[3.14] In-Depth 216m Sirus DPS Scion CoC Build Guide (w/ GIFs, Leveling Guide)

"
I'm a bit confused on the aps needed for this. From what I gathered reading your guide. The ideal cdr-aps is 52% and 10.1. However is it necessary to be consistently at 10.1 aps, or is this just the final bit of min-maxing?

It's cause I played around with your pob and losing out on tailwind is pretty painful to the aps pushing it down to 9.30+. I tried maxing out the level of anomalous blood rage, and it would need 4 frenzy charges up to get it back to around 10.08 aps meaning one would have to give up 2 passive skill points to get back to the ideal aps. Another option would be to change to the superior blood rage, but it introduces a huge bossing aps problem because you're almost unable to generate frenzy charges without the anomalous quality one that caps out at 2% chance on hit. I tried investigating the pob a bit more, and there doesn't seem to be any other way this build generates frenzy charges so it's rarely at the ideal 10.1 aps when doing much of anything, and moving to the default quality blood rage essentially prevents you from generating frenzy during the most challenging content.

How important is getting to and maintaining 10.1 aps? Is being at 9.x aps good enough for most purposes? I assume that most people won't have tailwind boots, and boss fights might take a while to ramp up the frenzy charges so this build is only close to 10.1 aps on the most ideal of circumstances.

Yeah, it's optimal to get at least 10 here. Not exactly 10.1, 10.07 is fine for example.

I didn't get one thing, why would you ''lose'' Tailwind? Did you mean using boots without Tailwind? That doesn't make any sense unless you go for entirely different setup such as Onslaught + Elusive but this is not the case.
Is there a way to fit the headhunter in this build?
"
vitinhoid wrote:
Is there a way to fit the headhunter in this build?

Even with perfect rolled Elevated CDR on your boots and Awakened CoC Level 6, you cannot reach %52 CDR. With HH buffs it might not matter for mapping but for bosses, Shaper/Elder guardians, thick Invitations you will need a rare CDR belt anyways. Well, you won't 'need' but bossing is crap with less CDR.

There are so many builds around that it doesn't matter to have a HH also on bosses but this build is different because of CDR importance.
killiangrausten, do you have opinion about high speed variation of this build? Like 15.14 APS and 14 CDR? I'd like to hear you point of view if you don't mind. xD
"
"
I'm a bit confused on the aps needed for this. From what I gathered reading your guide. The ideal cdr-aps is 52% and 10.1. However is it necessary to be consistently at 10.1 aps, or is this just the final bit of min-maxing?

It's cause I played around with your pob and losing out on tailwind is pretty painful to the aps pushing it down to 9.30+. I tried maxing out the level of anomalous blood rage, and it would need 4 frenzy charges up to get it back to around 10.08 aps meaning one would have to give up 2 passive skill points to get back to the ideal aps. Another option would be to change to the superior blood rage, but it introduces a huge bossing aps problem because you're almost unable to generate frenzy charges without the anomalous quality one that caps out at 2% chance on hit. I tried investigating the pob a bit more, and there doesn't seem to be any other way this build generates frenzy charges so it's rarely at the ideal 10.1 aps when doing much of anything, and moving to the default quality blood rage essentially prevents you from generating frenzy during the most challenging content.

How important is getting to and maintaining 10.1 aps? Is being at 9.x aps good enough for most purposes? I assume that most people won't have tailwind boots, and boss fights might take a while to ramp up the frenzy charges so this build is only close to 10.1 aps on the most ideal of circumstances.

Yeah, it's optimal to get at least 10 here. Not exactly 10.1, 10.07 is fine for example.

I didn't get one thing, why would you ''lose'' Tailwind? Did you mean using boots without Tailwind? That doesn't make any sense unless you go for entirely different setup such as Onslaught + Elusive but this is not the case.

Because half decent tailwind boots are incredibly difficult to find in standard. Even when you hit ridiculous amounts of currency the mods on the boots still suck so in most cases I wouldn't have tailwind even if I wanted to. So yes, I lose tailwind cause I would have to sacrifice every other mod on the boots just for that. Hence, I would "lose out" on tailwind.
Last edited by Blaithin860 on Jun 4, 2021, 8:34:42 AM
Hi pretty cool build you made here, I'm Gearing this build atm i've boots with 20% CDR, belt with 16 % CDR and lvl 5 Awakened Cast on Crit, so i'm good for the 52% CDR ?
"
DaiBi wrote:
killiangrausten, do you have opinion about high speed variation of this build? Like 15.14 APS and 14 CDR? I'd like to hear you point of view if you don't mind. xD

Just looked at the guide of TriPolarBear guy. I find it far from optimal. He has a 150 exa version so it's not a budget friendly version, he just says that %14 is ideal, which is false.

Our main damage source is our 6-link and if we hit %54 CDR with ~10.05-10.1 APS, interval will be optimal. I did some PoB stuff to get high DPS with high attack speed. To reach same DPS, I needed to boost my attack rate to 20.2 theoretically. This is kind of unrealistic, you will need so much sources to get attack speed, so you will lose so many multiplier, good damage mods on your items, potentially. So 20.2 APS with %54 CDR is just unrealistic and not better.
So, how is it giving good DPS as we got over 10.1? With that high amount of attack speed, you basically double your chance to trigger Ice Spear. That's why damage graphic here is like a positive parabolic curve between 10.1 and 20.2, if you know what I mean.

