[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

"
Ahewaz wrote:

Hello,
I have heard, you have your own playstyle(and a little changed passived tree).

I am not trying to critisize you, just pointing out one thing for you to think on.

Using 2 or even 3 healing flasks is your preference and that is ok.

I suggest though that you should use different types of prefixes to get an overlap of healing. That way you can press 2 flasks at same time and heal more.

This flask heals 930 life per second and also alot more total than yours per use.

Thanks for the advice, I have tried your way and have come up short. I do not like it. I prefer to get 50% ASAP as most of the time I need to heal it is because I have taken a lot of damage.

My usual flasks are 2 heals (50% instant with immunity to bleed & Ignite) - A Movement flask with immunity to freeze & 2 DPS flasks (Dying Sun & Bottled Faith).

Right now I have 3 healing flasks as I am trying to get 100 so nothing is more important than getting healed. I am running easy maps so DPS is not an issue.

On the videos, I can kill everything without dying so it works for me. It is not for everyone. The one thing you do not know is that I have bad hand/eye coordination so the 50% instant flask saves my butt lol.

I have gone through trial and error over 1.5 years of playing this build through 2 major nerfs, & have found success in my combination.

Thanks, it is always good to get advice, that is how people grow. Ask Vei sometime about the million questions I ask him per league.

Once I hit 100 (praying right now lol). I might try to change it up to see if I can play with that style. It has been a while since I tried it. You are correct that your flask setup heals a lot more. [/quote]

Sure, i understand, but this doesnt change anything to what i said:

Bubbling is 720 instant and 720 over 3 seconds, means after 1 second you healed for 960 life

Catalysed eternal life is 930 life per second and total life healed alot more.

So if you get hit for like 3000 life big hit, you will have to use 4 flask charges to get back 2900 quick.

Just try to combination of both types and you will notice a difference.
"
Kharadas wrote:
"
Ahewaz wrote:

Hello,
I have heard, you have your own playstyle(and a little changed passived tree).

I am not trying to critisize you, just pointing out one thing for you to think on.

Using 2 or even 3 healing flasks is your preference and that is ok.

I suggest though that you should use different types of prefixes to get an overlap of healing. That way you can press 2 flasks at same time and heal more.

This flask heals 930 life per second and also alot more total than yours per use.

Thanks for the advice, I have tried your way and have come up short. I do not like it. I prefer to get 50% ASAP as most of the time I need to heal it is because I have taken a lot of damage.

My usual flasks are 2 heals (50% instant with immunity to bleed & Ignite) - A Movement flask with immunity to freeze & 2 DPS flasks (Dying Sun & Bottled Faith).

Right now I have 3 healing flasks as I am trying to get 100 so nothing is more important than getting healed. I am running easy maps so DPS is not an issue.

On the videos, I can kill everything without dying so it works for me. It is not for everyone. The one thing you do not know is that I have bad hand/eye coordination so the 50% instant flask saves my butt lol.

I have gone through trial and error over 1.5 years of playing this build through 2 major nerfs, & have found success in my combination.

Thanks, it is always good to get advice, that is how people grow. Ask Vei sometime about the million questions I ask him per league.

Once I hit 100 (praying right now lol). I might try to change it up to see if I can play with that style. It has been a while since I tried it. You are correct that your flask setup heals a lot more.

Sure, i understand, but this doesnt change anything to what i said:

Bubbling is 720 instant and 720 over 3 seconds, means after 1 second you healed for 960 life

Catalysed eternal life is 930 life per second and total life healed alot more.

So if you get hit for like 3000 life big hit, you will have to use 4 flask charges to get back 2900 quick.

Just try to combination of both types and you will notice a difference.[/quote]

If you read right at the bottom, I said you are correct, as for changing it, I will not till I hit 100. I have no desire to spend hours getting my XP back if I die trying your style.
I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
"
kikeuy wrote:
"
Hemanse wrote:
Im guessing Headhunter doesnt work in this build since we dont kill the mobs ourself? Im asking because i just handed in a belt prophecy and happend to stumble upon a Headhunter for the first time ever.

Edit: No idea why i asked before just trying it out, it does indeed work, so gonna have a little fun trying this out a little.

Gratz on your brand new belt!.
In Haewark region with Beyond atlas mods (Power Hungry and Pier Diemon) ,roll double beyond map and start a ritual. From 0 mods to 40+ in no time , Legion is fun too but Ritual is insanity. You can roll Chromium watchstones with extra currency from rare mods.
If your pc can take the abuse use sextants on watchstones , put Legion scarabs , Strongboxes scarabs , Elder Scarabs and a Metamorph scarab for the final lootxplosion. Delirium and Blight enchant adds lots of monsters(and rewards too!) , Alva missions helps too.

