[3.20] Lightning Trap Saboteur | League Starter | Endgame Bosser | 4+mil dps on a 5link.

"
XyFaramir wrote:
As someone who finds this game really really complicated, i am really enjoying the build right now. I don't have any of the budget gear but i'm trying to get there!

What gems would you recommend for a 5 link tinkerskin?

* As you don't yet have the key items for charge stacking, and thus excess trap throwing speed, these are the supports I would recommend for a 5link.

1) Lightning Trap
2) Charged Traps Support
3) Trap and Mine Damage Support
4) Cluster Traps Support
5) Added Lightning Damage Support

- Once you can get a 6link You should add Lightning Penetration Support as the 6th gem.

- Once you have Slavedriver's Hands, Badge of the Brotherhood, and Void Battery's you should be throwing traps fast enough to swap out cluster traps support for swift assembly without feeling a significant difference, though swift assembly is always more dps than cluster traps.

- Once you get your 9th power charge, you can drop Trap and Mine Damage Support for Power Charge on Critical Strike Support.

Good luck, and hope you enjoy the build!!
Heya! I got back into PoE this week after a very long time and ive been enjoying this build a lot!

Could i please get some pointers as what to do next? Ive been trying to do red maps but im getting oneshot all the time and my dmg is lacking a bit too.

Im currently saving for 6L tinkerskin and a +1 power charge helmet. My skill tree should also be public so if theres something wrong with that please let me know.

Thank you very much for the build guide!
"
Rexikus wrote:
Heya! I got back into PoE this week after a very long time and ive been enjoying this build a lot!

Could i please get some pointers as what to do next? Ive been trying to do red maps but im getting oneshot all the time and my dmg is lacking a bit too.

Im currently saving for 6L tinkerskin and a +1 power charge helmet. My skill tree should also be public so if theres something wrong with that please let me know.

Thank you very much for the build guide!

- Your profile is public, since I could pull you up on PoB

- So im assuming this is the character you are talking about:
https://pastebin.com/neMaLmPf

- I notice a few significant issues, most of which should be easily/cheaply fixable:
Spoiler

1) You arent even res capped, at 60 cold res and 65 fire. You have res on your quicksilver, but that cant be up 100% of the time, so you will definitely be dying because of that. Your boots only have 2 resistance suffixes, as does your belt, and your Havoc Hold Ring. All of these items could have a total of 3 helpful suffixes. I think the ring would be the easiest/cheapest to replace, though replacing the boots/belt could help. Here is a search criteria for a ring that at minimum, should cap your resistances, assuming I did my math right.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Sanctum/bQyDGlLUL

2) You are allocating the Ethereal Feast wheel and mastery. The wheel gives energy shield leech, which is pointless as traps cannot leech, and your brand's wave of conviction isn't going to do anywhere near enough damage to give a meaningful amount of leech. I'd highly recommend unallocating those 4 points.
Spoiler

3) You are not allocating the Charisma Wheel. This wheel should allow you to reserve grace, as well as the skitterbots and wrath that you already have.
Spoiler

4) You don't even have grace in a socket, let alone reserving it. This should MASSIVELY increase your evasion rating, which while it wont prevent every hit, should keep you from dying as much.

5) You are still using cluster traps support, with the gloves and charge stacking. This is one reason you may feel like your damage is lacking. Use swift assembly for more dps, and since you throw more than 4 times a second, it should be fine for mapping too.

6) You seem to be short on points for your level, as far as I can tell. You may have missed some passive points from the acts. If you decided to help one of the bandits rather than kill them all, you can change it by vendoring 20 orbs of regret and an onyx amulet to get the book of reform. To see if you missed any quests that give points, go in game and type the command /passives

7) Your life is lower than it should be at your level. I also noticed you are missing several life nodes in the tree, including the entire hybrid life/es Written in Blood wheel. Obviously allocating some/all of these would help with survivability, bringing your life up to just above 4k, as well as giving you an additional 250 energy shield.
Spoiler

8) On the topic of damage, you are missing The 4th Labyrinth, which would increase your damage by around 17%. Fortunately we no longer need to do all 6 map lab trials, just need to take the offering to the aspirant's plaza. With these changes lab should be pretty easy.

9) You are using a rare jewel for intelligence, which if you allocate the intelligence node on your way to the charisma wheel, as well as blessed orbing your amulet to have at least 22 int/dex, then you shouldn't need extra intelligence anywhere. You'll need fire damage to ignite for the ascendancy anyway so I suggest you just replace the jewel. You would be 4 strength shy of current attribute requirements without the jewel so you can get one with a little strength.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Sanctum/YkBGMDbHY

10) You can allocate the socket right above charisma, and put a damage jewel in there. Here is a search criteria for jewels that would work.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Sanctum/KOnPKjgF5

11) I noticed you took the right side of the Doom cast wheel rather than the left side. The left side is 1 additional point, but its definitely worth the extra point.

