[HELP] Playing on macbook m1 after 3.17.4 patch

Anyone fixed problems on Macbook?
Still unplayable for me in 50% atlas maps and when i run blight it's just pure comedy - 5s freeze and im dead...
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
"
Moskwa90 wrote:
Hello,

After 3.17.4 patch game for me is unplayable.
I played with high graph settings with no problems at all and from today it's just impossible - a lot of lags, 1-2s frezzes, 1 min loading screens.

I tried to change settings to low but same thing happends.

I play on :
Macbook Air M1 2020
8GB RAM

I will appreciate any help.

Thanks for the report, we're looking into this.

Still same issue on Intel PC (Linux/Wine/Vulkan/D3D11 ...). 6-8 months ago the game worked perfectly without any lag.

There were some improvements since 2/3 weeks but there are still CPU lag spike for 1-5 secs. Game unplayable.

For me, it happens mostly with toxic rain on totem and when there are about 15-20 mobs.

It's not related to OS I think because if you looked into forum, some Windows user has the issue, here Mac user and me Linux user.

CPU usage is stable, so it might be mutexes/concurency bottleneck somewhere ...
I'm facing extremely long loading times on Mac as well. In addition, on many maps, I gradually get what seems like a buffer corruption of some sort.

Here are my system specs:

Here's a video of the renderer bugging.

"

Computer Information:
Manufacturer: Apple
Model: MacBookPro11,2
Form Factor: Laptop
No Touch Input Detected

Processor Information:
CPU Vendor: GenuineIntel
CPU Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4870HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz
CPU Family: 0x6
CPU Model: 0x46
CPU Stepping: 0x1
CPU Type: 0x0
Speed: 2500 Mhz
8 logical processors
4 physical processors
HyperThreading: Supported
FCMOV: Unsupported
SSE2: Supported
SSE3: Supported
SSSE3: Supported
SSE4a: Unsupported
SSE41: Supported
SSE42: Supported
AES: Supported
AVX: Supported
AVX2: Supported
AVX512F: Unsupported
AVX512PF: Unsupported
AVX512ER: Unsupported
AVX512CD: Unsupported
AVX512VNNI: Unsupported
SHA: Unsupported
CMPXCHG16B: Supported
LAHF/SAHF: Supported
PrefetchW: Unsupported

Operating System Version:
MacOS 11.6.4 (64 bit)

Video Card:
Driver: Intel Iris Pro
Driver Version Not Detected
OpenGL Version: 4.1
Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
VendorID: 0x8086
DeviceID: 0xd26
Revision Not Detected
Number of Monitors: 1
Number of Logical Video Cards: 1
Primary Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Desktop Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Primary Display Size: 20.39" x 11.46" (23.39" diag)
51.8cm x 29.1cm (59.4cm diag)
Primary VRAM: 1536 MB

Memory:
RAM: 16384 MB
Last edited by arciinus on Apr 30, 2022, 10:45:59 PM
8 GB RAM M1 Mac Mini here. I've played at the beginning of Scourge and Archnemesis without major problems on lowest settings in 1920 x 1080 without dynamic resolution or culling.

Now most of the time I don't even get 60 FPS when there's basically nothing on the screen and it's already pretty much unplayable on Twilight Strand because the highest frame rate in the area is ∼45 when I hug the wall (∼30 at a waterfall), the sea drops it to ∼25 and the overall lag seems to be even worse than the frame rate would suggest.
Having similar issues even with the lowest possible game settings. The game lags to absolute unplayability :(

These are my specs:

"
Software:

System Software Overview:

System Version: macOS 12.1 (21C52)
Kernel Version: Darwin 21.2.0
Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
Boot Mode: Normal
Computer Name: windowsisbetter’s MacBook Pro
User Name: windowsisbetter (windowsisbetter)
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
System Integrity Protection: Enabled
Time since boot: 45 days 2:16

Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro18,1
Chip: Apple M1 Pro
Total Number of Cores: 10 (8 performance and 2 efficiency)
Memory: 16 GB
System Firmware Version: 7429.61.2
OS Loader Version: 7429.61.2
Serial Number (system): WGR2WKVPX6
Hardware UUID: 743BE62E-85CA-5B60-BA83-2F4EB16926CB
Provisioning UDID: 00006000-0014690E22A1801E
Activation Lock Status: Disabled
Same here on MacBook Air 2020. FPS are at 10 to 50 unplayable for me.
Would really appreciate fix
Any updates on M1 Mac low fps problems?
Hello PoE devs can you make this awesome game playable on us Mac computers?
Any info Please
How can we make this game smooth?
Hey, somehow fixed my problem with ticking second box in apps properties(sorry I am Russian). I opened game's root folder thru steam and there I found the app icon, then I opened app's properties(get info or smth) and there were 2 boxes(neither of them were selected in my case). First should be about protection, second is our choice. (it is somehow connected with rosetta 2 and scales down performance dramatically), after that I start poe from apps, and there are no more cpu/latency/shader spikes + 60 fps on ultra(MacBook Pro 2022 M1pro), hope it helps somebody as it helped me(btw if you open properties of POE that is located in applications folder you would not find box that you should be interested in). For better effect you can try updating your rosetta 2 with "softwareupdate --install-rosetta --agree-to-license". Would really appreciate comments about this problem and its solution. Feedback from other m1 device users would really help me with my git.
"
NovelsofGod wrote:
Hey, somehow fixed my problem with ticking second box in apps properties(sorry I am Russian). I opened game's root folder thru steam and there I found the app icon, then I opened app's properties(get info or smth) and there were 2 boxes(neither of them were selected in my case). First should be about protection, second is our choice. (it is somehow connected with rosetta 2 and scales down performance dramatically), after that I start poe from apps, and there are no more cpu/latency/shader spikes + 60 fps on ultra(MacBook Pro 2022 M1pro), hope it helps somebody as it helped me(btw if you open properties of POE that is located in applications folder you would not find box that you should be interested in). For better effect you can try updating your rosetta 2 with "softwareupdate --install-rosetta --agree-to-license". Would really appreciate comments about this problem and its solution. Feedback from other m1 device users would really help me with my git.

The Rosetta option doesn't exist for me, and it shouldn't exist for anyone with an Apple chip because the game doesn't yet run natively there, it has to use Rosetta emulation. It says Intel application, not Universal.

I have no idea why that option exists in your case.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info