VK : Queue: Submit: ErrorDeviceLost

Running a 2080TI. I cannot go more than 10-15 minutes without the game crashing to the desktop. It is so frustrating to constantly lose progress and have to restart. I have tried DX11, DX12, and Vulkan, not difference. I have also tried almost every graphic setting. Nothing makes a difference. I have no issues with any other game, so this is frustrating.
Having issue aswell with vulkan, please fix its only way to make game playable for me :( dx11 and 12 have shit performance

Only happens for me when i'm going to hideout/town
Last edited by hivityrant on Mar 30, 2024, 10:31:04 AM
Same issue happening to me. I was on Vulkan in town and have gotten these two messages about VK error device lost. Crashed 4 times in less than an hour :/

vk::Queue::submit: ErrorDeviceLost
vk::Device::waitForFences: ErrorDeviceLost
Last edited by jesslikesflowers on Mar 31, 2024, 2:21:32 AM
Same problem keep crashing in town with the same errors. all the time.
This error most likely appears in new driver versions (according to forum posts of this problem in PoE and other games). So we have only 2 solutions:

1. Install older (much older) versions of driver, until you find a stable one. But if problem on game side, it wont work(

2. Play on DX12 (ive played few last years on Vulkan and now playing on DX12, and no significal differences noticed).

There also a small chance that this error is result of overheat or hardware fault.

And yes, this error is exlusively for Vulkan (VK = VulKan).

P.S. Changing vulkan/opengl present method parameter in NVIDIA control pannel to DXGI Swapchain gives nothing for me (but some people reports it worked for them).
Last edited by o0AlanW0o on Apr 1, 2024, 12:19:35 AM
im getting same error constantly now
Also getting the error. Doesn't matter where in the game I am. Town, random area, doesn't matter.
The problem occurs for me as well now. I did have an upgrade of the nvidia drivers lately so that is the most obvious culprit, but there has also been game updates in that time since it started. Will try to reinstall old nvidia driver..

Card: ASUS Geforce RTX 4090
DONT UNDERVOLT OR OVERCLOCK YOUR GPU, USE DX12
"
Neotronis wrote:
The problem occurs for me as well now. I did have an upgrade of the nvidia drivers lately so that is the most obvious culprit, but there has also been game updates in that time since it started. Will try to reinstall old nvidia driver..

Card: ASUS Geforce RTX 4090

I only deleted the cache folders and it has not happened again so far. 2h without any crash now.. Did not need to downgrade my gfx drivers..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info