12) lvl 21, 20% quality lightning traps are pretty cheap right now. This would be a dps increase.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Sanctum/6Lea2hG

13) After all those other passive tree changes, you can choose to allocate the One With Evil wheel right below the Ghost Dance Keystone for a bunch of chaos resistance, which tends to be harder to get on gear.

14) Its not bad, I just want to make sure you are aware that the boot implicit you have doesn't add any damage to spells like lightning trap. IDK if getting the implicit was intentional.

- There are obviously plenty of other upgrades and stuff to go for beyond this, such as the 6link tinkerskin you mentioned, but understandably your current budget is a big factor. Hopefully I caught all the issues beyond just getting upgrades. Adjusting the things I mentioned results in this PoB:
https://pastebin.com/PKmaJKYW

* It calculates your dps at 2.1mil (assuming 65% shock), not counting 1.6 traps per throw or 35% chance for retrigger (roughly 4.6mil accounting for that) While it certainly could be better, hopefully you feel like its enough, based on your current investment.

Good luck, hope you keep enjoying the build!

Edit: due to the length of the post I put most of it in a spoiler.
Last edited by Ekule731 on Jan 3, 2023, 9:45:22 AM
Hi Ekule, thank you for your answers to everyone. It is good to see a build creator answering questions of his build even few leagues after the creation of it.

I have one more question, as I plan to use this build as a boss farmer. I saw the uber bosses section, and it is difficult to farm them with this build. I am planing to farm mostly Uber Maven and Uber Uber Elder and Shaper, maybe Sirus.

Could you say how many currency would be a good point of investment to start doing this? What percent of spell supression and damage would be correct to do this content without suffering?

Thank you for your answers one more time. See u.
Thanks for the super detailed answer once again! I went through it and fixed all the stuff you mentioned and it worked wonders.

I am currently doing some t16 altars juiced maps with some bossing on the side and im having so much fun.

I have about 10 divines in my stash right now and I am wondering what should be my next upgrade. I am for sure gonna get a stygian so i can put another decent jewel into my tree and replace those boots but im kinda unsure what to buy after that. I was thinking about flesh and flame jewels or maybe some clusters but i dont trust myself to adjust my tree accordingly lol.

Thanks a bunch!
hi!!!! hello

Can u help me with the damage? i dont think i have enough to kill bosses :(

Really fun build still

maybe the helmet ench for clear speed??

the forbidden flesh are at 15 divs right now so thats not an option for now :P

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/tiagoman/characters

https://pastebin.com/5fKWPNes

here is my build.

Ty for the guide and if u can check my build i would really appreciate it
"
Alamirion wrote:
Hi Ekule, thank you for your answers to everyone. It is good to see a build creator answering questions of his build even few leagues after the creation of it.

I have one more question, as I plan to use this build as a boss farmer. I saw the uber bosses section, and it is difficult to farm them with this build. I am planing to farm mostly Uber Maven and Uber Uber Elder and Shaper, maybe Sirus.

Could you say how many currency would be a good point of investment to start doing this? What percent of spell supression and damage would be correct to do this content without suffering?

Thank you for your answers one more time. See u.

- As far as spell suppression goes, this build doesn't scale many forms of defensive layers and as a result, not suppressing a spell hit even with 5k life and 2k es, will usually oneshot. Anything less than 100% will result in usually preventable oneshots.

- I made the build prior to uber bosses being added, so most of my experimentation has been in standard, with replacing any of my items basically not being possible due to the historically niche gearset of the build and very low population of standard players. Saying what budget would be realistically feasible for various uber bosses would require me to play the build again which at the very least, I don't intend to do this league. I can do some tests, like removing support gems or the forbidden jewels to simulate lower budget dps values (I did a 2link maven for example) but a lot of what makes certain items higher budget is having the damage modifiers without sacrificing the defensive aspects of the item (like having life, and resistances). Any claim of a minimum budget for bosses would be based on speculation and assumptions.

- As I mentioned, this build doesn't use many non-standard defensive mechanics, with things like Corrupted Soul from the timeless jewel just adding effective life to make up for using so many uniques. I've certainly been exploring some options, but its all about what is an acceptable amount of dps to sacrifice. As for me, I prefer playing glass cannons, so intentionally was dropping spell suppression.

- As far as things the Character 'must' have for a somewhat average player to have a realistic chance of clearing an uber boss, there are a few things:

* 100% spell suppression (I was doing uber bosses in standard at 60% spell suppression, but I considered 1-3 average oneshots a boss encounter acceptable as I was still clearing the encounters.)
* Around 6.5k+ effective life (Life + Energy Shield)
* Use of Frost Shield during certain boss phases (Notably Shaper's Bullet Hell)
* 6link, all key uniques. Can be 10+ divines depending on league not counting the forbidden jewels which vary significantly on price.
* 10+ power charges. While not technically a requirement, they are the most significant damage bonuses this build has, apart from getting key uniques like the gloves. They also don't have a large opportunity cost in most slots apart from the helmet (which can be difficult to get the +1 charge on with other useful stats) It can be expensive to get to 10 depending on the league. When I made the build guide the forbidden flame/flesh combo was 80c for both. At the time of writing its 13-15 divines for the pair.
* Fully leveled gems, ideally alternate quality or awakened if applicable.

