[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

Stupid question can i use this build for league starter sir? i mean it's ok with pretty low currency and can carry me to high tier map? Thanks a lot for your answer and your works <3
"
Dassort wrote:
Stupid question can i use this build for league starter sir? i mean it's ok with pretty low currency and can carry me to high tier map? Thanks a lot for your answer and your works <3

Yes, you can use this build as a league starter.

Before Level 60
We will be using Holy Flame Totems as written in "09. Leveling Guide" of the guide. Although I suggested a few things to buy(Not including those from NPC) from Trade, you can do without them if you want and still do Ok.

Cost: Nothing except some small currency buying gems from NPC and crafting the Fire Wands.

After level 60 until Low Tier Red Maps
We will convert to Elemental Hit Ballista Totem. The items required are listed in "10. Budget Equipment Details" which should cost around 40c. This should be good enough to cover you till low tier red maps.

Cost: 40c

Progressing into High Tier Red Maps
This will be the next step after "10. Budget Equipment Details" and for this we will go for 2 things, Kaom's Heart and Lethal Pride(Akoya).

Cost: The cost for this varies depending on when you reach this stage in the league. Earlier = More Expensive, Later = Cheaper. I would say estimated around 1 to 3 ex.

With the 2 items and a decent Character Level, you will be ready for the high Tier Red Maps.

Hope the above gives a good overview for you :)

Regards
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Last edited by Vei on Mar 20, 2021, 3:39:24 PM
I changed up my gear a bit over the last weeks, doing a lot of self crafting and just derping around, but I do say this build does scale quite nicely with end game gear as well.

Only thing I really need now is a +4 corrupted Frostferno, but the market is empty and my own have so far bricked :)

A little showcase of my items and setup (I dropped blood rage and put in an enlighten for more accuracy from Precision, not that I really needed it in the end):

Spoiler

I also got some nice jewels and cluster jewel as seen here (Ascendant version):

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/aaOzymandias/AngryInvisibleWoman?type=depthsolo&i=3&search=type%3Ddepthsolo%26class%3DAscendant%26allskill%3DElemental-Hit%26minlevel%3D97

Other than the +4 Frostferno (and replacing cold res with chaos on the ring, as well as adding ele damage quality), I don't really have any ideas of progressing the build further without spending mirrors worth of gear. Not that I am complaining, the build has been great, and I had a blast doing all content and making my own gear! The last few upgrades I have done have been rather frivolous as well, not needed at all, but heck, why not. It is fun making your own stuff, while we still got harvest :)

Interesting idea with the cast on crit sniper marks I have seen as well. I do prefer curse on hit rings, and power charge generation from frenzy (works like a charm with anomalous power charge and increased crit gem) or an extra curse on hit from awakened hextouch. Assasins Mark ring + Flammability/Weakness in glove would perhaps have been a better combo than mine in hindsight, and I might craft one for fun later if I get time, but with Easter vacation coming up... time is short and the league is closing out :)

Edit: Actually found a better quiver:
Spoiler

I guess augmenting with fire is the way to go for that one (and I hit tier 1 attack fire damage).
Last edited by aaOzymandias on Mar 21, 2021, 12:42:25 PM
I decided to see how deep I could Delve.

So far I am depth 657. Some encounters I had along the way.

Spoiler

The Grand Architect's Temple - Depth 370 - https://youtu.be/C70njdXsuyA
The Lich's Tomb - Depth 544 - https://youtu.be/e6RBaygrHnQ
The Crystal King's Throne - Depth 657 - https://youtu.be/uqH0UOY6Fc0

@Kharadas
I tried your potion change, all I can say is,

I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
"
aaOzymandias wrote:
I changed up my gear a bit over the last weeks, doing a lot of self crafting and just derping around, but I do say this build does scale quite nicely with end game gear as well.

