3.18.0b Hotfix 1

"
Ondrugs wrote:
"
impulze3 wrote:
"
Toxic: Magic Monsters now have a 50% chance to create a Toxic Volatile on death (previously always). Now grants +40% to Chaos Resistance (previously +50%).

this needs to be 0% chance, like all on death effects.

Have you tried ritual wth all those effects ? even my tankiest characters cant handle it

Are you serious or is this just crying on a really high level? Your tankiest chars couldn't handle ritual? I doing it with traps,... You actually would only need a char with good chaos res or CI and you wouldn't even care about the mechanic at all.

I am serious

capped chaos res, 50/50 block, 80k armour, 40k evas. 5k life, lots of leech, 100% spell suppression.

Doing ritual, running around circles avoiding monsters and dying because th entire arena is covered in on-death effects.

Let me know a way to build LS zerker with CI, you seem to be sooo knowledgeable
Very cool mirror Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3227915
"
Ondrugs wrote:
"
impulze3 wrote:
"
Toxic: Magic Monsters now have a 50% chance to create a Toxic Volatile on death (previously always). Now grants +40% to Chaos Resistance (previously +50%).

this needs to be 0% chance, like all on death effects.

Have you tried ritual wth all those effects ? even my tankiest characters cant handle it

Are you serious or is this just crying on a really high level? Your tankiest chars couldn't handle ritual? I doing it with traps,... You actually would only need a char with good chaos res or CI and you wouldn't even care about the mechanic at all.

I am serious

capped chaos res, 50/50 block, 80k armour, 40k evas. 5k life, lots of leech, 100% spell suppression.

Doing ritual, running around circles avoiding monsters and dying because th entire arena is covered in on-death effects.

Let me know a way to build LS zerker with CI, you seem to be sooo knowledgeable
Very cool mirror Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3227915
Nice, we got the damage side of things nerfed a little, but the tankiness is out of control. You failed GGG, miserably. Revert to old mobs and try again later when you actually do some “extensive testing.”
Rares and Magic Monsters were fine in 3.17, also with "Nemesis" and "Bloodline" mods. They got balanced over years, more or less one by one. And now GGG thinks they can replace them with an unmanageable amount of new modifiers, that during the actual Archnemesis league were exclusively on single Rare Monsters, that had a preperation phase with choices.

That had to go wrong. Especially now combining them with other league mechanics and spreading them across multiple monsters at once (magic monsters or several rares from chests etc.).

My suggestions:
- Switch back to 3.17 rares and magic monsters first
- Add small amounts of AN mods to the pool of mods (or even one by one) over a period of time, so they can get balanced without the game feeling like an open beta
- Distinguish between mods suitable for single rares and magic packs (e.g. no Storm Strider on magics), basically what Nemesis and Bloodlines did
- No stacking of mods or prevent certain combinations; e.g. allow 1 offensive and 1 defensive mod, but not 2 of one kind; to prevent one-shot-ing or unkillable monsters
- Disable Archnemesis mods on monsters in all other league mechanics as long as they are not balanced for each and every one of them
- Give players back the "choice", so it can be more rewarding than without the extra risk; e.g. Arch Nemesis as a Map Mod, as a Map Device Craft, as Map Enchants, as Scarabs... so people can choose to do or not to do them.

- Or leave Archnemesis as it is and ship it exclusively to private leagues :D
come on guys , how long does it take that u will finally accept u cant implement those Archnems in to the game as it is now, i just did a quick harvest on yellow map and was insta killed by a WHOLE pack of blue wit Assassin mod. and every f map has 10 stormsentrys in it , please remove it finally.

edit: crystal skinned another problem i cant even react in time to avoid the backlash of that stupid thing... no fuckin chance.
Last edited by Gondalen on May 17, 2022, 7:36:23 PM
Boy do I love spending 3 minutes trying to kill a mob because 120% pen isn't enough because of stacking resists and ailment immunity from the mods.
Heralding is also incredibly poorly telegraphed, especially if you're in the middle of a large pack. In fact, most things are very poorly telegraphed. Even when I look back at footage of a death I can barely tell why I died.
I'm sorry but these new mods are just poorly designed from a moment to moment game perspective.
This kind of reminds me of launch D3 and how unfun it was, where the moment a certain rare was on your screen you were guaranteed to die.
I really wish you'd stop trying to work league mechanics into core, if you don't want to waste the development time that goes into a league mechanic just bring back how legacy league was done and just give it a better UI tied to the map device instead of inventory items and put that into core.
Last edited by JellyJones on May 17, 2022, 6:53:43 PM
Cancer league, please let chris wolson sit down for a few patches, he always bricks any forward progress made by the other programmers. I remember berserker had chance to deal double damage with the rage pascendancy, and now even the free splash from things such as glacial hammer or double damage heavystrike got removed when melee has been hit with s many nerfs. Chris wolcen sit down
Maybe just revert to old rares and make AN ones random spawns? Just saying. I think a lot of people would be happy with this compromise.

Also I'd like to have a bit more time to move away between the totem appearing and the lightning nova cast with the Heralding Minions AN mod... thanks.
Just get rid of Arch, dogma is helping you kill this league.
Endlest delirium rund 2 ist now live , u add dam tanki ads but where dam revard for tankines ? U vana us to
strugle like dam derilium shiti event no vai i gona hate miself and plai u broken game . and stop nerf nice item and bild , im not sure how u tinking but if u add tankines to sometink at last buf revard or u never be in wining side ........ All hate real life ist hard and kome there to relaks but i make dam game like life and that gona kill it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info