[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Which new Ascendancy is the best for the build ?
"
Naarfi wrote:
"
ChaosDMG wrote:
Hi. the gear guide does not mention what Eldritch implicit modifier is BIS for the helm. Is it mentioned somewhere?

There is no BiS Eldritch in the Guide since you want to use Hunter influence helm for +10% Int.

o, I didnt think if that, thanks. Is there a way to remove Eldritch implicit (more importantly the influence it adds)
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:

I believe Kelvynn did not include exposure on Cyclone staff setup because we usually don't need it for thrash cleaning. With a substantial -res pool already included in the build and the option to switch to boss staff when you encounter a beefy rare and apply exposure that way, it does not seem worth it.

If you really wanted to include it, you'd probably want to use the Cold mastery instead of the complicated, multi-link WoC setup we used before we got that option.

Well I'm still stuck at 5S until I get a third staff with 6S so I can burn another 300 chromatics trying to color it.

I'm not sure what you mean by "complicated WoC setup." I just added it to the end of my CWDT-IC-IncrDur. I didn't have anything else to put in there that seemed worthwhile!

Good point on the CWDT setup. You'd then be giving up the flex slot, which usually contains Frost Shield or Culling Strike.
"
ChaosDMG wrote:
"
Naarfi wrote:
"
ChaosDMG wrote:
Hi. the gear guide does not mention what Eldritch implicit modifier is BIS for the helm. Is it mentioned somewhere?

There is no BiS Eldritch in the Guide since you want to use Hunter influence helm for +10% Int.

o, I didnt think if that, thanks. Is there a way to remove Eldritch implicit (more importantly the influence it adds)

Unfortunately not. You'll need to craft another helm.
is there a reason we don't take ghost dance, soul thief, and the int %evasion for 4 points? I think it adds a lot of defense to the build.
this build is amazing for a league start. dirt cheap and easy to play. thank you so much for the indepth step-by-step

I've only just started mapping but I should be able to make enough currency now to pay for another build 💯

so far my biggest pain point are wildwood yellow tunnel worms
I just skip them because theyre impossible to kill :' )
even with the bossing setup, they dont stay above ground long enough for me to even break their shield

not a huge deal

but I am declaring them this build's mortal enemy
"
dcmallo wrote:
is there a reason we don't take ghost dance, soul thief, and the int %evasion for 4 points? I think it adds a lot of defense to the build.

There are enough defenses without them and passive points don't grow on trees.
"
Vennto wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:

Allright, I had time to look into Arcanist Brand.
All in all, I do not believe it's worth it. There are, essentially, three major setup for curses in this build :

- Fully automated with Ball Lightning, but reliant on getting hit;
- Paired with chilled grounds and Bonechill with Vortex, but with cast time;
- Weaved into movement and dodge with Frostblink, but more dangerous for bossing, as you're giving up your dodge CD.

Thanks for that very detailed analysis and answer. Refering to your map-coverage: Totally agree, Ball lightning is the far superior choice for mapping. I specifically was aiming at Single Target with my initial statement/question, maybe I should have made that clearer. Unfortunately, we can´t realistically change setups all the time so someone gotta pick their preferred way - on that node, I LOVED your alternatives, both with more advantages from self-casting than the arcanist brand idea. I´ll see if or how I will implement that. So far I just focus on mapping first and just now gotten the Ambush and Assassinate Jewels, Dmg spiked quite considerably now :D

The easiest thing is for 99% of mapping bosses you're fine. If you're going to run some dedicated boss like Mave/Elder etc the frost blink hextouch idea works perfectly because you can do that without ever worrying about sockets/colors. Just pull out CWDT and swap the place of your frostblink/ball lightning gems. By far the best option. Keeps CWDT coverage for juicy mapping since you will proc it a ton and makes hextouch curse very easy on bossing.
"
WinterHiko wrote:

My thoughts, without any testing, going from the wiki description.

Frostblink of Wintry Blast : tl;dr: it's not as good as frostblink for reasons.

Cold Snap of Power : tl:dr: it obviates the reasons we use Cold Snap in the build.

Ball Lightning of Orbiting : that could be very interesting. The wiki provides zero information. How far away from the character does it orbit? Does that scale with AOE? I'm worried that it would circle too close and hit less enemies, but it would also be far enough that it hits more. What does your testing yield?

After reading your reply, and checking the gems out, i replaced my original cold snap and frostblink gems.

The ball lightning of orbiting is very interesting. Its base radius is 2 meters, vs 1.8 meters for the base gem. It does a small amount lower dps, but moves 100$ faster than the balls generated by that base gem, vanilla ball lightning. I just watched it zoom around me, far enough away that it would about hit foes that were somewhat close, even if not pressed armour to armour.

I'm having trouble looking for body armour based on what is prescribed in the gearing guide.

The guide says in point 4 that for body armour, we are looking for one that has 45+ Int, 300+ ES and 1200+ Evasion. However, I can't find anything on trade this league for that. Does anyone have a link I can use?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info