Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
HowToGusta wrote:
"
Rakushi wrote:
"
HowToGusta wrote:

Hmm, fair enough, I just don't think expressing dissatisfaction and wanting your money back is completely nuts. But, I think if you've supported up until now, you've supported what you've enjoyed, so leave it at that. The insane thing would be to keep funding something you don't like/enjoy.

Have to agree with I_NO here, it's not constructive, or in any form critism. It's assuming privilidges that nobody granted you. Telling GGG that you won't support them if this change goes trough, is so wrong too. Blackmailing to get your things? Really? What makes one believe that they'd listen to that... YOu can express that you don't support the decision, but so many in this manifesto have done it in a, shall I say, less than optimal way...

QQing doesn't get you anywhere, basically

Did you even read what I wrote?

Why would you pay for a product/service that you don't like? That is the consumer's choice/right and if they decide to vocalise it on their way out I don't see a problem with it. GGG has a responsbility as a business to address their customer's dissatisfaction when they accept money for a product/service in order to fund their operations, offset their costs and make a profit. You don't buy a table, receive it half broken and keep your mouth shut. How is it blackmail to say you don't want to support someone/something if they proceed down a certain path? Players are not forcing GGG to do anything realistically speaking. Such a strange perception of reality you have...

I am sorry, we've seem to have had a missunderstanding here.

The issue I've talked about isn't that people voice dissatisfaction, but the way it is being done. I can tell you that my table is broken, and what I don't like about it, or I could yell at you that you're the worst scum on earth, and I will never consider buying anything from you ever again, and wish you'd refund me for the table, that was perfectly fine, 2 years ago, or I will be angry. Take a guess which one I am miffled about and can be considered attempted, albeit hilariously incompetent, blackmail?

Also, GGG isn't "just a business" either. It's a team of developers that have a game in mind that they wanted to create, and it's in their right to do so. And you'll admit, that they've done overall a good job at it, because you've returned playing the game, too.

Sadly, you fill in the basket of people with entitlement, the way you word it, and I'd like to show you that: "Customer's dissatisfaction when they accept money for a product/service in order to fund their operations". You don't purchase a service. You don't purchase the right to play the game, you already have it. Supporterpacks are more akin to donations to the cause. Funding, yes, but not something you are supposed to expect a return from. And you seem to believe it is that way, do you not? You can certainly vote with your wallet, and that is fine, you are free to vocalize that even, but don't go around and say BECAUSE you've paid this much, that it somehow makes you entitled to mold the way GGG wants the game to go, and feel is the right way to go. Sorry if parts have offended you, and for the missunderstanding prior.

Just love the game, but its just going in a way inviable for casual players.
From now i'm not going to spend a single buck in support packs also going to skip a few leagues for sure.
DO YOU GUYS NOT HAVE EXALTS?

LOL, anyway remember to vote with your wallet
sorry for being a casual player and not being able to accept this changes :(
Aw GGG, why you have to be like that.

Harvest and this league have been the leagues I've played the longest in a long, long time. I think the last time I played this long was Betrayal, because I really loved it.

Harvest crafting solved the diminishing return on play time. There is a hard diminishing return on gains once you reach about a dozen ex of gear, where the next upgrade is gonna cost you about twice as much. Working for that first upgrade, which takes maybe 2 weeks, is fine, you have a goal in mind, but then your wallet is empty and you're looking at basically a month of grind for your next upgrade, and that's what makes me quit.

Harvest solved that, sure, I am still racking up currency, but now i am spending it here and there to have good bases, to try and roll them with harvest (you've nerfed the amount of chaos...) and once I got something decent, I can try to upgrade it (another thing you've nerfed)...

Been playing this game since beta, but you guys are going the wrong way about this.
"
HowToGusta wrote:

Let's just hope in future GGG takes polls or something like that when making these types of decisions to better understand how the players will react.

Oh, they knew full well how the community would react, maybe not the intensity of it, but it's clear that they knew this would be very unpopular.

That's why they broke the info 1 month before a new league. The number of people actively playing has dropped significantly, attention to PoE news is low, and they can hope it all blows over before everyone starts looking for info on the next league again and they work on getting everyone hyped up once more.

"
Players also expressed frustration that the most effective way to get the best items in Path of Exile was to join a discord channel and try to trade for these incredibly crucial crafts.

The first part of this that concerned us was that Harvest was critical in making the best items (and hence made many other game systems obsolete). The second part, where it was inconvenient to trade them, becomes far less of a problem if we can solve the first issue.

