Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

heya!

i like the idea behind this build and even i'm not the biggest fan of glasscannon builds, i decided to give it a try..or at least take a big portion of the idea and see how it works.

i'm stil on the 4-link spellslinger setup and just started mapping; never played a brand build before, but this works quite well; ok..it works well most of the time; not allways. ;)
basicaly i melt regular mobs and bosses (so far) but the ultimatum trials melt me. the difficulty increase between map mobs and ultimatum ones is just insane and is actually one of the most frustrating leagues for me so far (and on top if that the loot/rewards of those trials are crap in 95% of cases..)
i just played some T1-T3 maps, but the "squishyness" is already really scary; no idea how this is going to carry me anywhere near red maps...
(maybe i should finaly complete more than just the first lab.. :D )

i have to admit that i'm rather a lazy casual-grade poe player which also results in being quite currency limited; any piece of gear for more than ~100 chaos is allready kind of expensive in my world, so something like HH, BOTB or asenath's gentle touch is way out of reach.
so i mostly try to use self-found gear and some cheap crafting options as long as it works well.
and here and there i try to buy few gear pieces that give me most "bang-for-buck" effect, gear that helps me fix the resisitance holes or i just share gear between characters until i saved enough to switch for better stuff.

here is how my build looks like now: https://pastebin.com/eWX5DdF1
(i know i'm not sticking 100% to the guide, but i think this is going to be more relevant once i reach around lvl83 for that transition to a 6-link staff-build...so please don't be too harsh on me..)

"
Sumidian wrote:
Just beat The Feared - boy they all died quickly! That was fun! Going to post my gear and take on things so far. I went with Herald of Lightning which let me use two of the Regret rings with +6% Damage per Power Charge - also these rings can get the +1 Power Charge as well and are actually less expensive than the rare versions. So something to keep an eye out for. Got a nice Watcher's Eye as I needed Purity of Elements as I only have one or two rares equipped. Got some double crit multi and resist gems too. Without Vaal or other assorted things turned on I get a conservative 8.5 million DPS per brand. Having a ton of fun so far! For some defensive tech I used Endurance on Kill boots since I still have the Inspired Learning with the extra EC node. Also use Vaal Grace too.

Just copied what your setup is and WOW, having a much easier time with things, thanks for posting!
Got a question about cinderswallow. Supposedly I need "add fire damage to spells" on a jewel slot to get the 10% increased damaged taken. But wave of conviction already does fire damage, and if I'm up against a boss I'll be casting wave of conviction anyway.

So is added fire damage to spells really necessary? I already blow up anything rare and below anyway.

Edit: So my two large cluster jewels have widespread destruction (+6%aoe + +20%eledamage) at the ends. I'm thinking about unallocating the 4 points to get to widespread destruction and moving them elsewhere. How important is the aoe that I'm potentially taking away?
Last edited by radiostar01 on May 16, 2021, 9:27:40 PM
I can't seem to survive t13+ ultimatum's. What should i add or adjust?

https://pastebin.com/DzcS9VLh
"
XenJerec wrote:

You're reaching the phase where you'll have to drop quite a bit of currency to see any real improvement, e.g. 6l inpulsa, 2x void batteries, double vermillion rings, power charge helm and the big passive tree rework where you need to accommodate 2 large cluster jewels and 3 more medium cluster jewels. Not to mention inspired learning and cinderswallow. Balancing dex needs and resistances gets pretty tricky past here since if you plan to get the unique gloves and boots, you need to get your resistances from the rings and helm.

Cost me about 1500c and 3ex (plus another 10ex to 'attempt' an optimal helm) to transition from agnerod to the above. Personally I thought the build felt horrible pre-transition, but then I was pushing my luck with red maps.

For as much as I want to say that an inspired learning and a cinderswallow may solve your ultimatum issues, on second thought I was being naive. I think you need much more damage for red ultimatums to feel decent, and that means making some attempt at a transition to 10 power charges.
Last edited by radiostar01 on May 16, 2021, 5:10:27 AM
Thx for the guide, I feel super strong this league thanks to it.

Running Asenath's gloves now and I want to ask for your opinions on Zealotry vs. Discipline.
"
radiostar01 wrote:
"
XenJerec wrote:

You're reaching the phase where you'll have to drop quite a bit of currency to see any real improvement, e.g. 6l inpulsa, 2x void batteries, double vermillion rings, power charge helm and the big passive tree rework where you need to accommodate 2 large cluster jewels and 3 more medium cluster jewels. Not to mention inspired learning and cinderswallow. Balancing dex needs and resistances gets pretty tricky past here since if you plan to get the unique gloves and boots, you need to get your resistances from the rings and helm.

Cost me about 1500c and 3ex (plus another 10ex to 'attempt' an optimal helm) to transition from agnerod to the above. Personally I thought the build felt horrible pre-transition, but then I was pushing my luck with red maps.

For as much as I want to say that an inspired learning and a cinderswallow may solve your ultimatum issues, on second thought I was being naive. I think you need much more damage for red ultimatums to feel decent, and that means making some attempt at a transition to 10 power charges.

I actually have 2 void batteries in my stash. At what point should I equip them? After I get a 6l inpulsa? I think I may be stuck with a 5link unless my rng or free time IRL changes lol
Hey,
thanks for the guide.

I was wondering why you don't need the +1 Curse from the tree when using ele weakness gloves + assasins mark.

Hey!

First of all, thanks for the complete and comprehensive guide, it really has been helping me a lot, loved the playstile and the progression offered through the guide feels very smooth.

I only have one question. Is there any reason not to use a enchanted crown of the inward as a midrange helm? I've been using it and it really boosts my defenses while also giving some damage.

Thank you!
Hi Fellas,

I've rerolled 3 trime this season and this was the build wich gave me joy :)

I'm at that point where I'd like to reach the higher level possible but I'm struggling with the amount of dexterity needed..

and can't afford a HH atm..

here is my POB if you see any kind of improvements : https://pastebin.com/xp4AqAJL

Thanks a lot

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info