Massive lag spikes after being AFK for around 30 minutes

Same
Is anyone with Radeon GPU here with such problem?
Or only Nvidia guys are suffering? :)

Let's try to play with every Nvidia Control Panel setting for PoE maybe we will be lucky enough to find something helpful for us or even the dev team.

I switched the Threaded Optimisation to "On" from "Auto" but this doesn't help.
However I accidentally found that swapping a weapons just by pressing "X" on the keyboard instantly fixes any CPU spikes after AFK.

I am playing golem build with an MTX for golems and swapping a weapons causes them to blink or refresh the appearance I dunno how to explain and not sure this means something valuable.
By the way my non-minion build are also suffering from this problem.

Anybody wants to play with Nvidia Control Panel?)
Did you get any fix to this problem? I'm having the same issue while running a Intel 10900k with a 2080Ti
Same.
It was never happening to me before for 5k+ hours.
EVERY time im going afk and coming back it's so LAGGY AS HELL and i need to restart my game EVERY TIME
same thing happening to me lately. I just restart my game every time.
have ryzen 5900
"
Kariasphere wrote:
"
NaxrenApm wrote:
Same issue right now. i7-10700k, GeForce 3070, SSD Samsung Evo 970 and still..
Happens after 10-20 min afk< summon build

Hey how much space do you have free on the SSD?

400GB
IGN: BalancedGameIsSoBalanedLevel
I have the same problem, AMD FX-8350 eight core 4.0 ghz processor and an Nvidia 970 GTX with 4gbs of Vram.

I work from home and play W/E theres downtime which means I can have big windows of idle time. Its always laggy after abt 15 minutes, it appears the game runs smoothly as long as nothing on the screen moves. (Moving the mouspointer makes the game lag or moving the character)

I dont experience any issues while actively playing, no mather if I spend 20 minutes in the same map it runs smoothly. Idling for 15 minutes makes the game unplayable until either changing instance (Enter map from HO or exit map to HO) entering the same instace again works just fine until idle.

The only minions I use is Skitterbots, canceling them and re-enabling them appears to remove the lag without chaning instance.
It has nothing to do with specs.
I had this issue since many many month(maybe years) with many different specs.

Fastest way to fix is just to leave to Charakter Selektion screen and re-enter. It takes 10sec.

It's annoying, but not a big Deal.

Same problem. After staying in HO for 10+ mins CPU ms spikes start to accur. Degrades over time. After idling for many hours fps is jumping from 170 to 15 every few seconds.

The problem start to accuring after I upgraded my 1060 to 6950xt and reinstalled windows. Before, this problem was happanening once or twice in a whole league.

Easily fixed by weapon swap or by joining new area.

GPU: 6950XT
CPU: 5600X

Skitterbots was the reason for me. I tested it with other minions and got same lags. It can be even worse if you summon all types at same time. I guess it's something with pathfinding that takes more and more resources over time.
Last edited by bringout on Aug 10, 2023, 10:27:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info