[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
aiyaankiani wrote:
Can someone please guide me with what i need to do boost my damage? And should i add the second cluster jewel?

Largest boost would be getting dual influenced %int & dmg/15int amulet. Forbidden Flesh/Flame for Ambush & assassinate is another big upgrade.

You are little low level to have enough passive points to get another cluster jewel.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
I've completely missed the change to Profane ground in the patch notes. They killed it. That's just sad. Rational Doctrine is dead to this build now.

Nevermind. I'm wrong. PoB says it still gives you 13% MORE damage. And yes, it also helps to raise the crit rate vs enemies that are not yet on Low Life.

The alternatives are all inferior.

Disregard my previous post. Rational Doctrine is still OK. Not as good as it was before 3.25 but still the best for that jewel socket.

Is that 13% more damage with the Low Life config or only at high life? Rational Doctrine + Profane Ground is only showing a 4.2% damage increase for me against Low Life enemies despite the fact that I'm running 3 damage curses but I might be missing something?
"
Slowacki wrote:
Is there any gem we can put in the curse setup if we have a 6l? I got my ambush and assassinate jewels and wondering what to replace culling strike with.

I personally like to put my Frostblink in that link at that point to be able to curse enemies that don't necessarily hit you.

You could also go for extra utility if you don't already have those like Frost Bomb or even Void Sphere.

Or worst case you get a free socket to level extra gems and make money :)
"
Slowacki wrote:
Is there any gem we can put in the curse setup if we have a 6l? I got my ambush and assassinate jewels and wondering what to replace culling strike with.

Frost Bomb lv 1

Few notes for beastcrafting this thing.
Using group A/B as per this post

I had few amulets with 3 shaper mods.

These mostly lined up with these 2 shaper mod amulets

which are in group B. Every time the 3mod picked the dmg/15int as the mod to transfer, the group B was chosen from the 2mod groups. However sometimes when group B was chosen, the 3mod amulets chose different mod to transfer. Big thing here is, that the 3mod amulets had different outcome than 2mod amulets, giving some extra chances to roll the right combination.

Same way these 3mod amulets

worked with group A amulets

There were some times when none of the 3mod amulets had right mod taken. I don't know if there is some combination of mods that would fill those times, but at least with thee mods there were none.

I also had one amulet with 4 shaper mods

It did chose the correct mod 2 or 3 times out of 16. Every time it chose the correct mod, the group B was chosen from 2mod groups.
Last edited by Cjin on Aug 7, 2024, 9:29:12 AM
"
ragebarr wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
I've completely missed the change to Profane ground in the patch notes. They killed it. That's just sad. Rational Doctrine is dead to this build now.

Nevermind. I'm wrong. PoB says it still gives you 13% MORE damage. And yes, it also helps to raise the crit rate vs enemies that are not yet on Low Life.

Disregard my previous post. Rational Doctrine is still OK. Not as good as it was before 3.25 but still the best for that jewel socket.

Is that 13% more damage with the Low Life config or only at high life? Rational Doctrine + Profane Ground is only showing a 4.2% damage increase for me against Low Life enemies despite the fact that I'm running 3 damage curses but I might be missing something?

You are using a different version of the build. I'm talking about the one I'm using. In my PoB it gives me 13% MORE damage.
"
Cjin wrote:

Few notes for beastcrafting this thing.
Using group A/B as per this post

I had few amulets with 3 shaper mods.

These mostly lined up with these 2 shaper mod amulets

which are in group B. Every time the 3mod picked the dmg/15int as the mod to transfer, the group B was chosen from the 2mod groups. However sometimes when group B was chosen, the 3mod amulets chose different mod to transfer.

Same way these 3mod amulets

worked with group A amulets

There were some times when none of the 3mod amulets had right mod taken. I don't know if there is some combination of mods that would fill those times, but at least with thee mods there were none.

I also had one amulet with 4 shaper mods

It did chose the correct mod 2 or 3 times out of 16. Every time it chose the correct mod, the group B was chosen from 2mod groups.

I've explained my theory with the mod lists and the system randomly choosing the direction. Amulets with more than 2 mods behave like 2-mods. When the system checks the list from top to bottom it picks one mod, when the other way - another mod. So only 2 mods ever have a chance of getting picked. We just don't know the exact list so you can't say in advance which 2 mods will be getting used. But you can see in practice. Since they are much more rare than 2-mods there is no real reason to use them.
"
Kelvynn wrote:

I've explained my theory with the mod lists and the system randomly choosing the direction. Amulets with more than 2 mods behave like 2-mods. When the system checks the list from top to bottom it picks one mod, when the other way - another mod. So only 2 mods ever have a chance of getting picked. We just don't know the exact list so you can't say in advance which 2 mods will be getting used. But you can see in practice. Since they are much more rare than 2-mods there is no real reason to use them.

3mod amulets had different outcome than 2mod amulets, so you can get little higher chances to roll the right combination.
"
Slowacki wrote:

Frost shield, usually.
"
ragebarr wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Theoretically, the profane ground change should be stronger for the Anethema version though.

Even for me taking your original version Doctrine is ~6% on lowlife changing some points out of crit chance and ~4-5% on non-low life. Even keeping the overcrit on lowlife to boost up the pre-50 time it only ups pre 50 to ~6% as well. It basically matches a mid level jewel let alone a great rare jewel that you could get for a quarter of the price of a doctrine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info