[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Vandamonia wrote:
Im sorry but is this build just completely incapable of running Blight? SInce swapping to this build I have not beaten a SINGLE one, and im not talking about blight maps. Just normal maps with blight in it. Running with optimal towers, enemies are just IGNORING the towers after a few seconds (and no the enemies are not immune to the type of towers they just sprint past). I have no idea what else i can do for this.

It is capable of running it. You need ring enchants (The meteor tower one and the freeze one) for it to be easy. Stun tower level 3 + freeze tower level 3 + meteor tower just clears the lane on it's own even without you doing any dps. You can add explode corpse charm or buy oriath's end flask to even make it easier. However doing 4 lane blights are kind of impossible with this build, yeah.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
After 7 years of playing this game, it finally dropped for me...

Merry Christmas from GGG! xD

(Crimson Temple around 100% quant, Beyond, 3k blue, 1k yellow, 1k purple wisps)

Gratz. Merry Christmas!
"
SNFIRE wrote:
how can u see your dps in the POB? even if i select Icestorm (mapping) it will not show me any real looking values?

Average hit * 24 if all five storms are on the target.
Thank you for this build it is amazing
I am clearing t16s without even the proper budget gear completed and can switch to single target for those pesky empowered mobs
And quite tanky as well
But most importantly it is super fun
I fell into the trap of trying to use "meta" skills like ts or srs although I didn't enjoy them, so I didn't put in the effort
CoC and CoW were always my favorite type of builds
The playstyle of this build is simply amazing, very agile and visually enjoyable
"
Vandamonia wrote:
Im sorry but is this build just completely incapable of running Blight? SInce swapping to this build I have not beaten a SINGLE one, and im not talking about blight maps. Just normal maps with blight in it. Running with optimal towers, enemies are just IGNORING the towers after a few seconds (and no the enemies are not immune to the type of towers they just sprint past). I have no idea what else i can do for this.

You can run most Blight without dealing any damage. Only the four-ways star shape and blight-ravaged maps require dealing damage.

This build is super good with blight, as you can self-cast on choke points and absolutely delete the enemies.

You need to use this strat :

- lvl 3 stun tower (not 4!).
- lvl 3 chill tower.
- lvl 3 empower.

This stun locks all enemies if you have one in each lane, as the odds of multiple enemies being stun and chill immune are slim.

Now make sure that :

- the chill tower is closer to the pump as the stun tower. Chill towers have a cap on how many enemies they can slow at once. As such, it should only catch stun immune monsters. Keep an eye on them to clean up if enemies get chilled.
- there's no map mods like stun immunity or "monsters action speed cannit be lowered", as they brick your towers.

When every lane is covered, start dropping damaging towers. Meteor towers are nice, but use a variety to cover resistant mobs.

I'd use the extra range of empower annoint for those maps where you get awkward tower spots.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Vandamonia wrote:

You can run most Blight without dealing any damage. Only the four-ways star shape and blight-ravaged maps require dealing damage.

This build is super good with blight, as you can self-cast on choke points and absolutely delete the enemies.

You need to use this strat :

- lvl 3 stun tower (not 4!).
- lvl 3 chill tower.
- lvl 3 empower.

This stun locks all enemies if you have one in each lane, as the odds of multiple enemies being stun and chill immune are slim.

Now make sure that :

- the chill tower is closer to the pump as the stun tower. Chill towers have a cap on how many enemies they can slow at once. As such, it should only catch stun immune monsters. Keep an eye on them to clean up if enemies get chilled.
- there's no map mods like stun immunity or "monsters action speed cannit be lowered", as they brick your towers.

When every lane is covered, start dropping damaging towers. Meteor towers are nice, but use a variety to cover resistant mobs.

I'd use the extra range of empower annoint for those maps where you get awkward tower spots.

After reading this I managed to beat the next one I did, thank you :)
How would this build work with Black Sun Crest helmet, and int stacking boots instead?
"
Jespetin wrote:
How would this build work with Black Sun Crest helmet, and int stacking boots instead?

Spoiler

That is what PoB tells me my stats would change with BSC. I don't think 3% physical damage reduction is worth loosing 3000es. Along with tons of Evasion rating and suffix for resistance.

Getting good rare boots could maybe be better than Stampede if you can get away without second anointment. But you would need very good speed rolls and other stuff to counter the speed loss from Stampede. Remember cyclone gives you additional -20% move speed so your "normal" move speed goes from 150% to 80%.
"
Cjin wrote:
"
Jespetin wrote:

Spoiler

That is what PoB tells me my stats would change with BSC. I don't think 3% physical damage reduction is worth loosing 3000es. Along with tons of Evasion rating and suffix for resistance.

Getting good rare boots could maybe be better than Stampede if you can get away without second anointment. But you would need very good speed rolls and other stuff to counter the speed loss from Stampede. Remember cyclone gives you additional -20% move speed so your "normal" move speed goes from 150% to 80%.

Yeah makes sense. Thanks for the science!
"
Cjin wrote:

It's worth noting that it's worse than 20%.

At 20% quality, it's 30% less and 10% more, which is 100%*0.7*1.1 = 77%.

Since it's a more/less multiplier, it also means that any other modifier, whether it is increased move speed, increased action speed or anything else will also be multiplied by 77%, making all of them much less appealing.

For example, having 30% move speed on boots with 5% action speed on implicit, which is what people usually use, would net 77% * 130% * 1.05 = 105% final move speed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info