[3.17] 👑PoE on Steroids: ✨Flicker Strike✨ CoC Ice Nova / Spear ❄️ - S-Tier T16s, Sirus, map/boss ✔️

"
primaeva wrote:
"
domo1603 wrote:
can you help me to have a look of my build? the dps cant kill the boss
https://pastebin.com/hJe94VL3

Hey hey, you're almost there!

The next big DPS boosts are:

1) Arcane Surge - Drop Ice Bite so that you can fit Arcane Surge on your Vortex. The 12% more damage + mana regen is pretty huge for the build.

1a) Actually scratch that - you don't have to drop that right now because - since you don't have Whispers of Doom yet (3 more points for a 20% damage boost) you don't need Mark on Hit - Assassin's Mark since you can only apply one curse at a time. Once you hit 3 more levels however (or get stronger ES gear so you can drop some ES nodes and spec Whispers of Doom) - you need the 20% power spike on bosses.

2) Are you always casting Vortex? I shoulda been more clear - this needs to be held down ALL THE TIME (same time as Flicker Strike). It is enabling to your Cospri's as well as other Chilled bonuses and makes sure your Arcane Surge is going all the time.

Let me know about the Vortex bit especially, I think I need to make it more obvious in the guide.

How will work the interaction with Flicker and Vortex, Just hold the two buttons and it will proc bonechill anyways?
"
iUndeadWalker wrote:
"
primaeva wrote:
"
domo1603 wrote:

1) Arcane Surge - Drop Ice Bite so that you can fit Arcane Surge on your Vortex. The 12% more damage + mana regen is pretty huge for the build.

1a) Actually scratch that - you don't have to drop that right now because - since you don't have Whispers of Doom yet (3 more points for a 20% damage boost) you don't need Mark on Hit - Assassin's Mark since you can only apply one curse at a time. Once you hit 3 more levels however (or get stronger ES gear so you can drop some ES nodes and spec Whispers of Doom) - you need the 20% power spike on bosses.

2) Are you always casting Vortex? I shoulda been more clear - this needs to be held down ALL THE TIME (same time as Flicker Strike). It is enabling to your Cospri's as well as other Chilled bonuses and makes sure your Arcane Surge is going all the time.

Let me know about the Vortex bit especially, I think I need to make it more obvious in the guide.

How will work the interaction with Flicker and Vortex, Just hold the two buttons and it will proc bonechill anyways?

Yes. hold 2 buttons all the time. personally i put flicker and vortex on Q and W and this was a huge physical relief on my hand, despite the muscle memory of right click=main skill.

I made vaal molt shell my new right click instead.
"
Khesahn20 wrote:
Hello,
This build is a lot of fun! I love to flicker and its been the best flickering experience Ive had. Up to 94 currently and just having a good time.

I was hoping someone could point me at what I should be focusing for next upgrades. Thanks in advance!

Heres my POB:
https://pastebin.com/18KaAWFU

Hey Kesh,

I noticed some issues you got going on are very similar to issues experienced by other posters in this thread. You'd probably benefit from going back and giving a thorough read.

I'll name some stuff here anyways..

-) First and foremost your ES is clocking in a bit low. When i had 5.6K es as you now do i had many more issues with survivability.

You have a few paths to address that: more ES on your boots, more flat es and INT (often underated for how much ES you can get from INT) on your rings, and getting that last level for another jewel with es.

-) When it comes to flasks it looks like you arent getting the cold pen from wise oak that you'd want, but fire pen instead

-) I think you really want "of Draining" (ES leech) on one of your flasks

-) You can get 10 more dex/int from your tree. look back at older posts here.

-) def need to divine your watchers eye to get more ES on hit

-) Investigate whether you can drop conq efficiency since you have 2 elreon ring rolls

+) I actually really like your glove implicits, replacing unerve with basically blast-freeze. I may have to try that.

-) Looks like you are running the wrong mark. Should be assassins mark.

-) You run vaal ice nova. you want anomalous ice nova instead for sure.

-) it looks like you've neglected your chaos res. probably gonna hurt to step in poison as is.

Taken all together i would bet you're feeling squishier than you'd like. Fear not, its fixable =p

Good luck!
Last edited by BruteNewb on Mar 16, 2022, 1:20:26 AM
"
primaeva wrote:
"
domo1603 wrote:

i just put my vortex on my left click, is it ok?
Haha thanks Brute!

"
domo1603 wrote:

i just put my vortex on my left click, is it ok?

