Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

i've done storm brand boss killers before and been satisfied, but damn this one is enjoyable
"
xNinjakiller wrote:
Hi, I am currently playing by having brand recall on left click and storm brand on right click. So I'm just casting brand recall on cooldown while manually using storm brand. Is this the optimal playstyle?

Bumping this because I have the same question. Do I just cast 5 brands and then recall by moving around, or am I constantly recasting brand?
That is typical p/s of storm brand - use recall and only cast SB when you don't have 5.

His guide implies as much in aura section:
"You should only run the first set up if you have a watcher's eye with Wrath and Zealotry mods. Otherwise the second set up will provide much more comfortable mapping offering a solid amount of life and mana regen passively, letting you hold brand recall down on left click without ever running OOM"

That said - personally I added steelskin to LMB and am manually BRing. During the build up phase (one to two jewel clusters and semi-budget gear) I found BR was pulling brands away from half-dead packs and then having to jump back to finish them off, and also since the build is squishy I decided to have SS up 100% of time over optimization of BR. I'm at a dmg level now between premium and god tier pobs (6.9 mil vs 5mil premium, 8+mil god) and I probably could swap but honestly don't have any issues with the BR <edit> key press - at this point SB has such massive area of attachment it zaps the mobs all over the place anyway (when I pop legion with lots of lieutenants and stuff - most of them all die off screen for example)
Last edited by Unshiftables on Mar 1, 2021, 2:50:15 PM
Anyone have experience with 100% deli and changing for penance & phys to lightning as opposed to storm brand? Does anyone find it to be a noticeable difference?
Last edited by Bvbee on Mar 1, 2021, 2:47:36 PM
"
Bvbee wrote:
Anyone have experience with 100% deli and changing for penance & phys to lightning as opposed to storm brand? Does anyone find it to be a noticeable difference?

Penance Brand is definitely better for 100% deli, but you cant blindly swap to it. Play around with PoB and use the Penance Brand breakpoint sheet to get 17-20 explosion stack.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uqXMR5hh4dL1z6ZKJkrVTxzy-WzZMPAxM_6y7TTMblA/edit#gid=0

"
Jzuo wrote:
"
Bvbee wrote:

Penance Brand is definitely better for 100% deli, but you cant blindly swap to it. Play around with PoB and use the Penance Brand breakpoint sheet to get 17-20 explosion stack.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uqXMR5hh4dL1z6ZKJkrVTxzy-WzZMPAxM_6y7TTMblA/edit#gid=0

Thanks for the response, i filled in the spreadsheet and it equalled to having 24 explosion stacks. Any idea how i could get it to be in the 17-20 range? First brand skill i've ever played so i am absolutely clueless lmao

https://pastebin.com/Kcd3vu35 pob if it is of any help
Last edited by Bvbee on Mar 1, 2021, 4:31:46 PM
"
Bvbee wrote:
"
Jzuo wrote:
"
Bvbee wrote:

Thanks for the response, i filled in the spreadsheet and it equalled to having 24 explosion stacks. Any idea how i could get it to be in the 17-20 range? First brand skill i've ever played so i am absolutely clueless lmao

https://pastebin.com/Kcd3vu35 pob if it is of any help

One solution is to lower brand duration, can't say for sure how much.
Just by removing the whole Brand Equity circle in your tree gives you 17 explosion stack.
Another option is to change Medium Cluster node Grand Design to Remarkable to lower brand duration

Try it out if you want, probably will not be a huge difference to Storm Brand - the 17 explosion stack does approx 8m damage with your setup. If your Storm Brand DPS is close to that, its probably better to stay on Storm Brand.
Alright i have to say something.

I started this league as a DI ignite elementalist. While it was solid and carried me through everything (as all good league starters should), it lacked the scaling potential, and the gameplay was clunky at best when doing end game bosses.

I rolled an assassin for a CoC ice nova build but disliked it. Then i saw this build and said fuck it lets try it. At first, i didn't like it. Extremely squishy, damage ok but not terrific, i spent like tens of exalts and i was a bit disappointed.

And then i read the guide like five times, all through, and continued building my char. PoB'd the fuck out of everything. And now here i am, with the best character i've ever had, trivializing all content from maps to A9 Sirus, all maven fights including the feared the hidden etc...

Granted i droppped a fucking mirror while doing 100 deli maps, and got to a premium++ build today, including perfect jewels, rings, 12 power charges and all. But this build is such a blast to play !

So yeah, i'm not really sure if you can league start with it, but i definitly will be doing another one next league as a second character. Thanks a lot for the build, everything is so well explained, it's fucking awesome !
Just want to say that I finally beat A8 Sirus deathless and all the endgames, also, Maven's quest with ease.

This build really kicks the boss' asses.

This will be my starter build next league.

Last edited by Gibbonsj01 on Mar 2, 2021, 7:21:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info