This I still just can't get over.

Can you please throw us a bone here by addressing and clarifying what you meant in the statement I quoted there, so we know you're not just living in corpo-dreamland but actually understand what's really going on in your game, and we can have a little bit more faith in your decision making?

Since what you say there, about fixing the issue with trading harvest crafts by simply nerfing the whole thing and making it far less attractive and useful, so problem solved, right? This makes no sense what so ever, which makes me wonder if you get it at all.

I understand your priority is to nerf how easy it is to craft some items.

That makes sense and you definitely will accomplish that goal with your intended changes, and then some.

But how does this fix the discord trading issue?

Not at all, in any way, shape or form.

Some very useful and profitable crafts will remain, and getting access to them whenever you need them is still 1000x easier through TFT discord than through actually playing the game.

Nothing changed there. Nada. You get that, do you?
Last edited by Luminariel on Mar 12, 2021, 8:18:47 PM
"
Rakushi wrote:
"
HowToGusta wrote:
"
Rakushi wrote:

QQing doesn't get you anywhere, basically

Did you even read what I wrote?

Why would you pay for a product/service that you don't like? That is the consumer's choice/right and if they decide to vocalise it on their way out I don't see a problem with it. GGG has a responsbility as a business to address their customer's dissatisfaction when they accept money for a product/service in order to fund their operations, offset their costs and make a profit. You don't buy a table, receive it half broken and keep your mouth shut. How is it blackmail to say you don't want to support someone/something if they proceed down a certain path? Players are not forcing GGG to do anything realistically speaking. Such a strange perception of reality you have...

I am sorry, we've seem to have had a missunderstanding here.

The issue I've talked about isn't that people voice dissatisfaction, but the way it is being done. I can tell you that my table is broken, and what I don't like about it, or I could yell at you that you're the worst scum on earth, and I will never consider buying anything from you ever again, and wish you'd refund me for the table, that was perfectly fine, 2 years ago, or I will be angry. Take a guess which one I am miffled about and can be considered attempted, albeit hilariously incompetent, blackmail?

Also, GGG isn't "just a business" either. It's a team of developers that have a game in mind that they wanted to create, and it's in their right to do so. And you'll admit, that they've done overall a good job at it, because you've returned playing the game, too.

Sadly, you fill in the basket of people with entitlement, the way you word it, and I'd like to show you that: "Customer's dissatisfaction when they accept money for a product/service in order to fund their operations". You don't purchase a service. You don't purchase the right to play the game, you already have it. Supporterpacks are more akin to donations to the cause. Funding, yes, but not something you are supposed to expect a return from. And you seem to believe it is that way, do you not? You can certainly vote with your wallet, and that is fine, you are free to vocalize that even, but don't go around and say BECAUSE you've paid this much, that it somehow makes you entitled to mold the way GGG wants the game to go, and feel is the right way to go. Sorry if parts have offended you, and for the missunderstanding prior.

Yeah man, you're addressing your concerns about the way people have approached GGG with their 'threats' to the wrong person. I literally just defended the idea that support can be withdrawn if you don't enjoy what you're spending your money on. I even mentioned in a previous post that any nerf/removal of harvest won't stop me from playing. But, I have expectations, yes. Do I feel entitled because I spend money on the game? Hell no. I just feel passionate enough to try to make a difference where it matters to so many. Read some of my previous posts, maybe you'll change your tune. Stop twisting my words.
Last edited by HowToGusta on Mar 12, 2021, 8:16:02 PM
"
HowToGusta wrote:

Yeah man, you're addressing your concerns about the way people have approached GGG with their 'threats' to the wrong person. I literally just defended the idea that support can be withdrawn if you don't enjoy what you're spending your money on. I even mentioned in a previous post that any nerf/removal of harvest won't stop me from playing. But, I have expectations, yes. Do I feel entitled because I spend money on the game? Hell no. I just feel passionate enough to try to make a difference where it matters to so many. Read some of my previous posts, maybe you'll change your tune. Stop twisting my words.

Ah, I didn't try to make it like I've twisted your words! I was just trying to understand you toroughly, and am glad that I was wrong :D My apologies!

Edit: Incoherent Sentences. (Whew I am tired)
Last edited by Rakushi on Mar 12, 2021, 8:29:20 PM
Already purchased the highest supporter pack :(
Won't be spending any more for a long time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info