Yep! As long as you take your finger off Flicker once in a while (on rares/bosses especially) to "walk" because I don't believe left Click will cast if you just hold down Flicker.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
finally, i do this build and i die every map. I'm buying your gear and it is not 20ex, i spend 50ex...
Idk where my problem. i have ~1kk dps... (at the same gear to you)
"
kakadu5252 wrote:
finally, i do this build and i die every map. I'm buying your gear and it is not 20ex, i spend 50ex...

mb someone help me with my build
https://pastebin.com/srU8R6ET
Last edited by kakadu5252 on Mar 16, 2022, 12:13:44 PM
"
kakadu5252 wrote:
"
kakadu5252 wrote:

mb someone help me with my build
https://pastebin.com/srU8R6ET

Oh hey dude, I think you may be mixing some stuff up.

Either choose Ice Spear or Ice Nova, right now you are using Ice Nova in your 6L, but your Clusters and Mark on Hit is set up for Ice Spear.

Tell you what, stick to Ice Spear and:

1) Replace Ice Nova with Ice Spear in your chest (take it from your Cospri's, then put a normal no quality Ice Spear in the Cospri's).

2) Take out Increased Critical Strikes and put in REGULAR Greater Multiple Projectiles. We don't use Anomalous because it may put you at 0 mana cost which would deactivate Inspiration. (Unless you know how to tweak Divergent Inspiration levels/quality)

3) Make sure Aspect of the Spider is DE-activated, you need at least 150 unreserved mana.

4) Get Britttle Boots and apply Brittle to bosses/uniques by stopping Flicker for a split second and walking near the \target.

5) That should carry MUCH harder, although with HH worn you should just wear a Presence of Chayula instead since Soul Eater makes you ludicrously fast and removes the need for Ashes, really, and you lose massive ES from the belt slot, so you need to make it up elsewhere.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
https://pastebin.com/icvXF5rJ

Alright gentlemen, I've reached a point where I've made my take on the build as good as its gonna be before I just go get that HH so I wanted to post an addendum to my earlier thoughts about the build.

I welcome any feedback/criticism from anyone about the things I've done so lay it on me.

As per usual I have a lot to say because I've been thinking about this build to the point of obsession. I also am just trying to showcase what I've done to help drive more people to think about pushing it even further.

---

Firstly I've now gone about 100ex deep into the build. Lost track of exactly how much but its in that ballpark. Less if you dont count the cost of gear that I was able to resell. maybe 80-90 ex deep if thats how you wanna calc it.

---

The biggest change I was able to make since my last post was that I got my ES up from 5.4k to 6.7k (and then recently back down to 6.5k, more on that later)

This did indeed help a great deal. In combination with the other changes I made to further buff defenses I no longer feel like a glass cannon and can comfortably farm T16 content with far fewer (but not zero) deaths. I'm not sure we will ever reach a point with the build that I would particularly describe as 'tanky', but its possible I just now have a warped view of what tankiness means in POE resulting from my time playing skeleMages. I would certainly say my iteration is in the realm of 'reasonably defensive' though.

---

The biggest departure from Prim's guide that I took on was altering the cluster notables I went for. I'll explain what I was thinking.

First of all I wanted to fit Vitality into the build to help with the degens and dots which at the time was the biggest problem I had. To do so required me to drop another gem so, as prim suggested, I decided to drop the arcane surge gem and replace it with 'Arcane Heroism' notable on:

Conveniently you can get 'Thaumophage' on the same jewel which I just think is rather good for us anyways. Getting 'Burden Projection' (which I do not take on the tree) puts the notables I do want in the right spot, but there are many jewels on the market that will have them in the wrong spot so always check in PoB before you spend the cash if you wanna do this.

I did lose 10% cold pen from dropping 'Blanketed Snow' so I tried to get a little back by using imbued catalysts (which are cheap) on my ring that applies frostbite.

The kicker is that this large cluster jewel ran me 3ex where as the one suggested in Prim's guide ran me closer to 5-6. Who knows if that'll be true in the future but it was nice for me =p

I spent considerably more (10ex) on replacing one of the medium cluster jewels with:

Which I think is just kind of a bonkers item that not everyone will be able to get unfortunately.

Perhaps the most important notable on there I would say is 'Bloodscent' because at full rage (which happens more than you might think) it gives 25% attack speed. Attack speed is hella good for this build and I get it a few other places I'll mention while looking at gear. Full rage feels kinda like having half of an acceleration shrine. which is dope.

