Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

Can this build run 100% delirium without the self-poison trick and HH?

And next league, with nerfed harvest and no ritual access to synthesis bases, is it going to be a lot harder to get +1 max charge rings? And if so, then will this build take a massive hit on dps?

Curious because I really wanna play this again next league :)
"

And next league, with nerfed harvest and no ritual access to synthesis bases, is it going to be a lot harder to get +1 max charge rings? And if so, then will this build take a massive hit on dps?

I figure most people piloting this build will die in 100% delirium without HH/Inspired Learning stacks. And the synergy between self poison and HH makes picking only one problematic. Self-poison scales explodey and MS, indirectly shortening the dangerous period when we lack HH stacks. Then HH becomes an even bigger crutch if we lose Mistwalker and become susceptible to crits.

Worst case scenario: the price floor for +1 power rings rises to Fractured Fossil/Fenumal Plagued Arachnid + "mirror" fee. An even worse outcome depends on things we don't know yet, like whether and exactly how GGG will nerf split bases/fracturing.

What we do know is that all three woke items in this build have an influenced prefix+suffix. So they can't be fixed without the risk of rolling over or annulling an influenced mod. Worst case scenario: we brick our suffixes with all woke crafts and can't sell them. We could cover up to 189% total elemental resists (63% to all x3) with Grand Spectrum (crimson) jewels. This costs us roughly 1M DPS/9.3M and 300 life/3.6k on the "God Tier" PoB.

Edit: -3 rare DPS jewels + 2 Inspired Learning (including filler notables) + Golden Rule => 8M DPS/3.3k life. -6 rare DPS jewels + 2 IL + Golden Rule +3 Grand Spectrum => 7M DPS/3k life/GS bonus. 3 Grand Spectrum viridian jewels are worth about 1.2M DPS (comparable to 3 double multi jewels). Both setups include three other sockets for added chaos, leech Watcher's Eye, and Timeless Jewel.
--nologo -ns
Last edited by Foeglas on Mar 30, 2021, 4:53:17 PM
Thanks for the extensive guide!

Is this build feasible to use as a league starter?
Thank you for the build. It's very fun to play and it's strong.
This was my second character of Ritual League and I'm very happy with how it turned out. Downs A9 Sirus before he can finish everlasting fire, Cortex, Maven Breachlords, etc pretty comfortably in it's current state. Have not tried customising for 100% deli but very sure it can't do it in it's current state. Can do Wave 20 Simulacrum with a HH though, can make it to wave 17 without. It's not a super endgame character but it took me far enough to profit farm most things in the game which I'm happy with. I made a few modifications to better suit what I wanted based on my previous Heist HoT Autobomber build which had a similar tree.

Spoiler

Last edited by theoddphantom on Apr 2, 2021, 4:05:58 AM
What's the avg investment in the build in order to do red maps?
I'm trying to figure out if it's a good league start - as in cheap so I can get to red maps with little investment (assuming no lucky drops in first week)
This build is very fun.
I started it after about a month into the league from poe.ninja/builds but was actually making this build mostly. Very fast and powerful, with 70%+ lightning pen everything just dies instantly.
I even tried making the speedy version (hence badge and not +1 int +1 light skill gems amulet) work with 4 auras (wrath, zealotry, discipline, HoT); it is playable but very janky because there's just not enough RMR brand clusters in a league. ATM I use Discipline instead Herald of Thunder because I just don't need any more damage; also why I don't have Vaal RF, even in 100% deli. I'ts all about QoL after some point (somewhere around 3rd crit multi jewel I think, lol). And it becomes progressively harder to min-max it further at some point.

And Harvest is retarded profit, I'll miss it. I really think reforge keep prefixes/suffixes is most broken thing in the game for what it sells for, esp when you combine it with woking two prefixes/suffixes together.

Lightning version; I still need to fix T2 Life on Gloves/Boots

And some gear for CotB version; helmet was an apsolute bitch to craft, failed elevating crit 8 times (5 out of those i lost elevated hypothermia and Maven was around 13ex then) so I just gave up and finished it. Steps to craft it are easy actually, just that Maven's Orb will apsolutely fuck you sometimes. Gloves need r/a resist (also I forgot to quality the base to 30 because I'm a retard). And elevating Frenzy there is a waste of money (as is elevating power charge on helmet). Amulet needs r/a life + crit + caster.

