Cat and Rainbow MTX? Really?

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
How do you do that? I mean wheels spin and then puts you in town...

I'm that quick.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
How do you do that? I mean wheels spin and then puts you in town...

I'm that quick.

You don't look quick...heard of old man strength but old man speed? meh..
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 30, 2021, 10:01:27 PM
Dear OP

Because you don't like it, it's great that these things are purely optional and you can choose to not group with people using those microtransactions if it bothers you that much. Freedom of choice, live with it.
At the end of the day the "issue" is not really the skins, i'm not fan either of those over the top skins, but it's popular, fine, good for them, we have no control over people tastes.

In an ideal world, having the option to hide other players MTX could be an alternative so everyone can tailor their own visual experience of the game,
but this brings other issues as well. ^^

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I always launch in Act 5 town rather than eplique or whatever so I don't have to see other players MTX. Most is just way over the top for a long while. But I think it me who's the bland one not the other way around. My favorite arnmor pack is still old school "elite" pack, plain silver no cape, pets, or wings.

IRL I wear all black head to toe unless I'm working then I throw on my safty vest. (I drive heavy equipment so its manditory)

You should see my hideout zero deco coast after 8 years playing.

I'm literally the only guy on my crew that has no tattoos.

I like that you shared your perspective and how things work for you in IRL.

Myself? I find that other games bore me these days and when I want to play something it might as well be PoE because I can keep building my knowledge of the game and of different characters and that is what I personally find fascinating and what keeps me coming back.

So, instead of paying $60 or whatever for another game, I tend to just put that money into PoE instead. Why? Because I buy the other games and play them and they don't live up to my expectations or don't keep me engaged enough to want to continue playing. I get tired of learning new control schemes and having to learn new enemy weaknesses, which is really just saying that you have figured out how to take advantage of the game's mechanics to rapidly progress and have an uber experience compared to the first time when you where learning and slogging through things.

Plus, they say my MTX will carry into PoE 2, so that is a bonus there. I would hope that if there is a Guild Wars 3, they will carry over MTX as well. MTX is a disgusting topic to me personally, but if I can carry the things forward, that makes it more palatable.

I got caught in the addiction pay-to-win on smartphones in one game and will never do that again. At this point, I am a little uncomfortable with the amount of MTX that GGG has started releasing into PoE. It seems like there are new things everyday now and they still want an huge price tag for it. If they are going to make it special and somewhat unique, then the price tag is a little more acceptable; but when they start avalanching MTX onto the playbase at high prices, that is BS.

Lastly, I cannot stomach that games go down in price so fast after release. So now a days, I just wait till its $5-$15 because I already have a backlog anyway. If it is a huge multi-player thing where the fun is good to get in on at the beginning, then the price is worth it, but otherwise...there aren't many blockbuster games like in the 90's that are just so good that they are a "must-play". Games are more like experiences now, sort of like the case that Roblox is making in Epic games vs Apple Store: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/05/why-robloxs-definition-of-games-is-key-to-the-epic-vs-apple-case/

Thanks for checking out my opinion, good luck in-game and IRL!

Edit: P.S. I am an IT guy and I buy nice hardware for gaming and entertainment, but my daily dress clothes are Walmart clothes. I do buy more expensive shoes because I have a leg-length discrepancy and back issues. I guess I try to be conservative when I can, but also willing to spend for quality if need be and also willing to invest in a little entertainment.

Also forgot to mention that I have rainbow cats and Twilight gear. It soothes my eyes when I play. The game can get monotonous for my eyes, but I totally understand that other people may not want to see my crazy light-show. I try to not equip MTX at the start of the season for that reason.
Last edited by EvilBob2U on May 19, 2021, 12:37:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info