My second favorite notable on there, and the main reason it was so damned expensive, is 'Unspeakable Gifts'. This one adds a whole new level of satisfaction to the build for me, being a 'Profane Bloom' fan. Did it add 10ex worth of combat effectiveness? No probably not, it competes for kills with herald of ice which already does a very good job. It does help a bit with clear speed though. Did it add 10ex worth of fun to the build? For me yes, definitely. I absolutely love hearing the shriek of chaos splosions.

'Magnifier' is one of the notables on the original medium jewel this one replaced and is still a good choice although I think of this as kind of the flex spot. I could live without it if I had to. But I'm glad not to have to.

My other medium jewel stayed the same.

---

The other thing I needed to do in order to fit Vitality was to get my mana right. Being as passive point starved as we are I still managed to squeeze some levels and get 2 masteries: 100% precision res eff, and 100% vitality res eff. To me this seemed like a better choice than going for the 'Sovereignty' wheel on the left of the tree.

Unfortunately it does eat up my one and only accuracy mastery so I lost some accuracy compared to Prim. It still feels ok to me, but if there were a way for me not to have to take precision res eff mastery I think it would be a help to have just a bit more accuracy. Probably the way to do it is to get an accuracy roll on a ring.

---

And boom! I now run 8 auras and have taken my experience from dying frequently to dying occasionally (but not rarely). I dont mind dying occasionally, especially once ive reached my target level. It's poe, its softcore, its whatever, I have 6 portals. Zoom life is best life.

Lets talk gear

---

I think +1 power charge is probably the most important corruption you can get on any of this gear. Iirc Prim even has that in the actual guide. Theoretically I think its possible to get a good enchant on the helm then corrupt it and hit +1 power charge, but unless you love lab running or paying lab runners that's gonna be a painful thing to accomplish.

Remember also that you can find corrupted gear with crap sockets and fix the socket amount/color/links on your bench.

For me the most surprising thing was that the chance to gain a frenzy charge works perfectly fine even with a crappy roll so don't worry about getting 30%. Literally anything will do.

---

I got some attack speed on this. I like attack speed. It's the source of the fun.

---

I got +2 levels for socketed aoe gems. All auras have aoe tag so this is great here. I believe that one could look into getting +2 levels for socketed duration gems and look at using the vaal versions of the auras, but seemed kinda painful to think about to me.

---

nothing new. I want to upgrade this with a good corruption but its going to be expensive enough to do so that I'm putting it off until after I farm up a HH

---

So I dont know that I had these eldritch implicits when I posted last time. They are great. So great that I cant really make myself give one up in order to get the imlicit that spreads freezes within a radius the way 'Blast Freeze' does. But maybe I should. What do you guys think?

Also I looked at these enchants for a long time. Ire was my eventual pick because if nothing else it hits the most frequently and we like hitting a lot. Its not as good as ball lightning at generating hits by any means, but all the glove enchants kinda suck tbh so it doesnt need to be great to win out.

I also was unable to find any info on whether Ire can apply shock. If it can its the clear winner for us.

If it cant then it may be reasonable to go for 'Spite' which shoots out some projectiles that leave chilling ground. Chilling enemies is amazing for us but the frostbolt-vortex combo already does such a great job at it that spite probably doesnt add much value.

---

So for these implicits Prim says brittle ground is the best. I think hes probably right but its such a hard thing to test really. So much stuff happens so fast how could I ever know for sure what contribution brittle made?

For the 5% cooldown implicit I'm not married to it. Having not run the math idk if it even helps me to be honest. I just havent looked to decide if i want something else more.

For the enchant I farmed more labs than I wanted to in order to get attack speed. I actually had '10% penetration if you havent killed recently', which is harder to roll, on it at one point. And thats probably BiS for bossing. But clearspeed is what I love on this build and thats what I opted for.

Actually the boot enchant was one of the very last things that I got and I found that somehow the extra speed was causing me to have mana issues again despite 2 elreon rings so I had to slot back in rep conq eff and i lost about 200 ES from the jewel that was there before. Sad. Worth it overall though. Things dying faster is a better defensive layer than 200 ES.

Maybe one day I can get nutty and try getting some tailwinds here.

---

Standard. Default implicit is too good to go for a corruption.

---

Mana on kill is cute but I dont think its too powerful. Ele dmg with attacks I wasnt particularly shopping for but I have a theory that it actually does help with mana sustain because experientially it feels like about 70% of our mana comes from attack leech from "Clever Theif" while 30% or so comes from mana regen. So if we boost attack damage shouldnt that boost mana leech? Seems logical but I cant prove it.

But that reminds me of another point I wanted to make about arcane surge which is that I bet the extra mana from surge doesnt really matter for us in the end. Id rather have it than not, but the surge damage is what matters more.

