widescreen resolution removed from the game.

I think Tackle70 received a heavy warning for the constant daily bumps of the thread.
Which is a shame, as he was simply keeping the topic alive for visibility, since GGG has just ignored this after providing a lacklustre response to the issue.

Even if he bumped it in the less subtle way with the same quote each time, is this really a cause for probation? Even ggg tos doesn't seem to have a clause against this case, unless posting an opinion is now breach of the tos as well :shrug:
Yea I think it’s a bit sad regarding the suspension, I honestly don't understand why people advocate against these modern resolutions being supported.

I mean people have been spanning across 2-3+ monitors for years, I really wanted to do the same 10-15 years ago, all these display companies are doing is that, but with spanning panels so there is no border.

It’s the same in my head as flaming people for having 4090s, if people think its good value and can afford it then go ahead. (I personally think component prices in general are getting a joke these days).

But yea I was happy this thread was getting bumped and maybe we will get a proper response or a solution, I mean going off what people say the ultrawide community is a massive minority, so why is it a problem in the first place? I mean it was not an issue for like, what? 10 years? But yea either way I hope Tackle70’s suspension gets lifted.

I know games costing a few £ that support all resolutions and I know this game is a lot more complex, but why punish consumers? I could go on all day I guess a lot could but you get the idea. Hopefully PoE 2 has support and is a nice ARPG as PoE 1 is, I think maybe they are stretched too thin regarding PoE 1 atm.
Complexity of combat mechanics has nothing to do with the rendering FOV, latter can be tweaked anytime, as well as distance from player at which monsters are shown and AI is working.

GGG wants to standardize players FOV, fine, but why does this have to be black bars? More civilized (and widespread) solution is to limit actor reveal radius instead, while letting rendering environments on ultra widescreen. It improves the immersion and doesn't affect combat.

People can shoot targets offscreen now anyway, and not only in 5-ways. In this game you don't have to see target with widescreen to be able to kill it, this alone makes "official" answer quoted on this thread's first page meaningless.
"
Echothesis wrote:
People can shoot targets offscreen now anyway, and not only in 5-ways. In this game you don't have to see target with widescreen to be able to kill it, this alone makes "official" answer quoted on this thread's first page meaningless.

"
This is the widest that we can currently go before we start hitting the cutoff where entities and effects vanish.

Nothing to do with hitting what you can't see, but everything with seeing what you shouldn't see.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
You mean I shouldn't see how entities and effects start to vanish far away from character? What's the problem with that? Sight range and fog of war are common concepts, seeing black bars instead of that is much more cringe in 2023.
"
Echothesis wrote:
You mean I shouldn't see how entities and effects start to vanish far away from character? What's the problem with that? Sight range and fog of war are common concepts, seeing black bars instead of that is much more cringe in 2023.

i wonder why ggg doesn't go for foggy clouds, maybe because it looks shit if there are areas in bright sunlight.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I mean ultrawide is supported on counter strike, which is an actual esports game. Yet all the pro players or even any player that cares to be competative in that FPS use a silly resolution like 1280 × 960, 1024 × 768, and 1280 × 1024, from my understanding (i am not pro haha) this makes the character models appear larger, thus giving an advantage.

I would love someone to explain how seeing a mob gives you an advantage in a single player game, like wtf are we talking about even? If some guy has the new Samsung G10 and its 16k with 64:9 so he has twice the screen assets of a 32:9, you know what that makes me think? Oh wow, that is cool af, look how immersive that must be.

As stated before, yea just limit this in competitions etc. Yea its a bit sad how this has just been ignored tbh, I cant understand how people can argue against it, what year do you live in? 1080p is old af, yes not everyone can afford it etc, but there are always budget options, my second monitor (5120x1440) cost me £350, after I sold my old 3440x1440 for £200 the ugrade cost me £150.

Yea idk.

Same thing with starcraft 2, you have to faff about changing where the aspect ratio is rendered to even play the game. Why not just make it locked aspect in multiplayer? Oh because that costs money and Blizzard is poor it seems. Like wtf is gaming these days, literal £5 games are the best games these days.
Stopped playing a while ago, just got a G9 Neo and wanted to try this game with it but it seems like there is still no interest from the developers on enabling a nice gaming experience on higher resolutions.

Are there any news regarding the 32:9 support?
Rephrasing deleted post: so far there has been no comments from GGG on the matter since the change was made, so you can deduce their opinion on the matter from this fact:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info