[HELP] Playing on macbook m1 after 3.17.4 patch

"
Joker wrote:
"
NovelsofGod wrote:
Hey, somehow fixed my problem with ticking second box in apps properties(sorry I am Russian). I opened game's root folder thru steam and there I found the app icon, then I opened app's properties(get info or smth) and there were 2 boxes(neither of them were selected in my case). First should be about protection, second is our choice. (it is somehow connected with rosetta 2 and scales down performance dramatically), after that I start poe from apps, and there are no more cpu/latency/shader spikes + 60 fps on ultra(MacBook Pro 2022 M1pro), hope it helps somebody as it helped me(btw if you open properties of POE that is located in applications folder you would not find box that you should be interested in). For better effect you can try updating your rosetta 2 with "softwareupdate --install-rosetta --agree-to-license". Would really appreciate comments about this problem and its solution. Feedback from other m1 device users would really help me with my git.

The Rosetta option doesn't exist for me, and it shouldn't exist for anyone with an Apple chip because the game doesn't yet run natively there, it has to use Rosetta emulation. It says Intel application, not Universal.

I have no idea why that option exists in your case.

It does not directly say that it is rosetta option. It is something to do with scale. "adjust the scale to fit under ..."
That is what google translate gives me when I try to translate this option.
"
NovelsofGod wrote:
"
Joker wrote:
"
NovelsofGod wrote:
Hey, somehow fixed my problem with ticking second box in apps properties(sorry I am Russian). I opened game's root folder thru steam and there I found the app icon, then I opened app's properties(get info or smth) and there were 2 boxes(neither of them were selected in my case). First should be about protection, second is our choice. (it is somehow connected with rosetta 2 and scales down performance dramatically), after that I start poe from apps, and there are no more cpu/latency/shader spikes + 60 fps on ultra(MacBook Pro 2022 M1pro), hope it helps somebody as it helped me(btw if you open properties of POE that is located in applications folder you would not find box that you should be interested in). For better effect you can try updating your rosetta 2 with "softwareupdate --install-rosetta --agree-to-license". Would really appreciate comments about this problem and its solution. Feedback from other m1 device users would really help me with my git.

The Rosetta option doesn't exist for me, and it shouldn't exist for anyone with an Apple chip because the game doesn't yet run natively there, it has to use Rosetta emulation. It says Intel application, not Universal.

I have no idea why that option exists in your case.

It does not directly say that it is rosetta option. It is something to do with scale. "adjust the scale to fit under ..."
That is what google translate gives me when I try to translate this option.

The only option i have there for Path of Exile is "Locked". The only other option I have with any other app is "Open using Rosetta" for Universal apps.

That's why I misunderstood you, sorry.

Apparently, there can be a third option "Open in Low Resolution", which is most likely the one you are talking about. I don't have that option because I'm on a Mac mini with an old 1920x1080 display.

It's not surprising that the option massively increases performance for you, as it sets the game's resolution to something much lower than the native resolution of your MacBook Pro.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info