Ethereal Knives

"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
"
There are actually several pure 'physical damage increased' passive nodes that do not refer to melee.

Where are these, BTW? I know there used to be some, in particular a node adjacent to Shadow start location, but I'm having trouble finding one that isn't tied to specific weapons or at least melee damage since 0.9.9.

I was mistaken. There are a few physical damage melee nodes that don't tie themselves to any one weapon, and some spell damage ones (obviously). My bad.

Maybe today's patch will change that.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
"
There are actually several pure 'physical damage increased' passive nodes that do not refer to melee.

Where are these, BTW? I know there used to be some, in particular a node adjacent to Shadow start location, but I'm having trouble finding one that isn't tied to specific weapons or at least melee damage since 0.9.9.

I was mistaken. There are a few physical damage melee nodes that don't tie themselves to any one weapon, and some spell damage ones (obviously). My bad.

Maybe today's patch will change that.

There is "bow damage," which is physical damage, and linked specifically to bows.
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Last edited by VideoGeemer on Jun 5, 2012, 4:45:46 AM
"
"
VideoGeemer wrote:
"
Still think the skill should be renamed. Ethereal is the opposite of physical... *grumble*

Indeed, THIS skill should be called "Knife Spray" or something.

So...like a deodorant? Not Axe, but Knife?

Bwahahahahah.

LOL, yeah. :) Or maybe the opposite. Maybe knife doesn't work like axe, and instead sprays BO at the enemies.

The attack is about as effective, right? ;)
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Dd they buff the projectile speed on this? It seems like it but nothing is in the patch notes.
"
indczn wrote:
Dd they buff the projectile speed on this? It seems like it but nothing is in the patch notes.

If there was, I'd say it's only a slight change. There was a nice effects change to the spell though. I definitely prefer the look of the new version.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
"
indczn wrote:

If there was, I'd say it's only a slight change. There was a nice effects change to the spell though. I definitely prefer the look of the new version.

Ah, maybe that was what it was.
Droping base damage and adding % damage from weapon will make it more usefull.
Been using this skill in my Claw Shadow and as the skill does not benefit from Life Leech/Mana Leech on weapons or passives, the physical damage on this skill is largely wasted. I had hoped it would confer all benefits from your melee weapons however sadly, this is not the case (logically it makes sence of course but still ...)

As there are no throwing weapons in the game that would add in the weapon's effects to this skill, I find this skill functional but not amazing.
"So Shines a Good Deed in a Weary World" - Willy Wonker
It's not "physical damage" it is "Spell Physical"
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

"
Dark0mens wrote:
It's not "physical damage" it is "Spell Physical"

Ah, so all passives/support gems that effect 'spells' will work with this but it does Physical damage? Something to use againast 'resist' enemies for example?

I did read that in the previous pages but I guess it didn't 'click' with me until now.

I've swapped the skill out with Lightning Strike as it wasn't all that usefull for a Claw Shadow ..

Thanks Dark0mens!
"So Shines a Good Deed in a Weary World" - Willy Wonker

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info