to come back, but otherwise makes your temporary buffs last a good bit longer)

Unfortunately the 5th node skill for hexblast "x% of Hexblast and Doom Blast Overkill Damage is Leeched as Life" doesn't do anything for us since our mines would be the ones getting the leech, so don't worry about the 5th mod. A bit of a blessing in disguise since the rest of the tree will be easier to craft then.

Thanks for reading and sorry for the wall of text haha. Thank you Cantrip for putting together this awesome build that inspired me to do all this digging. Hope this helps you guys craft some OP crucible daggers to make this build even stronger.
Last edited by TacoTheSlayer on Apr 17, 2023, 9:39:40 PM
Thanks for the research done :)

Other than Min Charges which I find pointless since you have them anyhow from Charged Mines, I agree with your points here.

Crucible Trees are awesome, Wither most of all.

All that research and this whole time I didn't realize that the charges was +1 to minimum hahaha. Thank you for pointing that out, I guess that makes malevolence BiS for the 4th mod, ill edit the post.

Edit: okay edited and removed min charges. also added DoT to mod 1 options, more max mana to mod 2, and skill effect duration to 3/4.
Last edited by TacoTheSlayer on Apr 17, 2023, 9:42:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info