I'm finding it impossible to build a PC...everything OOS

Anyone else have this problem? Thinking about just ordering one from alien-ware or something like my last one from falcon northwest.

Upgrading from 2600k@5.2Ghz and 980 GTX to 5600X Ryzen and 3060ti.

I used to build these in HS for friends and stuff but not worth hassle now.

Newegg has nothing but case I want in stock. Think whats going on is Dell and other makers are getting all the parts.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 4, 2021, 9:29:40 PM
Last bumped on Feb 7, 2021, 11:44:53 PM
Alienware is a BIG NO NO. And just look for a gaming PC on Facebook Marketplace. It's almost a guarantee that most of custom built PCs from marketplace are better than most PCs online.

Edit: whatcha mean OOS? I believe many sources are still operational - Newegg and Amazon for one.
Last edited by moedexter on Feb 4, 2021, 9:23:58 PM
Out Of Stock.

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=ryzen+5600x

It's not just that either video card, memory, and SSD I want are too.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 4, 2021, 9:32:01 PM
I hear the Apple Store never runs out of stock on most things *<:^)

Mac-hating aside, you'll probably have to expand your search for things that might be last year's card, last year's gpu, etc. and upgrade piecemeal as you can. Crypto farming didn't wipe out the processor industry, so this shouldn't either.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
crunkatog wrote:
I hear the Apple Store never runs out of stock on most things *<:^)

Mac-hating aside, you'll probably have to expand your search for things that might be last year's card, last year's gpu, etc. and upgrade piecemeal as you can. Crypto farming didn't wipe out the processor industry, so this shouldn't either.

haha...I ate iphones for awhile until I got Kyocera DuraXV Extreme. I was probably Apples best customer... I drive heavy equipment and they always seemed to break within a month... Anyway what's going on?
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 4, 2021, 9:47:43 PM
I'm thinking of building a new rig this year too, will see what the supply chain is like in a month or 2.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
moedexter wrote:
Alienware is a BIG NO NO. And just look for a gaming PC on Facebook Marketplace. It's almost a guarantee that most of custom built PCs from marketplace are better than most PCs online.

Edit: whatcha mean OOS? I believe many sources are still operational - Newegg and Amazon for one.

Curious, other it's price, why not Alienware?
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Everything has been out of stock for a while now, due to factory shutdowns (pandemic) and now because of demand from console launches also stressed those manufacturing centers. A couple of channels I used to watch predict, 3060 etc won't be available until 2nd quarter in quantity. But yes, OEM do get certain cards due to contracts I assume but not sure if those are really the best ones like EVGA or Asus (at least many like those brands). SSD and memory should be ok really unless you are going for exotic high-end maybe. Used graphics card prices also very high right now.
"
"
moedexter wrote:

Curious, other it's price, why not Alienware?

I'm on alienware Aurora R7 and it's terrible. The cooling system defeats the purpose of having a gaming PC because it doesn't have a great CPU cooler(stock cooler in mine) or fans in general. The stuff inside is cluttered leaving no airflow and hard to clean. I really think my hardware in this PC are wearing out faster, I'm sure it will die in a year. I was never meant to have this because my dad was very ignorant and wanted to surprise me. My custom built PC died all of the sudden one day, I guessed it was from electricity surge even though I have surge protected outlets.

And the sidepanel is the worst design ever. I cannot close it anymore.

As for OP looking for specific hardware parts, should try Facebook Marketplace like I said for whole PC or just parts.
"
Kyocera

That is one brand i´m never again going to touch a product from.
After ~10years of solarpanels the soldering broke indicating a cold-joint, which happens when you don´t heat the solder to 500degrees, with time this creates cracks in the connection.
Coldjoints could be easyly checked with a microscope--> more expensive.
Got the plates refunded, thats how it works with panels, i just hope they last another 8 years to cover the investmentplan.
Alternatively i could have sat on the roof all day and press my finger against the back of the panels manually flicking the "now its a switch"-weld on.

Does moving heavy equiment mean "lots of vibrations" ?
Maybe i should update my opinion about their qualitycontrol.

(besides that other company that produces frequenzy converters which shoots transistors at you)
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-guide-excellent-soldering/common-problems <--- COMMON problems or "Electrical surge when the company refuses waranty"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info