[3.14] In-Depth 216m Sirus DPS Scion CoC Build Guide (w/ GIFs, Leveling Guide)

"
"
"

Just to mention, you will faceroll any lab with this build concept. It doesn't matter; Gift, Dedication, Tribute, Regular. Because traps do zero damage to mana builds, you can facetank everything. We tank damage with our mana pool in general and enduring mana flask is OP for the damage type of labyrinths. If I just didn't hate lab, I'd farm it seriously.

I did notice that lab was particularly painless if a bit slow due to the lack of movespeed stacking in general. I still prefer my TR deadeye on account of being able to blitz the uber uber labs in under 10 min. Because I really hate any form of the labyrinth.

I also saw your POB update with the 2nd set of clusters. My impression was that the new tree turned this into a bossing build, and that it would be super duper squishy. Either way, I pretty much implemented the whole thing as soon as I saw it...except for the last 2 jewel slots, and their corresponding str nodes. I get one-shot more often on the updated one. I've also been stunlocked by normal mobs even with the stun avoidance on the quicksilver up on unjuiced safe-ish t16 maps (very weird interaction tbh). The ice spear trigger also feels delayed and inconsistent at 99% hit chance. I tried using Atz's promise on the chimera shaper guardian to test the stun from its smoke phase, and I get stunned on every hit while almost never evading or avoiding any hits. <-was testing solaris/lunaris so was not on brine king.

The previous tree is probably a better representative of this build for doing all content painlessly with the semi-occasional one-shot death. You could actually branch the two variants so people can choose what they deem is better for their needs. I prefer the general content variant with 100M+ dps to this new one. Sunk a bit of currency down on the LCJ, but nothing I can't make back in time so I don't really mind having ended up as a tester for the new 216M update.

I do plan on implementing some parts of the your update to the old tree. The first being the curse nodes until "Mark the Prey" while foregoing mana. Mainly to see if playing on 3.3k mana with better damage and flask sustain is better than having 3.7k mana.

P.S. played around with POB to see what the ideal dps of my char is on the update. I'd cap out at 186M dps, but am currently at 130M dps.

I am actually playing with 2nd Cluster for a long time, for comparison it's more squishy than previous version but I rarely die. To be precise, I only die at some ultimatums; I really don't remember dying to a map thing, bosses are also non-existent. Also died to some juiced delirium shenanigans and it didn't feel weird, it can be tough. We need to be active while spinning, concept is not really defensive, we need to destroy things without getting wrecked. So I find it worth to go for 2nd Cluster, but needs to be at least Level 96 to not lose 'that' much survivability.

Stun is whole another thing here, I find it really interesting that you associate getting stunned with 2nd Cluster. 2nd Cluster setup isn't about getting more stunned or less. Yeah, stun is about your defensive layers and we lose some with this setup, that's completely right. But it's mainly because your low maximum mana, I looked at your gear and you don't have mana on your rare pieces at all. And when you go for 2nd Cluster wheel on top of that, you lose Phase Acrobatics and AoE nodes. Your maximum mana is 3.3k for the setup, it's so low. I assume you need at least 4k unreserved mana to be safe about stuns. Because as I said, I really don't get stunned. But you're right about %99 Hit Chance, %100 feels better. Not by a big margin but %100 is good for the concept of our build. I had %100 when I have T1 Dex from my gloves, changed it so I have %99 right now. Optimal solution would be changing my double corrupted Cospri with a Accuracy enchanted one but I'm mostly done with the league.

Anyways, for your mana levels it's much better to go for single Cluster setup and you're right, I will also post my single Cluster setup back again. It was bad to remove the old tree.

I'm very much aware I lack the mana for the new tree and predicted I would get stunlocked for it. I should have worded it much better. The first thing I tried to do was actually find new jewels with % increased mana, but failed miserably at the attempt even at peak trading time in standard. Basically, just kind of went "rambo" and continued implementing the tree regardless. It generally confirmed my predictions on what I would end up experiencing (and by proxy...many people with much less currency than I have).

Having so many base +# maximum mana rolls is really hard to craft or buy from people since the majority of the best stuff ends up getting crafted with life modifiers because it's just more profitable and easy to do (some people even consider mana rolls to "brick" top tier item crafting attempts). Deterministically crafting mana modifiers is also incredibly hard. I tried to buy stuff with those rolls, but they were just never as good as the + maximum life ones. Jewels with the % increased mana modifier that meet the appropriate requirements to stack crit mult are also really hard to buy. There is, ironically, a real shortage of options no matter the budget (at least in standard). As it stands, there is a high barrier to entry on the new tree that even money can't bypass.

It might be that the economy in Ultimatum is more geared towards these kinds of MoM builds atm so acquiring that kind of gear is cheaper and easier. Might actually be the case though, cause I did some test searches on Ultimatum a while back and the stuff needed was much more accessible. I'm usually spending up to many multiples those amounts on standard to get equivalent gear.

I actually used to join leagues up until betrayal which is when I really quit PoE. I returned to spring clean my stash tabs and delete characters. Played a bit and got overwhelmed by all the new changes, and then decided to just use what currency I'd earned in the previous years to follow/modify some new broken ass builds to better understand the new mechanics. I was a huge trade junkie back then, and while theorycrafting was never my strong suit...following the demands of the league economy was my bread and butter reason for playing poe which meant that I ended up sitting on a ton of currency that I was not to interested in using. Still need to budget since I'm splitting the currency to make broken builds for my witch and my new duelist.
Last edited by Blaithin860 on Jun 5, 2021, 11:02:16 AM
"

I'm very much aware I lack the mana for the new tree and predicted I would get stunlocked for it. I should have worded it much better. The first thing I tried to do was actually find new jewels with % increased mana, but failed miserably at the attempt even at peak trading time in standard.

