Prepare for the flood of GPUs

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
Why? What happened?

At a guess, same thing that happened in china last year, new laws getting passed that fuck over mining, at which point the people hoarding the cards get rid of them at around the same time flooding the market.

Russia is also looking at banning crypto mining, and they're the 3rd largest mining nation after USA and Kazakhstan.

And all of this going on in Kazakhstan: https://www.wired.com/story/kazakhstan-cryptocurrency-mining-unrest-energy/
Last edited by LennyLen on Jan 26, 2022, 1:26:46 AM
It's about time although for many poor people around the world, crypto mining promised to be a ticket out of poverty with an incremental startup cost.

Whether it actually was/is or not, depends on whom you ask, but precipitating an energy crisis over a global economic and health crisis is a bad idea, especially if your citizens are more connected than your government agencies.

I don't expect a flood, mining will move around to places with less laws until either everyone's on board with limiting mining, or something tanks cryptos and make it less appealing or has miners fire saling their farm rigs.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
Why? What happened?

At a guess, same thing that happened in china last year, new laws getting passed that fuck over mining, at which point the people hoarding the cards get rid of them at around the same time flooding the market.

source? who gonna ban mining?
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
source? who gonna ban mining?

The Russian central bank has proposed the idea of banning crypto mining: Source
"
DoubleU wrote:
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
Good stuff! What did you get?

RTX 3060
Good one!
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
It will start with a trickle (already happening), then there will be a massive dump. I can't remember when the last one happened (2017-18?) Anyway, it will be a lot like that, except there will be several times the amount of cards up for cheap.
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
crunkatog wrote:
It's about time although for many poor people around the world, crypto mining promised to be a ticket out of poverty with an incremental startup cost.

It take money to make money. You only profit if the price of crypto exceeds the cost to mine them. The more people mining for it, the harder it is to mine. Computing power matter. The most profitable are those professional mining centers with enormous computing power.

A few of these showing up now
Idk man searched through ebay and rx 480 or GTX 1060 second hand are the same price as i last time checked 4 years ago. Around 220-250$.

Best bang for the buck in my case would be either an RTX 2060 or RX 3060, if they come down to around 300$ i may snipe it.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Jan 29, 2022, 4:42:13 PM
250$ for a 1060?

Damn, I should really sell that GTX 1070 I have laying around for a year now, lol.
Never really bothered to look at used GPUs, since I thought there's a flood of those old cards anyway after the 30 series launch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info