widescreen resolution removed from the game.

I really miss being able to play on my Widescreen G9. Never did I have the feeling to gain a competitive advantage over others for playing on my whole screen.

Maybe limit the Aspect Ratios for Challenge Leagues or something. This is one of the features I really miss every time coming back to the game. Please add it back - and don't let it out in PoE2!!
If it is a big issue in PoE 1 it would certainly be nice to see it in PoE 2.

I have a new GPU this league and honestly the performance is still quite bad, even at 3440x1440. Hopefully the engine is better in PoE 2 also as it is quite detracting. Even on low settings etc the performance seems the same.

I even deleted shader cache etc and it did help tbh.
The thing that scares me the most is that GGG hasn't spoken a word about ultra wide since Kalandra.

No news in that regard for PoE2 either.

It would be very sad if PoE2 would be locked to 21:9. D4 goes up to 27:9 (or 3:1), which is better than 21:9 but not quite 32:9, and Last Epoch fully embraces 32:9 in its full glory.
Yea its a bit sad not seeing any sort of update or anything, idk how long its been now, I cant see the previous page but yea its like 1.5 years almost.

I know they are busy but surely they have a person or people looking at forums etc to see what content people are enjoying etc, idk. Yea its sad, feels like being ignored. Hopefully it will be reported on sometime and possibly a solution but idk, it worked fine for years previous, bit odd.
2024 and still no support for super ultrawide resolutions. Old games like Titan Quest have it..... guess we don't matter to PoE.
Yea its really funny how many old games support it yet modern ones dont. I know most people game at 1080p but even 4k is getting really old now.

With how bad PoE performs atm idk... id prefer them to look into that but I am not sure its fixable.
They pretend it was a graphics issue but really it was just a nerf
There's a reason they did it.
The reason they shared is not it.

Unfortunately, I guess we'll never find out the real reason. GGG being secretive as usual.
Yea, that is how I feel also. Maybe I am being ignorant but the main thing that dissapoints me is that its just kinda left in the air. Really would be nice to have a bit more communication. If not you just end up with silly long posts like this with the community trying to reason / resolve it, which is not really going to help or happen.

Hopefully once PoE 2 is out it maybe addressed but I think not sadly. Lets just hope PoE 2 resolves a lot of these issues, I know its difficult developing ontop of a already aged platform sadly.
Game was completely fine in 32:9 with zero issues.

Last edited by XeoTech on Feb 7, 2024, 6:46:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info