Having so many base +# maximum mana rolls is really hard to craft or buy from people since the majority of the best stuff ends up getting crafted with life modifiers because it's just more profitable and easy to do (some people even consider mana rolls to "brick" top tier item crafting attempts). Deterministically crafting mana modifiers is also incredibly hard. I tried to buy stuff with those rolls, but they were just never as good as the + maximum life ones. Jewels with the % increased mana modifier that meet the appropriate requirements to stack crit mult are also really hard to buy. There is, ironically, a real shortage of options no matter the budget (at least in standard). As it stands, there is a high barrier to entry on the new tree that even money can't bypass.

It might be that the economy in Ultimatum is more geared towards these kinds of MoM builds atm so acquiring that kind of gear is cheaper and easier. Might actually be the case though, cause I did some test searches on Ultimatum a while back and the stuff needed was much more accessible. I'm usually spending up to many multiples those amounts on standard to get equivalent gear.

I used to join leagues up until betrayal...returned to spring clean my stash tabs and delete characters. Played a bit and got overwhelmed by all the new changes, and then decided to just use what currency I'd earned in the previous years to follow/modify some new broken ass builds to better understand the new mechanics. I was a huge trade junkie back then, and while theorycrafting was never my strong suit...following the demands of the league economy was my bread and butter reason for playing poe which meant that I ended up sitting on a ton of currency that I'd never used. Making the big money was the fun part for me now so I'm pretty much sitting on a sizable pile of currency. Still need to budget cause I'm splitting to make broken builds for my witch and my new duelist.

I see, Standard is whole another story. I didn't play on Standard before. But as I mentioned on my 2nd comment, feel completely free to use Single Cluster setup, I added it back to the PoB section with an explanation. It's better to have two setups in the guide. Tbh, we really don't 'need' 2nd Cluster to annihilate everything we see but you know; min-maxing is not about our needs, it's about pushing it to the absolute limit without being unrealistic/unplayable. And I tried my best to do this, especially doing it with this guide was so precious for me because this is my very first guide.
Last edited by killiangrausten on Jun 5, 2021, 11:01:27 AM
"
RoninSJ wrote:
180M... tzsuz chwistz

I cant even get over 30M w/o RF. I don't think my equipment is so bad:

https://pastebin.com/MAQhb3LD

Anyway, I got rid of RF for increased duration bc I melt everthing in seconds anyway.

Your Attack Rate is too high, over 10.5 according to PoB. Get rid of that rare jewel with attack speed and buy one without that. And also lower your Blood Rage to Level 5. With these changes your Attack Rate will be 10.08, which is ideal. We shouldn't get past 10.1 APS.

Also have some problems on your tree. Did some changes. Got Aqueous Accelerant, it's super important for the build. Here is your optimized tree:

https://pastebin.com/MCBJiKF2
"

I see, Standard is whole another story. I didn't play on Standard before. But as I mentioned on my 2nd comment, feel completely free to use Single Cluster setup, I added it back to the PoB section with an explanation. It's better to have two setups in the guide. Tbh, we really don't 'need' 2nd Cluster to annihilate everything we see but you know; min-maxing is not about our needs, it's about pushing it to the absolute limit without being unrealistic/unplayable. And I tried my best to do this, especially doing it with this guide was so precious for me because this is my very first guide.

Oh, I really absolutely love your build. It's why I continue to chime in with comments so I can help you for providing the community with this build. I just wanted provide my perspective to steer you in the direction that would allow a larger audience to experience the fruits of your labour. It's nothing short of amazing, and more people need to experience it in some way/shape/form.

That guy a few posts above who said 30M dps on his version of your build even if it is "relatively" unoptimized just shows how crazy this build is even on a tighter budget. My TR deadeye is at 33M dps, and I had to gamble on a belt enchant to get that extra 3M above 30M.
Last edited by Blaithin860 on Jun 5, 2021, 11:25:34 AM
Qn - I have 96% effective crit chance, 10.08 APS. Does 99% to 100% chance to hit really make that any diff? POB does not show any increase in DPS or trigger rate after 95% chance to hit so wondering.
"
desmondk07 wrote:
Qn - I have 96% effective crit chance, 10.08 APS. Does 99% to 100% chance to hit really make that any diff? POB does not show any increase in DPS or trigger rate after 95% chance to hit so wondering.

%100 feels and plays better in most cases, but nowadays I'm also on %99. Not the end of the world.
https://pastebin.com/ZPVHmDSb

Am I missing something? I cant get my trigger rate to make sense, did I check something wrong? Im not rly good with PoB.
"
Marc_9k wrote:
https://pastebin.com/ZPVHmDSb

Am I missing something? I cant get my trigger rate to make sense, did I check something wrong? Im not rly good with PoB.

Your Blood Rage Level is too high, gives too much attack speed to you. Use Level 1 or use Anomalous Level 9. I recommend Anomalous variant.
Ok, I was suspecting this, however I cant see where the info is? The in-game APS on cyclone hits 9.95 fully buffed in an ultimatum (I assume its somewhat correct at that point?) And I cant see the APS in PoB?
Last edited by Marc_9k on Jun 6, 2021, 10:30:32 AM
"
Marc_9k wrote:
Ok, I was suspecting this, however I cant see where the info is? The in-game APS on cyclone hits 9.95 fully buffed in an ultimatum (I assume its somewhat correct at that point?) And I cant see the APS in PoB?

It's in Calcs tab on PoB. Go in there and select Cyclone. You will see it as 'Attack/Cast Rate'. Do not forget to do configuration first. Tick Frenzy charges for example.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info