That's why you must go for %14 CDR variant to go for high attack speed because this time you just need 15 APS. This time it's better than 7.5 because 7.5 is a low attack rate in general for this CDR value.

Sadly, that guide doesn't really talk about intervals and 10.1 threshold.

I need help figuring out why I can't seem to squeeze out as much dps as your POB. In the most ideal conditions, my POB says I can do 85M dps, and if I can slot in my jewel at lvl 97 I should hit about 94-95M. For some reason I can't seem to breach 100M. Not really sure if this is a configuration issue or something fundamentally missing from my equipment.

POB Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/08d4tXWq

Also, I kind of ended up with 62% total CDR cause I was trying to do some elevated crafting, and elevated my the cdr on both my boots and belt. My POB says I'm still good at 10.07 effective trigger rate. The way I read your guide...It is to my understanding that a CDR higher than 52% still falls under the 10.1 aps rule. Is this correct?

Many of my jewels are sub-optimal though (most are 3 relevant rolls and 1 unrelated cause the perfect ones were too expensive). I was forced to get an increased global accuracy rating modifier on a jewel to get 100% hit chance for regular mobs (96% for evasive mobs). Most of my jewels tend to have 3 relevant crit mult mods and some unrelated mod that I had to take cause perfect four mods are too expensive. Current crit mult without the last jewel slot is 594%

Thanks for all the effort. This build feels and plays really, really well. Tested it out on most of the endgame content (except maven and sirus) and it melts them all even if I'm just being pedantic about wanting to min-max.
"
I need help figuring out why I can't seem to squeeze out as much dps as your POB. In the most ideal conditions, my POB says I can do 85M dps, and if I can slot in my jewel at lvl 97 I should hit about 94-95M. For some reason I can't seem to breach 100M. Not really sure if this is a configuration issue or something fundamentally missing from my equipment.

POB Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/08d4tXWq

Also, I kind of ended up with 62% total CDR cause I was trying to do some elevated crafting, and elevated my the cdr on both my boots and belt. My POB says I'm still good at 10.07 effective trigger rate. The way I read your guide...It is to my understanding that a CDR higher than 52% still falls under the 10.1 aps rule. Is this correct?

Many of my jewels are sub-optimal though (most are 3 relevant rolls and 1 unrelated cause the perfect ones were too expensive). I was forced to get an increased global accuracy rating modifier on a jewel to get 100% hit chance for regular mobs (96% for evasive mobs). Most of my jewels tend to have 3 relevant crit mult mods and some unrelated mod that I had to take cause perfect four mods are too expensive. Current crit mult without the last jewel slot is 594%

Thanks for all the effort. This build feels and plays really, really well. Tested it out on most of the endgame content (except maven and sirus) and it melts them all even if I'm just being pedantic about wanting to min-max.

Before starting, thank you for your good words, I appreciate it a lot!

1) Getting over %52 CDR doesn't matter DPS wise. And yes, 10.1 aps rule is still correct for any CDR rate for %52 and above.

2) Your jewels and crit multi is decent, with the last slot it would be completed. 4 mod jewels are hard to find and there are always better upgrades for that price range. I generally have currency to go for 4 modded jewels for a socket or two but I had more efficient upgrades everytime. So don't care that too much.

Looked at your PoB and there are some ways to boost your dps. Get Anomalous Ice Spear and Hypothermia 21. Enchant your boots with Ele. Pen.

And you can go for double Cluster setup, I don't recommend it before level 97 but I will update my current PoB here in the guide. You can try it but it's sub optimal to sacrifice so much survivability to squeeze some DPS. You need to tune it yourself. Double LCJ setup also boosts your DPS but first you do the upgrades above and try to get closer to my DPS on PoB that I've posted here. In that time you probably level up more and you can go for double LCJs.

Last edited by killiangrausten on Jun 4, 2021, 3:05:14 PM
"

That's why you must go for %14 CDR variant to go for high attack speed because this time you just need 15 APS. This time it's better than 7.5 because 7.5 is a low attack rate in general for this CDR value.

Sadly, that guide doesn't really talk about intervals and 10.1 threshold.

Thx for answer.

I'm still a bit confused why POB shows 7.57 proc rate with 15.14 APS (in tripoloar's build) and 10.1 proc rate with 10.1 APS in your build? I've expected double proc rate with 15.14 APS.

And second question - why do you use power charge on crit if we have Liquid Inspiration? We should spamm mana flask anyway, right? I'm getting 3 charges in 10 seconds after starting a map just spamming the flasks.

And just my observation of archmage synergy with vortex. If i spamm archmage + vortex + arcane cloak through the map i'm getting about 1.5 times more damage on my ice spear on average compared to when i spamm regular vortex and arcane cloak. Mana level was very inconsistent tho, this could be a problem in tough fights. Especially with Righteous Fire on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info