- Regardless of the investment, with this build not being some nearly unkillable build like Righteous Fire, you will need to dodge most attacks. This requires a baseline familiarity with the weaker version of the boss, you need to understand the telegraphing and even the voice lines for many of the bosses. Understanding the differences between the normal and uber versions of the boss is also exceptionally important. As a general rule, the bosses fire at least 3 projectiles when they would otherwise fire 1, and attack 30-50% faster. This is on top of doing more damage on hit and having some additional mechanics the non-uber version of the boss doesn't have.

Edit: Spelling
Last edited by Ekule731 on Jan 5, 2023, 11:33:10 PM
"
Rexikus wrote:
Thanks for the super detailed answer once again! I went through it and fixed all the stuff you mentioned and it worked wonders.

I am currently doing some t16 altars juiced maps with some bossing on the side and im having so much fun.

I have about 10 divines in my stash right now and I am wondering what should be my next upgrade. I am for sure gonna get a stygian so i can put another decent jewel into my tree and replace those boots but im kinda unsure what to buy after that. I was thinking about flesh and flame jewels or maybe some clusters but i dont trust myself to adjust my tree accordingly lol.

Thanks a bunch!

The single largest upgrade you have left is probably the Forbidden flame/flesh. Obviously after that go for better rolled rares. The clusters really arent necessary after the addition of the High voltage a couple leagues back, which makes it harder to justify clusters.
"
tiagoman wrote:
hi!!!! hello

Can u help me with the damage? i dont think i have enough to kill bosses :(

Really fun build still

maybe the helmet ench for clear speed??

the forbidden flesh are at 15 divs right now so thats not an option for now :P

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/tiagoman/characters

https://pastebin.com/5fKWPNes

here is my build.

Ty for the guide and if u can check my build i would really appreciate it

Yes, the helmet enchantment is rather significant for map clear speed due to the pierce. Until you can get the enchantment you should allocate piercing shots. You can use also frost shield for a bit of crit chance if you are going to be standing still for a few seconds before fighting an enemy (like essence monsters, metamophs, or many bosses)

Just to note, Cluster traps with bear traps consumes all stacks of the cooldown to throw that many traps, idk if you knew that.

I'm assuming you are disabling grace to enable zealotry for certain bosses.

I did notice a couple significant things:
Spoiler

1) I noticed that you anointed Overcharged (With a D) rather than Overcharge. Fixing that would give you about 21% More damage.
Spoiler

2) You are missing Whispers of Doom. Currently you can only apply EITHER conductivity or Assassin's Mark. This is more definitely more dps than a medium cluster jewel.
Spoiler

3) You have allocated an unnecessary pathing node, you can reclaim a passive point that way, which should be used to allocate the socket in the cluster jewel you have. You can put a rare jewel there for some damage. Due to int requirements you may need to allocate Coordination. You can take life nodes past the notable from the Revenge of the Hunted Wheel to do this.
Spoiler

4) You don't have a way of igniting an enemy, for the 40% critical strike multiplier against burning enemies. You can buy a jewel that would help with that.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Sanctum/V7EXm9lip

5) The Cast speed rolls on your void batteries are minimum at 10%. If you were to get 20% rolls, you would be able to get an additional 20% cast speed. Id recommend getting wands with at least 17%. You can reclaim some of the cost by selling your current wands. 10% wands certainly function, but when damage is your concern it is somewhat significant.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Sanctum/kLpeqnQC5

6) The REDUCED trap throwing speed roll on your gloves is 29%. This can be as low as 20%. This is a place you can get a little more trap throwing speed, though obviously not a big deal.

7) The attack and cast speed enchantment you have on your boots is contingent upon you killing a monster. Trap kills don't give you kill credit for this purpose, so running some labs to enchant your boots with a modifier that would actually apply to your character would be a dps increase, at a relatively low monetary cost (though will have to run lab a few times)

8) You are missing the life mastery for +50 life, as well as a few small % life nodes. That would help your relatively low life total.

9) Obviously, the forbidden flesh/flame combo is a lot of dps, though I know the cost is significantly prohibitive, at 13div for the pair.

Changing just the amulet anointment, passive tree stuff, and importing a 1c jewel from trade, I get this PoB for you:
https://pastebin.com/eVqsBW4U

* It places you at 10.19mil dps, adjusted to over 22mil accounting for average traps per throw and chance for retriggers. You can definitely get more with the forbidden jewel pair, boot enchantment, better speed rolls on uniques, and more levels for the passive tree and cluster jewels. That should be more than sufficient to kill basically any boss.

Edit: Replaced the PoB link as it wasn't set to Pinnacle Boss DPS
Last edited by Ekule731 on Jan 5, 2023, 11:41:25 PM
Ok so i've hit a wall where outside of jewels what else to socket/upgrade any helpful advice would be appreciated

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info