[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

I have got a Cluster Jewel with corrosive elements and disorienting display.

The third skill is inspired oppression. My question ist if this third one is really usefull, because I am not sure if I deal crits for the +30% mana regeneration when shocked often enough ...

(havent seen a jewel with supercharge as a third skill for weeks)
"
ogli wrote:
I have got a Cluster Jewel with corrosive elements and disorienting display.

The third skill is inspired oppression. My question ist if this third one is really usefull, because I am not sure if I deal crits for the +30% mana regeneration when shocked often enough ...

(havent seen a jewel with supercharge as a third skill for weeks)

Hello its quite rare tbh i think i am the only one who owns one with supercharge
if you can't find it you can aim for Scintillating Idea if you can't find that i guess Vengeful Commander and Tempt the Storm can be another option which i dont recommend
but Scintillating Idea and supercharge are really good
edit: searched in offline there is one with supercharge for sale for 15ex
Last edited by Sorenalike on Sep 11, 2021, 10:59:11 AM
Nor scintillating nor supercharge available atm.

THe question is not clearly answered. Should I spent points for inspired opression or not?

And I cant afford 15ec atm. (got 1ex, few time to play)
"
Sorenalike wrote:
"
nx989 wrote:
Hey guys, I'm new to this game and this is my first build. This entire thread has been so helpful for understanding some the of basics and some of the more advanced stuff to this game. Thank you to everyone who has been helping the less experienced players.
I reached level 90, red maps and it's been smooth sailing, very few deaths. Since I have limited budget, I tried to improvise at a few places. I still need to enchant by gear and do a lot more upgrades.
Here is my pob: https://pastebin.com/imWvj9vF
It would be appreciated if someone could take a look and make any suggestions. My resistances are capped in-game (except chaos) but it's not capped in pob for some reason. Also, how do i see my actual dps since pob says only 142k?

Hello
First of all seems like you are missing some passives .. try /passives to find out what

your watcher eye missing 1% damage taken from mana before life and its in wrong location you are suppose to put unnatural instinct there

you dropped arcanist brand setup without getting exposure on hit on your cluster jewel .. thats a damage loss try to have at least corrosive elements + disorienting display on your cluster jewel.

healthy mind is minimum roll which is not good try to divine it or get a new one

try to get a medium cluster jewel with master of fear and wish for death for damage boost ... try to lvl up a bit first

your gem setups are all over the place fix that for example why do you have sigil of power without increase area effect gem ? why is there increased area effect connected to blood rage and clarity ?

you need the 6 links asap specially for staff... drop that boot you are using its draining your mana you don't have enough regen for it

your body armor needs to be divined its minimum roll... your staff and necklace also can use divine orbs

your flask setups are not good either try to have these setups

you are missing both helmet and boot enchants please check the guide again for those they are very important

try to have a small cluster jewel with stubborn student it works nicely against small hits but i should warn you it does nothing against big hits

you are missing some mana nodes too

these changes should keep you occupied for now

Good luck

Hi. I made most of the changes mentioned here. I'm still experimenting with the flasks, cluster jewels and gem setups. I'm also missing some hp nodes. I did manage to cap my res perfectly so I can get full benefits out of the wise oak. Next on upgrade list are better helmet and boots.
Thanks for the suggestions!

PoB:
https://pastebin.com/CFEqJXic

"
nx989 wrote:

Hi. I made most of the changes mentioned here. I'm still experimenting with the flasks, cluster jewels and gem setups. I'm also missing some hp nodes. I did manage to cap my res perfectly so I can get full benefits out of the wise oak. Next on upgrade list are better helmet and boots.
Thanks for the suggestions!

PoB:
https://pastebin.com/CFEqJXic

Looks good, but sadly you are missing a lot of HP try to work on that have + to hp on all of your items helps a lot

also if you wanna use whispers of doom anoint i would recommend getting corrupted gloves with elemental weakness curse and that with your conductivity is huge boost dont worry about temporal chain only ele weakness and conduct will apply

culling strike on leap slam ? get wish for death (not whispers of death) and master of fear on your medium cluster jewel then drop culling strike and golem get vaal haste and increased duration

your large cluster jewel could be better but still not bad specially with using two uniques.

you can drop the path to divine judgement if you like and get the life nodes specially the one with chaos resistance

dont forget about awakened spell echo awakened controlled destruction they are cheap these days for somereason

i guess after fixing your gems and their alternative qualities and items that you mentioned you can aim for items like this

not having elusive is not a big deal btw but tailwind is pretty good.
also you didnt like stubborn student ?

yeah flasks changes over time for example this is my setup right now

i sometimes replace oak with cinderswallow or even put atziri flask in there while fighting sirus

overall pretty solid
Good job and good luck

Last edited by Sorenalike on Sep 12, 2021, 9:13:00 AM
what else can i upgrade...can't seem to down sirus....lol been mapping t11 to 16 fairly easy except for the occasional one shot....can't seem to know how much total dps i have with enki's calc.....and pob pegs me around 300++k i with sirus setting

flask here

pastebins here https://pastebin.com/Z25C7QWg
Last edited by Monster0310 on Sep 13, 2021, 7:52:07 AM
I'm close to clearing stage 4 but I don't have the Dex to equip any of the green gems. Should I be picking up Dex based gear to equip them? Given the passive tree, I don't see any other ways to get dex.

I've only seen +dex on a necklace I have.
Can you look over my build and tell me where I'm going wrong, or what I'm missing? I've been following this guide and I'm struggling so much. I am so, so squishy and I'll often run into the situation where I get hit, go full OOM instantly and I just can't do anything and die.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MrH/characters
"HackTemplar"
Last edited by MrH on Sep 13, 2021, 3:47:44 PM
I finally managed to kill Sirus A5 with this build but barely, maps are easy avoiding elemental reflection and no regen.
Any sugestions on what to improve?
I only have 3-4 exalts at the moment and not really sure what to aim for.
thanks.

POB: https://pastebin.com/U8U52Nz4
"
MrH wrote:
Can you look over my build and tell me where I'm going wrong, or what I'm missing? I've been following this guide and I'm struggling so much. I am so, so squishy and I'll often run into the situation where I get hit, go full OOM instantly and I just can't do anything and die.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MrH/characters
"HackTemplar"

Get a Pledge of Hands & Cloak of Defiance. Drop Essence Worm until your resists are more solid; anytime you're getting cursed into negative levels of lightning resistance. You're also likely being shocked. You're leap-slamming into packs, but you don't have the offense to back it up. Leap Slam into pack; use diamond/granite/sulphur - 2-3 Ball-Lights & move on. PoH repeats the cast w/ it's innate greater spell echo.

PoH is 7c. 5L is 25c. Cloak of Defiance is 25c 5L. Honestly, if you're struggling for currency just sell the league-fragments. You should be able to make 50c in 1-2 days easily as a new player right now. It's all about being aware of what your items/currency are worth and selling 'em / trade.

If you're running this build in SSF then that's on you. Pledge of Hands does have a prophecy and a divination card set. You need to scale your mana much, much harder for endgame. With the proper uniques / jewels; one of the other players in this thread has 8000 mana. You really do need to invest more heavily into mana to scale both archmage & MoM.

Both of the 2 players above/below your comment have Path of Building links that you can look into for comparison. I'd highly recommend it.
Last edited by EternalRumblez on Sep 13, 2021, 5:32:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info