Texture bug

I knew my performance were better last league! I have the exact same problem, texture glitches and low fps, was wondering if it was just me.

Mac Mini M1
8 GB
for mac, mac os, mojave and may be monterey, texture bug seems to be fixe (residual to confirm).
Never experienced textured bug until now. In several places the texture is displayed in a rhombic pattern, making it some kind of checkers.

27" i9.
16 GB ram.
1 TB SSD.
Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB.
Monterey 12.3.1.
Same issues. I hadn't played for several weeks, and then updated to 3.18. Now seeing frequent visual glitches.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020)
3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7
Memory: 72 GB 2133 MHz DDR4
Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5700 8 GB
Same textures problem here, on some maps

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
Processor 3,5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 SO-DIMM memory
Radeon Pro 575 4 GB
500GB Samsung EVO 850 SATA SSD
500GB Samsung EVO 970 SATA PCI-Express Drive

macOS Monterey v.12.2.1

P.S. on previouse league all worked fine, without any issues
This league is disaster - some locations completely unplayable

Do we have a chance to get it solved?
Last edited by Helmsman527 on May 14, 2022, 1:10:28 PM
"
wildekris wrote:
Same issues. I hadn't played for several weeks, and then updated to 3.18. Now seeing frequent visual glitches.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020)
Memory: 72 GB 2133 MHz DDR4
Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5700 8 GB

Same.

Graphic glitches are insane! !
Yes, I maybe have less glitches but it's still there...

I am now in MacOS Monterey 12.3.1
I made the update to see if it changed smth but no, still the same...
Same issues

iMac 2020
24 GB system memory
AMD Radeon Pro 5700 8 GB
Monterey 12.3.1

Seems to happen more in "indoor" areas, and only present since the 3.18 patch. Certain areas are unplayable.

Adding on to the other reports: Running Macbook Pro M1 and am having the same issues. Started maybe one of the last patches of 3.17 (definitely *before* 3.18).

Graphics are glitching seemingly randomly, though it happens more frequently in forest areas or indoor areas.

Also having crashes upon logging in, usually during the loading screen or moments after loading and starting to move around. Sometimes trying again works, other times I need to just wait a few hours, or restart.

While these glitches do not make the game unplayable, they are a little frustrating and can make certain areas far more likely to get you killed as you can't see beyond the glitches until you walk blindly through them. Luckily I don't play hardcore!

Hopefully this is on the bug radar for all of you wonderful devs at GGG. Thanks for all you do, I hope this is one you can address soon.
Hi all!

I had similar issues and I found a solution - at least it's working for me.
I use the steam client, but it might work for the official client too.

I had to remove all texture cache (I don't remember the names anymore, there were 3 of them) from the folder where POE is installed.

- Close the game
- If you are using steam, then you can open the folder by right clicking in your library on Path of Exile then go to the properties -> local files and click on 'Browse'.
- If not, then simply go to the folder of the installation
- Remove every cache folder there (*texture*cache* or *cache*texture*)

Next time you start the game, it will repopulate those folders so you might wait a bit in-game for all textures to appear.

I hope this solves the issue.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info