Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

I'm excited to try this next league. I'm running a crappy 40-50 ex version of this build for the first time this league. As I mentioned previously this was a ton of fun.

I tried building a 50 ex BF/BB inquisitor that's all the rage. 150m dps blah blah. It melts bosses faster than this build, but not by as much as I thought. And clear was way way worse.

Even though this build explodes if you look at it sideways, its just so much fun to play.
I have updated the guide for 3.14. I will provide further updates as more info on Ultimatum is released, but I am finally recommending this build as league start viable with the new lightning slinger and MoM PoBs.

The build is also much tankier now. Enjoy guys!
How well will this build scale with a aurabot?

We are planning to play as a duo with my friend.
He will be playing aurabot while i will play carry.
We were thinking about playing stormbrand + aurabot untill atlas completation and then after respec into penance brand for delirium map farming.
Thanks so much for updating the leveling part of the guide Fyregrass, it helps a LOT people like me.
I tried the build but had a few problems transitioning to SB (very low playtime last league too).

It's just insane that guys like you spend so much time doing this for the community :)
Last edited by Grosbool on Apr 7, 2021, 10:15:11 AM
"
Fyregrass wrote:
I have updated the guide for 3.14. I will provide further updates as more info on Ultimatum is released, but I am finally recommending this build as league start viable with the new lightning slinger and MoM PoBs.

I opened out of curiosity this part
"

10 Power Charges (Void Batteries): https://pastebin.com/pbT2xXfj
eHP: ~5.5k
DPS: ~3m per Brand
Price: 40ex

There's a HH in there.

Is this a mistake? Because there's no way one can afford a HH in 40ex, let alone that entire build.

Also, what's the deal with hydrosphere in weapon swap?
Last edited by Cry0nicS on Apr 7, 2021, 12:44:16 PM
"
Cry0nicS wrote:

There's a HH in there.

Is this a mistake? Because there's no way one can afford a HH in 40ex, let alone that entire build.

Yup, Hubris Circlet like that without proper harvest crafting, HH, bottled faith (which is usually for at least a month into the league fairly expensive) and 3 large clusters with Storm Drinker+Vengeful Commander will cost you minimally double that.

If you switch Replica Soul Tether here (which is 1ex usually, 3+ for a good corrupted one), then it's maybe doable. And some items in 12 PC probably should be switched around to 40ex build, it would work then.
And looking at 12 PC PoB, rings with only PC implicit that are ilvl 81+ will each easily cost 100+ ex after about a month or so into the league if you wanna actually own them, and not fracture them from somebody. Even moderately well crafted ilvl 69 rings go for 120+ ex. Let alone rings with PC+% max Life implicit.
Last edited by Anackk on Apr 7, 2021, 4:38:25 PM
"
Cry0nicS wrote:
"
Fyregrass wrote:

I opened out of curiosity this part
"

10 Power Charges (Void Batteries): https://pastebin.com/pbT2xXfj
eHP: ~5.5k
DPS: ~3m per Brand
Price: 40ex

There's a HH in there.

Also, what's the deal with hydrosphere in weapon swap?

That is a mistake. I have 8 PoBs internally and I accidentally posted the one with HH and not replica soul tether, going to fix that one up ASAP.

Hydrosphere is also a mistake, these PoBs come from real characters I made and then I tweak them from there and I was levelling HS to test something with it, in the other PoB I deleted it from the set up but since I posted the wrong PoB well it showed up. Thanks for bringing this to my attention
"
Anackk wrote:
"
Cry0nicS wrote:

There's a HH in there.

Yup, Hubris Circlet like that without proper harvest crafting, HH, bottled faith (which is usually for at least a month into the league fairly expensive) and 3 large clusters with Storm Drinker+Vengeful Commander will cost you minimally double that.

If you switch Replica Soul Tether here (which is 1ex usually, 3+ for a good corrupted one), then it's maybe doable. And some items in 12 PC probably should be switched around to 40ex build, it would work then.
And looking at 12 PC PoB, rings with only PC implicit that are ilvl 81+ will each easily cost 100+ ex after about a month or so into the league if you wanna actually own them, and not fracture them from somebody. Even moderately well crafted ilvl 69 rings go for 120+ ex. Let alone rings with PC+% max Life implicit.

I had the wrong PoB entirely, it's been fixed now. That is really quite embarassing.
Im from ger. i love you guild. Gj
If you're willing to play a bit of a longer game for the elevated explode chest in 3.14, you can somewhat deterministically guarantee explode without having to alt spam.

1. Get a level 85 crusader chest.

2. Spam Reroll/Reroll+ Phys harvest crafts until you have both "Phys taken as Lightning" and "Reflects Phys to Melee Attackers".

3. You need 1 open prefix and 1 open suffix, so YOLO annul as needed.

4. Craft Prefixes cannot be changed.

5. Use a Reroll or Reroll+ Phys harvest craft. This guarantees the explode mod.

6. YOLO annul Phys taken as lightning, and make sure you have an open suffix.

You can pick up on Fyre's crafting steps at step 5. This method will take longer as you farm up the crafts, but should be quite a bit cheaper than alt spamming unless you fail step 6 a bunch of times or annuls are super expensive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info