Only thing I really need now is a +4 corrupted Frostferno, but the market is empty and my own have so far bricked :)

A little showcase of my items and setup (I dropped blood rage and put in an enlighten for more accuracy from Precision, not that I really needed it in the end):

Spoiler

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/aaOzymandias/AngryInvisibleWoman?type=depthsolo&i=3&search=type%3Ddepthsolo%26class%3DAscendant%26allskill%3DElemental-Hit%26minlevel%3D97

Other than the +4 Frostferno (and replacing cold res with chaos on the ring, as well as adding ele damage quality), I don't really have any ideas of progressing the build further without spending mirrors worth of gear. Not that I am complaining, the build has been great, and I had a blast doing all content and making my own gear! The last few upgrades I have done have been rather frivolous as well, not needed at all, but heck, why not. It is fun making your own stuff, while we still got harvest :)

You have really nice gear ;) It was sure quite some effort to craft those rings, right ?

Well we can argue about quite a few things:

1.) I suggest using Divergent Ballista Support with 23% Quality. It extends your totem range even more.

2.) You dont care so much about chaos resist and that is your choice. I am just pointing out the importance of getting more chaos resist has changed over the last few leagues and yes, i know we play softcore....

3.) The ascendant version has less damage, so getting more where ever you can in general is important. I explain at the end, what i mean by this.

4.) Just a question: Is your cluster setup more damage over other possible options ?

5.) No, you dont need mirrors worth of gear. Take a look on the market. You can get some really nice items this league.. meaning a 6 link thicket bow and then using a rare helmet instead. Just saying.

About the more damage needed and why:

Examples: I prefer to always kill fast(less hits needed per monster) and that is not the case with:
a) last waves simulacrum
b) maps with +elemental resist for monster AND/OR monster types with natural elemental/fire resist affix AND on top rare monsters with elemental resist/fire resist.
c) higher delirium monsters are very tanky
d) red beasts should always die fast(They should feel like you kill a yellow beast)

This all leads us to 120% crit chance or 10% Ele pen on boots enchant(Lab).
Last edited by Kharadas on Mar 21, 2021, 12:18:14 PM
Thanks! Indeed, the rings took some effort to craft, but was fun, and I got a bit lucky as well! And some appreciated help from my friends that had crafts they did not need :)

I had another ring I was working on, but remove/add caster have not been treating me right yet (25% for flammability, but all I have got is vulnerability/cast speed so far):

The manaregen might seem like a bit of a waste, and on a pure dps perspective it really is, but I did notice more uptime on berserk/rage with it.

Regardless, I hit what I wanted on my current Opal ring in terms of damage (a lot more than the Topaz), and it has accuracy to boot, and that let me replace my quiver today, so I am happy with that one. Just hit tier 1 flat fire to attacks as well on the quiver (I wanted a different base, but this had all the right mods and I had to do very little crafting. Besides 4 total pen is comfy):

The cluster setup does offer fire exposure, and cremation, so no more porcupines and exploding corpses. I don't need the accuracy from the Farsight and Acuity nodes, and the setup slightly edges out more dps than taking Primeval Force and Heartseeker clusters (at the cost of one more skill point). Overall I think it is very much worth it, for the better damage and better quality of life. Costs more exalts, and one more skill point, but so much better to play, and I get to use two good viridian jewels with the needed int for a better leveled Elemental Weakness (and life as a bonus, or more crit multi if one wants to even push dps more!).

Fair point about chaos resistance. I am over capped on cold right now, so my plan is to find a remove cold (or lightning, by swapping the cold to lightning then removing) to get rid of that on my ring, and I got stored some augment chaos to get it at least above the 0% mark.

I also agree on boot enchant. I want the penetration one the most. I had a long session earlier in the week trying to get it... but I had to take a break from that for a few days since the lab is so boring after several hours of running it (even with 8 tries per run) :D

Very good point about the ballista gem, I will keep a lookout for that one for sure! More range is pretty nice.

There is something to be said about the fun of the machine gun totems though ;) but joking aside, I did consider the thicket bows, and going for a blizzard crown. I might still do it if there is time left in the league to get what I want on the gear. And indeed, prices seems to be lower now than when last I checked, on a lot of stuff actually.
Last edited by aaOzymandias on Mar 21, 2021, 1:22:01 PM
"
Kharadas wrote:
"
aaOzymandias wrote:

Spoiler

You have really nice gear ;) It was sure quite some effort to craft those rings, right ?