I have a couple of days to finish it, and then I'm done with PoE for a couple of months.
Last edited by Anackk on Apr 7, 2021, 7:38:52 PM
all your gear is so nice. it kindve makes me want to give up gaming bcuz im too casual to achieve anything like that
Nah man, I just take a couple of days off of work on leaguestart, nolife really hard first 3-4 days of the league (and also be a little bitch and snipe +1 power/frenzy rings on day 1 or 2 when they are super super cheap and resell them for stupid profit; that's why I spend all I have left on league ends to buy stuff for noobs, to reset the karma :D) and earn most of the currency for the rest of he league then. After that I usually play on weekends.
And proprerly setup harvest/Zana farming will earn you 100+ex daily from just selling seeds (for me over the weekends usually). If you actually craft something, it just goes up exponentially. And if you're greedy or don't have time to grind missions, just force Zana with prime sextants (althought this can be frustrating as fuck due to RNG sometimes).
And crafting 90% of items (disregarding items with shit like abysal sockets or 4 elevated mod items) is really not that hard, find two mods that you want that are both prefixes/suffixes (elevated or no is up to preference and available currency), woke them together, clean the item, aug shit or reforge keeping pref/suf if you need something harder and r/a+reroll to perfection.

I did four of these for missions
Unavailable

and four of these for getting harvest in said missions
Unavailable

I started the build with only brand clusters (no resists on them), chest that literally only had frenzy+explode (so cost of woke orb + harvest chaos seeds spam), random rings/amu/belt, Void Batteries (40c each), Replica Soul Tether (1ex) and power charge stacking tree. So after that initial let's say 6-7ex of investment you can do T16 atolls and you invest everything that you earn afterwards into those watchstones. Once you have that, it snowballs really really fast.
And some stuff like gloves and helm are really easy to make if you don't go for 6 t1 mods.
Last edited by Anackk on Apr 5, 2021, 2:24:29 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
bankai1009 wrote:

Lack of synth bases causes us to take a hit, but realistically the +1 rings will show up a little later than usual.

Something I intend to include in the update to the build are Crusader/Shaper vermillion rings that awaken slam Lightning damage per power charge + lightning damage to spells, then craft prefixes can’t be changed > scour > multimods resists and possibly life if there is room.

We also ditch our woke slammed gloves for synth curse on hit gloves now and run a blind/cull curse jewel, and our endgame set up will use a badge of the Brotherhood + Explode/FCOH chest.

3.14 changes will definitely nerf this build, but not any more than most other high end builds. BV builds are getting nuked harder.

We’re also gonna drop replica inya’s because we need boots for high resist and life rolls now, additionally I’m adding an enduring composure + immortal call set up to the build for added defensive mileage.

Over the next week I’m going to record a league starter video guide and release a preliminary update to this forum guide, there’s a lot of work to be done and I’ve just finished spending the last month simulating SSF and non SSF league starts to get a good feel for our new options heading into the league. This build is definitely still going to be great, and the fact that everything else is being nerfed merely means that while we hit our final set up slower, so will everyone else, so you won’t feel nerfed given that everyone else takes the hit.

Something to note is that many top builds such as BV and Minions lose 8 link Helms while we do not so we may actually come out a lot stronger.

Due to the harvest nerfs I’m expecting them to leave self poison untouched as it would be too large a nerf in one go, though it might still happen. This build will still require HH to do deli maps smoothly, it has nothing to do with damage but more to do with the fact that HH adds so much survivability in an environment where constant lag and FPS drops are occurring.

One way look at things is that in a way, we’re kind of being buffed. With minions, BV, COC and other builds getting nuked so hard from harvest nerfs and us getting off lightly, we are now stronger in comparison to those builds. Since power is mostly relative, this means we’re better off. To think of it this way, let’s say a certain player used to take 7 days to gear for clearing 100% deli maps, in 3.14 he might take 9 days on Storm brand, but 12 for BV, and therefore, Storm brand players will be able to access those loot tables sooner and can generate a relatively larger profit than people maining BV.

Last edited by Fyregrass on Apr 6, 2021, 12:32:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info