Challenges in Path of Exile: Sentinel

They are way to hard. I am not a big 40/40 farmer but 36 and now 38 is something I do every league. They are so hard that I am not even motivated to play this league. Why try when you can't reach 38...
They are literally insane. Is it good though? Not sure about that.
It looks like too much ppl are playing the game so GGG wants to reduce it with these challenges. Seriously, 7 challenges from 40 are conditional endgame boss kills, and half of them are heavy endgame content with RNG...

100% delirium, wave30 simulacrum, T4 seeds, HotG boss? WTF...

I will play it but I'm not so sure how long will my enthusiasm last.
Last edited by zsirfoka on May 11, 2022, 2:02:37 PM
3.17 challenge were by far too easy and 3.18 will be insanely hard to do, not to say impossible.

I usually love the challenge and by playing a lot, i always reach beetween 38 and 40.
This time, i know i wont go over 24.

I was not excited by the league mecanic and by the "no buff / no nerf / no new skill".
The only thing good was the option to skip the mecanic i hate, especially legion, breach, delirium, shrine ... and no, i will be forced to play them if i want to do the chall. Where the hell is quality of life here ????

In a single word : FRUSTRATION

Last week i bought a $60 support pack and i already regret it. I wonder why i keep supporting this game.
I will remember this next time.
Last edited by Arkanis_Gath on May 11, 2022, 3:10:52 PM
Hello. I hope someone from GGG reads this. Some quick background. My friend and I play every league, and ONLY to do the challenges. We literally plan our entire build and strategy around getting to a certain challenge number then calling the league done. This has usually been shooting for 36 (best MTX prize) or 37 (for another totem chunk), but often we have to back off to 31 or 34 if some of the challenges are "too RNG". We hit 40 last league for the first time ever and it nearly killed us but was worth it. We usually play for 6-7 weeks each time (due to life limits). I buy every supporter pack including top Core packs to support GGG (not sure if this matters but I am not just "complaining" below).

I am ALL for a new challenge shake-up, and I loved hearing the objectives of (1) making the MTX rewards more enticing, and (2) encouraging people to play longer. The armor sets are very welcome.

However I think this is going to backfire. At least for me and my friend. We looked through the challenges and immediately thought "well, guess we'll not be playing nearly as much anymore". It's kind of depressing actually. I get making some difficult but why the massive grind and long list of RNG "conditional" ones? They lack so much imagination. It's all the same stuff.

Additionally WHY are the totem chunks not equally compressed down? Like, the first chub piece is still at 19? Even though you made 12/24 ==> 6/12 in terms of difficulty? So now our HO will be barely the first chunk or two? I don't get this. Why not scale the totem pieces down too? This is literally the only think I care about in the game. We just want something to display in our HO for all past leagues.

Anyhow, I don't expect you to make any changes given this is something new you are trying, but would really rather have had "uber" challenges above 40 for people that want to go above and beyond. And/or totem pieces made easier. This just looks like ... not fun. I am 100% sure we're barely going to play this league for the first time since beta. Which really bums me out.
I think quite a lot of players will quit sooner this time because of this change.
Even the 12 challenges (eg challenge #9 "complete a flawless breachstone") seem much harder than the 24 in past leagues.
i'm considering if should even try this league. with such insane competition in the genre the future seems dark for our lovely poe. waiting to see the numbers.

yeah again i dont understand GGG. 1st time in so many years they offer finally armor set and makes it impossible? I remember when i got red armor set for playing hc for literally just reaching 80lvl. my char is still not deleted and alive in hc. the only time i played hc in my life. what was so bad back then when was so easy to get those rewards?
Since now we have an option to skip league's mecanics,I just trying to sum-up for my self.

We don't have any challenges for: Heist,Ritual,Abyss?

Blight,Expedition,Legion are onley need for Complete Encounters II

Delve: EncII and EGG.

Did i missed something?
After my best ever challenge league finish, I'm not going to bother this time after seeing that RNG fest. #sadface
"
xVelocityx wrote:
"
philosoaper wrote:
I do not have the time for such a large number of bullshit challenges, and I don't want to play at all if I know from the start that im most likely going to be stuck with pieces of an armor set i can never complete

so fck right off with this bullshit

i mean just get better..

They mentioned nothing about skills, only that they don't have time since they probably have jobs, you know, real life stuff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info