Well we can argue about quite a few things:

1.) I suggest using Divergent Ballista Support with 23% Quality. It extends your totem range even more.

2.) You dont care so much about chaos resist and that is your choice. I am just pointing out the importance of getting more chaos resist has changed over the last few leagues and yes, i know we play softcore....

3.) The ascendant version has less damage, so getting more where ever you can in general is important. I explain at the end, what i mean by this.

4.) Just a question: Is your cluster setup more damage over other possible options ?

5.) No, you dont need mirrors worth of gear. Take a look on the market. You can get some really nice items this league.. meaning a 6 link thicket bow and then using a rare helmet instead. Just saying.

About the more damage needed and why:

Examples: I prefer to always kill fast(less hits needed per monster) and that is not the case with:
a) last waves simulacrum
b) maps with +elemental resist for monster AND/OR monster types with natural elemental/fire resist affix AND on top rare monsters with elemental resist/fire resist.
c) higher delirium monsters are very tanky
d) red beasts should always die fast(They should feel like you kill a yellow beast)

This all leads us to 120% crit chance or 10% Ele pen on boots enchant(Lab).

I know we argued about Ballista support but not here so I have to give my opinion.
If you take Point Blank and even more if you play with Chin Sol , Divergent Ballista is terrible compared to normal Ballista support.
It just just pointless , more expensive and on top of that is worse because you loose totem placement speed. Why do you want extra range on totems if you are going to put them right next to enemies? Maybe for a very little extra coverage while clearing? not worth it in my opinion. You want the faster placement if you are using Point blank to place totems as fast as you can , start dealing damage as fast as you can , and get away of the boss , you guessed right, as fast as you can. If the boss teleport and you need to replace your totems, again, having normal Ballista support help replacing them faster.
I'd only use Divergent Ballista support if im not taking Point Blank and only surely 100% recommend Divergent Ballista if you use Lioneye's Glare for Far Sight and take Arcing Shot cluster jewel notable.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2844110
I get your point, but with Scion I have pretty good placement speed due to the jewel setup. I hardly notice any practical difference with divergent or not. A slight increase with regular, sure, but it does not beat out the flexibility of the range imo.

Yes, I want to place totems close, and I often do, but I don't always get to be able to place them super close, and in some situations the range is doing lots of good work in just clearing out efficiently.

Even with reduced damage at the longest ranges, they still hit hard, but with the added bonus of even more damage upfront.

In my case the math is:

Divergent: 0.20s
All: 1.20s

Regular: 0.18s
All: 1.08s

I save 120ms by going for the regular one. For my playstlye I don't notice it personally, but I do notice the range increase.

Each to his own, but range is for me preferable :)

I have not done the math on the Templar version, so it might be different, but it seems similar.
Last edited by aaOzymandias on Mar 21, 2021, 4:27:58 PM
What can i say , to me is the exact opposite, with divergent i barely see the extra range.
All eh totems build showcase i saw doing endgame bosses put totems right on top of bosses and use Point blank which as I said it makes absolutely no sense to swap normal ballista for divergent.
It works? sure , eh is THAT powerful that making nonsense decisions like those you still get away with it but doens't change that is not optimal at all ,since is worse and on top of that is more expensive.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2844110
"
aaOzymandias wrote:

There is something to be said about the fun of the machine gun totems though ;) but joking aside, I did consider the thicket bows, and going for a blizzard crown. I might still do it if there is time left in the league to get what I want on the gear. And indeed, prices seems to be lower now than when last I checked, on a lot of stuff actually.

Nope, fire exposure from Archdemon Crown and Corrosive Elements does not stack.

You have to use a Warlord Helmet with "Nearby Enemies have -9% to Fire Resistance"

"
Since it is a debuff, multiple applications of the same exposure do not stack, only the largest value is applied.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info