VK : Queue: Submit: ErrorDeviceLost

The game runs butter smooth even in t17 super-ghost juiced maps (ON VULKAN) ...
unplayable on DX12/DX11

vk::Queue:submit: ErrorDeviceLost

but I get this error every 20mins and it's very frustrating, seems to only happen in hideout/loading/town, very stable+smooth in maps still 100x better than Dx11 or 12 for me unfortunately, and I've tried clearing all cache, I've tried old and new graphics drivers... nothing seems to help.

Any suggestions to fix this error? I miss the game <3

vk::Queue:submit: ErrorDeviceLost

So I have dealt with this issue for a while now, it really sucked for me since dx11 is super blurry/not great on my computer. I tried quite literally every solution in this thread with no change. Then I tried one last hail mary which seems to have worked for the moment. I'm not sure if this will help others but running windows system file checker found corrupted/missing files which seems to have fixed my issue. I know this error occurs on other operating systems and can occur for other reasons, but mine seems to have been corrupted/missing system files I would recommend at very least trying this if nothing else has worked for you thus far.

Microsoft has step-by-step instructions for using system file checker. Mac and Linux users should be able to find some equivalent sort of tool or function for repairing system files assuming that is the root of the issue for you.

Edit: I have since encountered a hard crash without the error and then a few crashes from this error. I'm not sure if the hard crash is related or not. They have all been in town instances, and definitely at least seems to be happening less. Mapping and hideout seems to be fine, have not yet attempted trading. I definitely encountered most of those while I was limit testing and changing town instances quickly/going to the rogue harbor. Most of my crashes occured in act 3/4/8/9 so both of the sarn encampments and highgates. While this may not be the perfect solution I hoped it was it still has improved things a bit, will likely keep looking for other potential issues.
Last edited by Spartan1487 on Apr 18, 2024, 3:13:48 AM
"
Spartan1487 wrote:
So I have dealt with this issue for a while now, it really sucked for me since dx11 is super blurry/not great on my computer. I tried quite literally every solution in this thread with no change. Then I tried one last hail mary which seems to have worked for the moment. I'm not sure if this will help others but running windows system file checker found corrupted/missing files which seems to have fixed my issue. I know this error occurs on other operating systems and can occur for other reasons, but mine seems to have been corrupted/missing system files I would recommend at very least trying this if nothing else has worked for you thus far.

Microsoft has step-by-step instructions for using system file checker. Mac and Linux users should be able to find some equivalent sort of tool or function for repairing system files assuming that is the root of the issue for you.

Edit: I have since encountered a hard crash without the error and then a few crashes from this error. I'm not sure if the hard crash is related or not. They have all been in town instances, and definitely at least seems to be happening less. Mapping and hideout seems to be fine, have not yet attempted trading. I definitely encountered most of those while I was limit testing and changing town instances quickly/going to the rogue harbor. Most of my crashes occured in act 3/4/8/9 so both of the sarn encampments and highgates. While this may not be the perfect solution I hoped it was it still has improved things a bit, will likely keep looking for other potential issues.

So after doing a little more digging in event viewer I'm noticing some nvidia errors that seem to coincide quite closely with the crashes. I'm not sure if there are solutions for these errors but will update if I find any.

Update: I have traced this issue to a nvlddmkm error. So I tried the software/firmware solutions for such an error and none of them have helped, thus leaving only a few options 1.) My graphics card is overheating or otherwise failing 2.) My PSU is not giving my gpu enough power 3.) My RAM is bad or the slots on my motherboard are bad. I have checked my ram and encountered the issue with all combinations and configurations I tried, so it is likely not that(Assuming it's not the case that both of my Ram sticks are bad which doesn't seem likely given performance in other titles). My power supply seems to be giving adequate power to all of my components, so it's likely not that. My GPU does tend to run hot even under the best circumstances, and even more so with path of exile. I'm fairly certain now that my graphics card is the culprit and will hopefully be able to build a new PC sooner rather than later. That said checking for disk faults and system files that are missing/corrupted is still likely a good place to look for those with better PCs than me.
Last edited by Spartan1487 on Apr 18, 2024, 3:29:01 PM
"
Spartan1487 wrote:
"
Spartan1487 wrote:

So after doing a little more digging in event viewer I'm noticing some nvidia errors that seem to coincide quite closely with the crashes. I'm not sure if there are solutions for these errors but will update if I find any.

Update: I have traced this issue to a nvlddmkm error. So I tried the software/firmware solutions for such an error and none of them have helped, thus leaving only a few options 1.) My graphics card is overheating or otherwise failing 2.) My PSU is not giving my gpu enough power 3.) My RAM is bad or the slots on my motherboard are bad. I have checked my ram and encountered the issue with all combinations and configurations I tried, so it is likely not that(Assuming it's not the case that both of my Ram sticks are bad which doesn't seem likely given performance in other titles). My power supply seems to be giving adequate power to all of my components, so it's likely not that. My GPU does tend to run hot even under the best circumstances, and even more so with path of exile. I'm fairly certain now that my graphics card is the culprit and will hopefully be able to build a new PC sooner rather than later. That said checking for disk faults and system files that are missing/corrupted is still likely a good place to look for those with better PCs than me.

I can assure you it's a nvidia graphics driver problem, best thing to do is to revert back one update back -> say you have 552.22, then go back to previous version. Sometimes the drivers are unoptimised and they release a patch a few days after, but if you have problems with the game running, then that's the easiest thing to do. (you can get previous version on their webpage)
This is a huge problem which breaks gameplay, especially in party, and is almost only happening with path of crashxile. Others games are fine.

Everyone in Chayula runs i did had crashes and typically this error. Path of exile in DX11 is horrible, Vulkan is so much better (rtx here)

I know there's no solution atm anyway, i'm just feeding google bots. Bump.
Last edited by Universalis on Apr 21, 2024, 12:22:44 PM
Same Issue started happening to me like 1 week ago nd only happens when I fight a harbinger in my map could be a juiced map or a just alchemy orb nd go map could be the 1st harbinger or the 5th its totally random but happens almost every map the error just pops up kills the game nd have to reload it nd go back in whatever hotfix or patch was uploaded broke stuff

Edit: Just had this happen when Someone came to do a trade with me after I assumed I had it fixed by disabling my pets this issue needs to get fixed because if I want to mirror service a item anytime in the future nd the game crashes mid trade or when trading for a mirror it will be a big problem
Last edited by AilassaPOE on Apr 28, 2024, 9:22:20 PM
I've been having this problem since they introduced poe 2 stuff in tota.

I'm 100% convinced it has to do with MTX.
If I'm in my own hideout doing my own thing, I'm fine. The moment the game starts to load in MTX from other players I end up crashing. So hubs and trades become risky af.

For me this solution worked and i'm very happy about:

Temperature is getting until 80º sometimes but generally is 76º but now i play like on water everything so smooth ..amazing and nice feeling!

P.S.: check my pc info on the 1st post from the spoiler.
🅰🅻🅸🅽 ::: ! ♥ PoE ツ 👌 :::
Last edited by 4lin on Apr 29, 2024, 5:07:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info