Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

Very fun build indeed.
Last edited by Gibbonsj01 on Mar 2, 2021, 7:22:05 PM
This is by far the most in-depth and detailed post I've read, great work on this excellent guide!

I was looking for an assassin build to level as a placeholder to transition into an int stacking KB/PS build, but this was so fun that I've ended up committing into it entirely and spending more money on some of the premium options. I just had a quick question, I'm going to start buying more premium gear, and for my first big purchase I have just enough to buy a headhunter. Doing that loses corrupted soul and about 1.2k ES because of that. Do I buy the timeless jewel for corrupted soul instead? Or do I just take the 1.2K ES loss as a tradeoff for the headhunter? Thanks a lot!
"
This is by far the most in-depth and detailed post I've read, great work on this excellent guide!

I was looking for an assassin build to level as a placeholder to transition into an int stacking KB/PS build, but this was so fun that I've ended up committing into it entirely and spending more money on some of the premium options. I just had a quick question, I'm going to start buying more premium gear, and for my first big purchase I have just enough to buy a headhunter. Doing that loses corrupted soul and about 1.2k ES because of that. Do I buy the timeless jewel for corrupted soul instead? Or do I just take the 1.2K ES loss as a tradeoff for the headhunter? Thanks a lot!

You would take corrupted soul on timeless. I do question your decision to buy a HH while you have other gear to upgrade like Helm, rings, chest and a lot more crit jewels. HH was my last upgrade and only to start running 100% dellies.
Last edited by roetetoet on Mar 3, 2021, 5:29:27 PM
"
roetetoet wrote:
"

You would take corrupted soul on timeless. I do question your decision to buy a HH while you have other gear to upgrade like Helm, rings, chest and a lot more crit jewels. HH was my last upgrade and only to start running 100% dellies.

Ooooh I see, I literally just bought a HH right now but I can resell it to prioritize other upgrades, I didn't do the chest/badge upgrade because the guide mentioned that the chest upgrade is just a small increase so I went with HH first. I'm also mostly harbinger farming so I figured HH would do wonders there, but I'll definitely focus on things like the helm and ring instead, thanks for your input =)

Update: So after playing with the HH for a while this thing skyrockets my clear speed and I haven't died once, so I'm guessing you don't need the corrupted soul defense if you're murdering everything. I'll probably hold onto it and keep farming, but I will definitely focus on upgrading my ring and helm first, followed by jewels.
Last edited by DeluxeSandwich on Mar 3, 2021, 7:04:09 PM
This is by miles the build that got me far into the end game... never done frac maps before and Im doing it now.

But I dont know what else I should upgrade next (got about 100ex), any suggestions will be much appreciated:
https://pastebin.com/dmNzyrKe

tks guys
Last edited by Agulha_Negr4 on Mar 4, 2021, 11:08:42 AM
Really interested in this build as my last build of the league. Farming valdos rest currently to get some ex for it, aiming for the "premium" before farming to get that god tier.

Can I just say that this is probably the most detailed guide I've seen, the links, the explanations are just top tier. No BS PoB, nothing. Just a good guide.

Top stuff dude.

You wouldn't happen to have a sirius fight on video?

Cheers

Edit: crafted the helm!
Last edited by Coatesy on Mar 4, 2021, 5:46:23 AM
Hi guys a question, i saw that many have 1 ring with "curse of hit" and wave + hextouch + curse.
Why since you can only apply one curse at a time?
Sorry for my english, made in google translate :|
"
Jin86 wrote:
Hi guys a question, i saw that many have 1 ring with "curse of hit" and wave + hextouch + curse.
Why since you can only apply one curse at a time?

The wave of conviction setup is to put a stronger curse and lightning exposure on bosses. The curse on hit setup is for general mapping.
"
Agulha_Negr4 wrote:
This is by miles the build that got me far into the end game... never done frac maps before and Im doing it now.

But I dont know what else I should upgrade next (got about 100ex), any suggestions will be much appreciated:
https://pastebin.com/dmNzyrKe

tks guys

Craft or buy 8 socket helmet with storm brand enchant, 60ex+. Get 3 multi + hp on all jewel sockets.

Finally crafted my body after elevating lightning damage taken SEVEN times.

Need help/criticism on how to clean it up.

My logic:

1. Harvest remove chaos (phys damage taken as chaos).
2. Bench craft suffixes cannot be changed.
3. Remove mana with non-phys to phys (hoping to hit either damage taken as lightning or chaos) ***
4. Remove lightning or chaos
5. Aug everything I need back on

*** I have a much higher chance of hitting reflect on step 3 which I think would sort of screw me since I couldn’t target remove without risking losing explode, but I’m telling myself it’s still better than mana.

Is there a different way forward? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by TwoTime9394 on Mar 5, 2021, 1:55:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info