Game Balance in Siege of the Atlas

"
Xernobog wrote:
Problem: Play as we want you to play

Solution: Let us have fun

Problem: Tree has few viable growth options

Solution: Quit forcing us to take nodes we don't want to take to get what we want, make a tree that makes sense. IE, if you want CI set stat req to 300 to take keystone.

Problem: End game content underwhelming bore

Solution: FUN

Problem: Crafting fun/essential items takes forever

Solution: Speed it up, I want to double corrupt/vaal everything

Problem: Mastery's are acquired and not Earned

Solution: Give us the mastery's, we already don't get to experience much of the tree. Let us have FUN

Problem: NO FUN is allowed

Solution: Let us have FUN

Problem: people whining no matter what GGG does

Solution: i want to pick any 50 nodes at level 15, allow high end drops in the beach, +300% to currency drop rate, being able to faceroll sirus and maven with just arcane surge aaand 1 click mirror tier crafting.

FUN ain't no solution, its the result of the product.

Please provide us with useful arguments, instead asking for fun. Whats fun for you?
Diablo 2 > Diablo 1 > Diablo 4 > Diablo > Torchlight > Titan Quest > Grim Dawn > Diablo Immortal > Path of Exile 2 > Path of Exile.
Last edited by Riverwind77 on Jan 26, 2022, 3:30:45 PM
"
Riverwind77 wrote:
"
Xernobog wrote:
Problem: Play as we want you to play

Solution: Let us have fun

Problem: Tree has few viable growth options

Solution: Quit forcing us to take nodes we don't want to take to get what we want, make a tree that makes sense. IE, if you want CI set stat req to 300 to take keystone.

Problem: End game content underwhelming bore

Solution: FUN

Problem: Crafting fun/essential items takes forever

Solution: Speed it up, I want to double corrupt/vaal everything

Problem: Mastery's are acquired and not Earned

Solution: Give us the mastery's, we already don't get to experience much of the tree. Let us have FUN

Problem: NO FUN is allowed

Solution: Let us have FUN

Problem: people whining no matter what GGG does

Solution: i want to pick any 50 nodes at level 15, allow high end drops in the beach, +300% to currency drop rate, being able to faceroll sirus and maven with just arcane surge aaand 1 click mirror tier crafting.

FUN ain't no solution, its the result of the product.

Please provide us with useful arguments, instead asking for fun. Whats fun for you?

Well I will not say everyone but a lot of people will be happy if they stayed at THEIR VISION prior 3.0 or whatever. More like 2.0 I can't remember rn. Back then most patches and or balances served a purpose and improved the base game and was fun without the effect mess twitch gameplay we have rn.

So by changing their "vision" back and foward and buffing/nerfing things over and over without any kind of reason as they always come back to the prior state they pissed off a lot of people. People get pissed off as they can't enjoy the game it was (diferent than d2 for exemple as u can always go back and enjoy) and it didnt improved overtime aside from some qol and technical improvements but changed to a completely diferent game.

Remove 99% of the useless content bloat they have added these last couple of years and most problems with balance will get solved.
Last edited by IHellBoundI on Jan 26, 2022, 3:44:51 PM
Problem:
Voidfletcher outclasses rare quivers for many builds.

Solution:
Review the damage of Voidfletcher arrows...

Or, try expanding your peripheral view for once and consider reworking the 99% of other quivers instead of butchering one whilst leaving the rest untouched like a steaming pile of doggy doodoo
Scorching Ray and most channeled spells still suck, but okay.
Hype!
As usual for the latest game balance manifestos, I'm more interested in what hasn't been said.

Anyway. Wish all the luck for whomever is playing the next league - over the last couple years GGG's "performance improvements" have made the game completely unplayable for me.
Is there any mod that reverts game to for example 2.0 or 3.0 or any other patch you like the most and allow to play offline?
I would love play single player mod like d2 or with friend without worrying about constant nerfs and changes that forcing me to start all over from scratch...

Good luck!
"
typhn wrote:
Is there any mod that reverts game to for example 2.0 or 3.0 or any other patch you like the most and allow to play offline?
I would love play single player mod like d2 or with friend without worrying about constant nerfs and changes that forcing me to start all over from scratch...

+1

An offline mode of harvest state of the game will be the best + synthesis (my opinion). This state of the game could be sold as a separate game poe 3 :).
"
ebrl wrote:
As usual for the latest game balance manifestos, I'm more interested in what hasn't been said.

Anyway. Wish all the luck for whomever is playing the next league - over the last couple years GGG's "performance improvements" have made the game completely unplayable for me.

... hasn't been said - yea im still afraid af they nerf suppression and grace/determination into... less hilarious performance^^

also:
keeping in mind that i entirely dont know your system specs - the overwhelmingly vast majority of problems with PoE can be improved/fixed with 5 strategies (so you might want to exclude those if you actually want to continue playing)

1) dont use a HDD, use an SSD to install PoE on (nobrainer)
2) dont use wifi, use cable connection (nobrainer)
3) keep CPU/GPU drivers updated (nobrainer)
4) switch between DirectX and Vulkan, performance is very system specs dependent (not-so nobrainer)
5) if all those fail, hardware upgrades might be necessary (GPU not so much as CPU, PoE is extremely/unusually CPU-reliant, definitely a brainer)
Last edited by Liokar on Jan 27, 2022, 8:26:37 AM
"
Problem:
Toxic Rain has very strong damage over time and a low build cost compared to other bow builds. It also benefits from some of the quiver and Mastery changes made to improve hit-based bow skills.

Solution:
Reduce the high-level damage of Toxic Rain in order to partially negate the improvements to quivers and bring it more in line with other skills.

I wonder which dev watched Darkee spend 90 minutes clearing Simulacrum 30 and thought "Yep, Toxic Rain does too much DPS at the top end".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info