Prepare for the flood of GPUs

i didn see any flood of gpu...
cry...
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
i didn see any flood of gpu...
cry...

yeah but dis will certainly do the trick.

oh wait .......!?
"
Sensible. If you buy new, then you also have warranty if something goes south.

As for GPUs used for mining, it's a common misunderstanding that these GPUs won't perform or have "Worn out". It's not a mechanical device (not talking about cooling atm), but electronics. Worst case scenario, some capacitors have failed. Most likely a premature death for a GPU is a short circuit due to poor management.

Any serious miner wants their equipment to last, so they'll undervolt/downclock the chip. If it operates in a relatively dust-free eviroment it'll be totally fine.

Dunno how serious that "serious miner" should be, but in my country its more like "burn the shit while you can, then dump it to the flea market and forget".

Capacitors are hardly the case these days, assuming they aren't the usual generic chinese ones, i've encountered way more dead/dying power mosfets and soldering degradation under gpu/ram; while the first case can usually be fixed, the second one will almost always lead to subsequent failures even if you bother to fully reflow the chip in question.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
Still waiting for prices to come down.

I'm looking for 1-2 generation old cards since the prices are still insane even for second hand items.

In my case either GTX 1070 or RTX 2060 since they are about the same performance in 1080p.

GTX 1070 = around 380$
RTX 2060 = 440$

Currently running a GTX 1050TI which would be 180$.

"
crunkatog wrote:
Have had experiences with used GPUs in the past, with everything from sketchy capacitors, to failing fans, they're not technically a "moving part" but they have components that a) have moving parts or b) have a finite shelf life.

Mining is probably not the worst but because the sheer volume of cards on the market spending some of their life cycle in mining arrays, that's what you'll see.

Ages ago i bought a used graphics card and the guy literally put the card in a soft bag, not a box as usual. So it was no surprise the GPU fan was loose and 2 capacitors fell off.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Feb 14, 2022, 1:50:57 PM
I sold my old GTX 1080ti on Craig's list locally for $600. I sold it in 2 days, got 8 calls about it, and I told people that's the price, no negotiation, take it or leave it.

There's scams running around on Craig's list with people passing off fake certified checks, so cash only. I did find it odd that so many people wanted to pay with certified checks for only a $600 purchase, so I looked into it, and my instincts were correct.

I had them meet me in the food court at the mall to hand cash over for the GPU. Don't be a sucker, trust nobody.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Feb 14, 2022, 1:54:02 PM
Got a Sapphire Nitro 6600 XT 8gb and another on the way.

Actually opened the box and looked inside and there was an actual GPU inside, and it was the one listed on the tin. Surprise! (Believe it or not some vendors are pulling some wild swappo shenanigans putting anything from an old GTX 9xx to a brick of cheddar in the box and shipping it out.)

[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Last edited by elesham4ever on Feb 25, 2022, 4:00:39 PM
Wait what? They're invading Singapore?
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
crunkatog wrote:
Wait what? They're invading Singapore?

TSMC stands for Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company.
inb4 all that speculations on "next to be invaded" fall into "politics" category, which is kinda frowned upon in this forum.

Oh, and even assuming that somehow i won't be able to get ANY computer parts in the next couple years (which is hardly true), i have enough old hardware collecting dust to build a couple PCs and enough good old games to play for decades.

So fuck scalpers with a cactus, absolutely not buying anything from them.

"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
Last edited by dW2005 on Feb 25, 2022, 4:58:15 AM
I bought my MSI 3060Ti GamingZ edition in the end of July last year.

Bought it for 520$ ,but i was refreshing the vendor items each second.

Got lucky.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info