Multistrike

"
Mizzajl wrote:
"
The Multistrike support gem's damage penalty is now "Less Attack Damage" rather than "Less Melee Damage". This affects Lightning Strike's projectiles which were not intended to have no penalty with this support gem.

My gem just says "Less Damage" instead of the intended "Less Attack Damage"

how will this affect the explosion of infernal blow, or the minions of dominating blow?

if i dominate a melee mob it will probably work as intended, but if i dominate a ranged or caster mob will it have decresed damage without having the benefit of multistrike?

Can someone answer this? Does the 36% Less Damage apply to infernal blow's explosion? That sucks if it does because no other support gem can counter this damage reduction other than fire penetration. Considering multistrike's damage reduction balances the attack speed, it doesn't make sense to reduce a kill effect.

Spoiler
Assuming Infernal Blow's 125% damage effectiveness applies and multistrike's 36% less damage:
20% * (1.25 * 0.64) = 16% HP explosion vs 25%

A mob above the fire resist cap with fire penetration (0.6 effectiveness = 75%-35% resistance).
20% * (1.25 * .64 * .6) = 9.6% HP if Multistrike's 36% less damage applies.
Last edited by Ai0s on Jun 19, 2013, 6:54:22 AM
"
Ai0s wrote:

Can someone answer this? Does the 36% Less Damage apply to infernal blow's explosion? That sucks if it does because no other support gem can counter this damage reduction other than fire penetration. Considering multistrike's damage reduction balances the attack speed, it doesn't make sense to reduce a kill effect.

I don't have a proper mathematical proof of this but I've tested MS+IB+Splash before (I was comparing the damage to MS+HS+Splash) and the explosions seemed to do the correct amount of damage on a bunch of identical mobs close together (I made the last hit using the default attack to avoid Splash).

I had nothing that could improve the explosion damage at all (no fire, elemental or aoe) so if the damage reduction were in place the initial 20% max HP damage would have been reduced to 12.8% and all mobs had Fire Resist (monkeys).

Based on what I've seen on their health bars the reduction isn't applied, else the explosion damage should have been negligible.

It was still around 10%+, but that's expected on Fire Res mobs cause I also tested Increased Physical Damage and Added Fire Damage there and they really have quite a bit of resistance.

Anyway, they really need to fix the desync.

Last edited by Darkwings83 on Jun 19, 2013, 10:58:27 AM
hey has anyone have tried to use lightning warp very far away and then use MS+Cyclone in the opossite direction?
i'm wondering if this will crash really bad...
"
Ai0s wrote:
"
Mizzajl wrote:
"
The Multistrike support gem's damage penalty is now "Less Attack Damage" rather than "Less Melee Damage". This affects Lightning Strike's projectiles which were not intended to have no penalty with this support gem.

My gem just says "Less Damage" instead of the intended "Less Attack Damage"

how will this affect the explosion of infernal blow, or the minions of dominating blow?

if i dominate a melee mob it will probably work as intended, but if i dominate a ranged or caster mob will it have decresed damage without having the benefit of multistrike?

Spoiler
Assuming Infernal Blow's 125% damage effectiveness applies and multistrike's 36% less damage:
20% * (1.25 * 0.64) = 16% HP explosion vs 25%

A mob above the fire resist cap with fire penetration (0.6 effectiveness = 75%-35% resistance).
20% * (1.25 * .64 * .6) = 9.6% HP if Multistrike's 36% less damage applies.
Whoops. That appears to be a description error, I've fixed it for a future patch. It applies only to attack damage, the description was just wrong.
Hi Exiles.
I am using Frenzy with MS, and since mana cost is high I coupled it with BM and LGoH gems.

I have a few questions:
Lets say my Frenzy tooltip showing I deal 10k dps with 0.2 (5 Attack per second). And my LGoH give 30hp/hit.

1. Do I actually attack 15 times per second?
[Supported Melee Attacks repeats 2 additional times]
2. Then, my actual dps is 10k or 30k?
3. DO I get 90hp per Frenzy skill fired?
Attack time in the tooltip with multistrike shows the correct in-game attack time, so
"0.2 attack time means" that you will hit 5 times per second.
"attack repeats 2 times" means that your character will make 3 attacks in a row (if not interrupted), and these extra 2 attacks are free, they cost no mana (or hp, in case of blood magic).
Life gain per hit, damage, DPS, etc - will be exact the value stated in skill tooltip. Except mana/life cost.

IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I got a question here
map with temp chain mod seems have no effect on multistriked skills
it's not like it doesn't decreased by much, my tooltip stays the same in or out of temp chain map!
and also it doesn't seem to be a display error, cuz it sure feels the same ats as normal map.
quite confused
This gem needs two major fixes:

-When attacking in a mob it needs to prioritize the main target and switch to secondary targets only one the main target is dead.

-It needs to perform a target check and cancel remaining animations if there is no valid target in weapon range. Swinging in the air completely breaks immersion.
"
azmodael wrote:
This gem needs two major fixes:

-It needs to perform a target check and cancel remaining animations if there is no valid target in weapon range. Swinging in the air completely breaks immersion.

What if i decide to link Multistrike to Lightning strike? I want to make all 3 hits to launch 3x prjectiles. Same could happen with some AoE skills, especially new Reave skill (if it would work correcly with Multistrike).
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Then holding shift should disable the valid target check and proceed with the empty swings.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info