---

Standard. Stats n stuff

---

Phew. Too much gear talk. Back to the tree.

One of the other defensive things I did was to take Zealot's Oath on the tree and run

Which I think many people consider to be an item thats too expensive to achieve but for context in scourge league I think it was triple or quadruple the price that it is now and people still loved it. Just great for us.

While we are looking at pots I dropped my granite flask to run dying sun to get back some aoe that i lost on my large cluster jewel swap. Feels good but not mandatory.

Actually Ive been wondering if lion's roar might be a better pick because it has armour and there could be some real mechanical defensive layers in making enemies flee and knocking them back. We are so fast that pretty much any time we close the gap to enemies they die. Dont want enemies closing the gap to us because thats where danger comes from. I'll probably test this tomorrow

Edit: After some testing I cant recommend Lion's Roar. Enemies either die near instantly and therefor arent knocked back, or they live long enough that we need to hit them multiple times. Things that dont die instantly are knocked back (some pinnacle bosses are immune to knockback i believe) but the issue is that they arent knocked back far enough in one hit to push them out of melee range, and we close the gap every hit. Also unlike stun, their actions are not interrupted by knockback so they keep punching while we both jiggle around slightly in tandem. oh well.

---

There are also some masteries on the tree that I dont have that I would maybe like to

) 'Defend with 120% armour while not on low ES'. I think prim has even called this one out as a sleeper mastery to take.

) Maybe we would want to take something from leech mastery. I have 2 sources of ES leech (flask and Thaumophage) so is it possible im leech capped? idk

) '50% increased effect of non-damaging ailments from crits'. To my understanding this would give us longer freezes and chills and require less damage dealt to initiate a freeze or chill. But what I dont know and what i find intriguing is whether this would boost the damage enemies take due to running bonechill and this buffing our chill effect. Will this work?

---

Mechanically I have become much more used to using Vaal Molten shell and I'm a convert now. It has helped.

What's not clear to me is if I'm supposed to have regular molten shell on my left click for 'auto' casting or not. I have been doing that but the downside is that if you have VMS up and take a step it would replace VMS with the weaker MS. So as a stop gap if I know I have VMS up i try to only use flame dash to move around and pick up another flicker chain. It works, if a little clunky.

---

I switched from Lunaris back to Arakaali. Feels the same tbh

---

In my last post I called out a bunch of map mods I felt sensitive to but now unless im doing some really hard content the mods dont matter to me hardly at all anymore and I only watch out for Ele reflect.

I was surprised to find that even high levels of spell suppression and enemies stealing my charges stopped mattering.

---

Tonight I decided to test my build against some bosses while still using flicker. For the record that is NOT what the guide says to do! Use cyclone/ice spear variant instead of you're going to farm big bosses! But I just wanted to see where the ceiling was.

Elderslayers, Shaper and elder guards all down. I died some but whatever. Baran was the worst as usual.

Sirus killed me a few times with die beams but I got him down.

Shaper and elder both were actually really smooth and easy.

Atziri, sigh, technically i downed her, but you are gonna ele reflect yourself to death and theres just no getting around it. Nobody farms her anyways so whatever. Didnt try uber atziri.

Uber Elder was my ceiling for this configuration. Did not down it. Just too much stuff that can eat my es, to few things to leech off of, too few safe places to stand and too little control over where I flickering to. Spent a lot of time targeting the currently immune boss sadly. Its not so much that the build isnt up to that content but that flicker in an inherently bad choice for that situation. Need more precision of movement than it can give. oh well.

Didnt try maven or EoW or SE.

Honestly speed clearing is what this variant is better at than most builds in POE so speed clearing is what I'll stick to.

---

It's very late.

Thanks for coming to my TedTalk

Last edited by BruteNewb on Mar 17, 2022, 12:58:04 PM
Continuing the TedTalk of BruteNewb,

The freeze proliferation seems to mapping safer bit we also loose a sizeable chunk of dps according to pob. Considering to switch back to unnerve on hit.

Want to try this setup with Megalomaniac and Bloodscent but need to farm up a bit. Though it will be costly + we loose 1 jewel socket

Like the idea with Vitality - running Tempest shield in second Unset Ring with Sovereignity on atlas tree - will try later, when get more lvls and replace Large cluster with 8 points instead of 9.

Also another big defensive layer is the Curse mastery with blind.

For BruteNewb and all left-click-molten-shell gang, keeping MS on left click will not cancel VMS if MS is on cooldown. I do that, clunky but ok.

https://pastebin.com/tR7gXe06
Last edited by Herzschild on Mar 17, 2022, 10:20:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info