Interesting....

"
skummmm wrote:
China changes Fight Club film ending so the authorities win...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60138866

That's hilarious
"
What was most interesting was Chuck's reaction: the Chinese ending is actually closer to the book's, so technically America by way of Fincher censored Fight Club first. Not to mention some editors change the print ending of FC to match the movie...and Chuck's deeply anticapitalist writing has long faced censure in the more conservative parts of the US.

So it's understandable he isn't exactly heartbroken over a communist/totalitarian take on his already compromised work. He still gets his royalty cheque -- and I shall leave you with that final irony.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/01/26/chuck-palahniuk-not-mad-china-censoring-fight-club-film-ending/

The story is unfinished. China tell you the spoiler of the story. People can't handle that the bad guy protagonist of the story was arrested, police stop the bombing and put him in a mental hospital in a single sentence. People strongly oppose this non-melodramatic ending.

There is no ending at the end of the movie but China reveal the ending that People do not really even know. Justice wins is such a terrible story.
Authoritarianism, hooray!
Украина в моём сердце
"
kaijyuu2 wrote:

People are fine with butchering the story for Capitalism and Freedom too. Many movies/TV series based off of books are change so much from the original story. This reaction is silly.
"
awesome999 wrote:
"
kaijyuu2 wrote:

People are fine with butchering the story for Capitalism and Freedom too. Many movies/TV series based off of books are change so much from the original story. This reaction is silly.

china are also governed by a form of capitalism. its an authoritarian form of capitalism called state capitalism tho.

i think theres a difference changing something to make more money which is sort of a practical system decision vs changing something for basically the idea of some kind of thought crime, thats way more creepy i think.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Feb 1, 2022, 6:31:59 AM
Hi there,

As this thread has veered into inflammatory subject matter, per our Code of Conduct, I have gone ahead and locked the thread.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info