⛵☁️[3.25] The Arachnophobia Allstars| Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 150M+

"
Chromino wrote:
"
Keynomaru2 wrote:
Been looking for a tanky bossing character. Is 20ex fair enough to get this started?

Hi Keynomaru2,

in these days you get a very nice set-up around 18 exalts for lvl 100 and Sirus A9.

Around 30 exalts you need for high optimized gear. For b.i.s. gear with a better empower gem or a better watcher's eye you need 10 more.

Aul's, helmet with enchant, body armour, large clusters some exalts, all other gear is not expensive.

On page 50 you find all trade-links.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705/page/50

Spoiler

I wanted to go Memory Vault(130c with enchant seemed pretty cheap to me) with gravebind quality of life and accepting a lvl3 empower. Can the build still function good?
Last edited by Keynomaru2 on Dec 10, 2021, 12:20:30 PM
"
Keynomaru2 wrote:
"
Chromino wrote:
"
Keynomaru2 wrote:
Been looking for a tanky bossing character. Is 20ex fair enough to get this started?

Hi Keynomaru2,

in these days you get a very nice set-up around 18 exalts for lvl 100 and Sirus A9.

Around 30 exalts you need for high optimized gear. For b.i.s. gear with a better empower gem or a better watcher's eye you need 10 more.

Aul's, helmet with enchant, body armour, large clusters some exalts, all other gear is not expensive.

On page 50 you find all trade-links.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705/page/50

Spoiler

I wanted to go Memory Vault(130c with enchant seemed pretty cheap to me) with gravebind quality of life and accepting a lvl3 empower. Can the build still function good?

Yes, it can. But memory vault's unique downside with increased efficiencies is hard to counter in 3.16. I advice to a better cheap rare helmet instead with high es or b.i.s. Eber's unification. Memory vault is only 4. (or 5.) choice.

Gravebinds are great for mapping with qol but less damage/virulences! For bossing triad gripes or rare with integrated faster casting are b.i.s. It's easy to try out cheap gravebinds and then decide what you prefer.

"
sidp2201 wrote:
Thank you so much,
Even without boss gems( I forgot to change), I got my first Sirus kill and that too A9. I died a few times as I am not familiar with all his stages but I did not think that I would be able to kill him before.

This build has spoilt me so much.. I dont think I can play any other build from now.

Hehe, thank you a lot sidp2201! Strong is the Arachnophilia!
Just to be sure, Grace and it's related gear is only usful if you have a Iron refelxes/Ghost Dance skin right?
"
Keynomaru2 wrote:
Just to be sure, Grace and it's related gear is only usful if you have a Iron refelxes/Ghost Dance skin right?

No, grace ìs b.i.s. for defences and more then doubled with every skin of the lords / skin of the loyals and increased aura efects. It's central in the defences, take it as soon, when possible as second aura after the first aura determination. You can start or go without grace, but it offers much, much tankyness in every set-up.
Last edited by Chromino on Dec 11, 2021, 10:14:43 AM
Best ranking how to activate the auras is ranked at the bottom of the spoiler "gear, skills, links" section boots.

On page 50 in the tradelinks are workarounds to activate it with "sublime form" on a small cluster and "self-control" even when you miss aul's uprising.
Okay, I don't know about the actual build yet, but the leveling section alone feels like a huge mess. Or I'm extremely dumb. Or both.

Some of the gem levels make no sense, some skills are in 7-links with alt quality gems, nothing is really clearly stated and at Dominus my Storm Brand with Faster Casting does more damage than the 6-linked HoA.
"
RXA623 wrote:
Okay, I don't know about the actual build yet, but the leveling section alone feels like a huge mess. Or I'm extremely dumb. Or both.

Some of the gem levels make no sense, some skills are in 7-links with alt quality gems, nothing is really clearly stated and at Dominus my Storm Brand with Faster Casting does more damage than the 6-linked HoA.

Hi RXA623, please change your profile from private or post a pob if you need or want some tipps.

The added supports are not deleted because with corrupted sockets of skin of the lords you need to choose flexible the fitting supports also for mana.

You can take also a look in the spoilers "Tipps for starting and levelling", "checklist damage" and "the dirty scorpion tail" for the details.
Last edited by Chromino on Dec 11, 2021, 3:42:55 PM
Hi there!

Thanks Chromino for this guide and nice build! Every league I try somethning new and this time it's HoA Guardian. The guide is so big that sometimes I get confused about it (and English is not my native language, so sometimes I'm doubly confused :) )

Can you check my char and give some advice how to cheaply improve my offensive? I feel like i hit the wall with it. Feel comfortable in maps, but not enough dps for bossing (maven as example), no problem with sirius. I know I need more lvl, 2nd large offensive cluster for bigger dps, but mb i miss something importatnt in my current state?
"
Chromino wrote:
Hi RXA623, please change your profile from private or post a pob if you need or want some tipps.

The added supports are not deleted because with corrupted sockets of skin of the lords you need to choose flexible the fitting supports also for mana.

You can take also a look in the spoilers "Tipps for starting and levelling", "checklist damage" and "the dirty scorpion tail" for the details.

Thanks, but I'll manage the rough levelling. It got slightly better levelling as HoA, although I'm pretty sure I'd get a lot better results by just sticking with totems or anything else.

Not trying to complain here for no reason, it's just that compared to how expansive the end-game sections of the guide are, the levelling section just seems... Difficult to follow, I guess? I can figure it out after a bunch of staring and thinking, but it's not as clear as I'm used to. To give some examples, so this doesn't look like a baseless rant:

- there is no clear mention of having to keep up with HoA Dex requirement (needing like 60 extra Dex at level 50+, before being able to equip Circles of Nostalgia), not a huge deal, but involves a lot of swaps as I go, unless I roll with Astramentis (which I found mentioned in a single line in the PoB notes wall of text).

- Stygian Vise with 40ES, 165% Ele Resists, 500+ Armour and 57 Mana is in the levelling set,

- skills section has "First Herald if you love your crawler" and "First Herald, Herald of Purity if speed levelling", but both show the exact same HoA setups,

- levelling in Acts 1-3 in skills section has gem setups for a 2-link Freezing Pulse and a 1-link Holy Flame Totem, without any link suggestions, which I don't think is an optimal levelling setup, but it also has Summon Holy Relic with Feeding Frenzy (available at level 31), so I guess it is kinda updated for the later parts of the levelling?

- the Act 3-10 gem section has a bunch of stuff and I can't decide if it wants me to run everything at once, just parts of it or what. It lists "Grace OR Determination for levelling", but thus far 6-link HoA reserves 85% mana, so no idea where I could possibly stick another 50% aura without getting to the cluster jewels or Circles of Nostalgia/The Coming Calamity first, and level 50+ required for both makes me wonder at what point should I get all the other gems in that section (if ever),

- levelling skill tree for Storm Brand/Holy Flame Totems ends at 32 points, focuses on Glancing Blows and defense, doesn't even get to Ancestral Bond or any significant damage boost, which coupled with the HFT 1-link in the skills section would make for an extremely slow and painful boss-killing.

Again, not saying any of this is a disaster, but it feels like the guide (at least the levelling portion, suffers from too much information/options added at different times, making it confusing overall.
Last edited by RXA623 on Dec 12, 2021, 2:43:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info