Headhunter for Legion just seems insane, but yeah Ritual also gets rather trivial :)
"
Hemanse wrote:
"
kikeuy wrote:
"
Hemanse wrote:
Im guessing Headhunter doesnt work in this build since we dont kill the mobs ourself? Im asking because i just handed in a belt prophecy and happend to stumble upon a Headhunter for the first time ever.

Edit: No idea why i asked before just trying it out, it does indeed work, so gonna have a little fun trying this out a little.

Gratz on your brand new belt!.
In Haewark region with Beyond atlas mods (Power Hungry and Pier Diemon) ,roll double beyond map and start a ritual. From 0 mods to 40+ in no time , Legion is fun too but Ritual is insanity. You can roll Chromium watchstones with extra currency from rare mods.
If your pc can take the abuse use sextants on watchstones , put Legion scarabs , Strongboxes scarabs , Elder Scarabs and a Metamorph scarab for the final lootxplosion. Delirium and Blight enchant adds lots of monsters(and rewards too!) , Alva missions helps too.

Headhunter for Legion just seems insane, but yeah Ritual also gets rather trivial :)

You can replace a Scarab once you have a filled vessel too. Monsters on ritual will spawn faster and there will be a lot of them , also all close to each other which is extra good for beyond monsters spawn. With only 1 filled vessel its not uncommon to get 50+ HH mods before the end of a ritual. Maybe even 4 filled vessels instead of scarabs might be good.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2844110
Seems that i get inspired often when talking to Kharadas :)

This can very useful on league start.
When you equip Southbound gloves your (or your totems) hits cant kill enemies unless they are frozen.
But ignite is not a hit and it can and will kill enemies. Here the good part , when enemies die to dot damage (burning dmg from ignite in our case) then the on kill effect can be applied to you even when using totems.
What that does mean? For example , with those gloves you will gain frenzy charges while using bloodrage after your totems kill enemies.
Any +life on kill or +mana on kill will count too , for example using Silver Branch bow will solve any kind of mana problem you have while leveling since your will gain 10 mana for each enemies killed by your totems (or any item or point on the tree with +mana gained on kill).
Heralds on kill effect will apply too, for example if you dont take Ancestral bond the overkill dmg from Herald of Ash will help you on your clear.
For charges generation Victario's Acuity generate charges easily while clearing , or you can get some rare talisman too.

On Chieftain , the minor leading to Valako ascendancy is just 5% chance but it will proc very often to keep you at full endurances charges while clearing.

So for league start , those gloves are killer budget option until you have all your sustain and charge generation covered + Herald of Ash is a mini explody chest early on too.
Only thing you have to be careful is about enemies with lots life regen that may refuse to die from ignite damage , use Frost bomb if you find such a thing.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2844110
What is used to deal with corrupted blood?
"
banthom wrote:
What is used to deal with corrupted blood?

You can use a Flask with the Staunching Suffix like for example this one:

The easiest way to get this affix is to go to your menagerie and beast craft the "of Staunching" to a Flask, preferably on a flask with a good prefix.

I see that most of your flask are not rolled, highly recommend checking the Flask subsection under "11. Mid-Tier Equipment Details" in the guide for what Flask combinations to use.

Regards
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Vei,

Stupid idea - what about Berserker ascendancy ?
Did a simple change in Pob, keeping the tree as it is and dmg per totem almost doubled :)

I know we loose some totems, but the attack speed and dmg increase should offset it.

I'll see if i will have some time at the end of the league to try it out.

"
bartpio wrote:
Vei,

Stupid idea - what about Berserker ascendancy ?
Did a simple change in Pob, keeping the tree as it is and dmg per totem almost doubled :)

I know we loose some totems, but the attack speed and dmg increase should offset it.

I'll see if i will have some time at the end of the league to try it out.

Hey bartpio,

I did some rough test switching to Berserker using the Default POB(Section 7)

Some info as follows:

Passive Tree

I moved the Passive points from Hiero's starting area to Berserker's(Going through Warrior's Blood and Diamond Skin Notable) with the 2 extras point allocated into the next highest DPS Notable possible with 2 points which is Savagery.

Berserker Ascendancy

I took the following Notables:

Aspect of Carnage
Flawless Savagery
Blitz (Max Blitz Charge at configuration tab in POB)
Pain Reaver(Hit Recently checked)

Shaper DPS Result

Hiero - 7 Totems X 1.271m = 8.897m
Berserker - 6 Totems X 1.728m = 10.368m

So overall it's a 16.5% DPS increase. A nice increase though not quite "doubled" heh. In exchange there's the 10% increased damage taken(From Aspect of Carnage) which is not to be taken lightly ;)

Other Considerations

When going for non-Hiero Ascendancy, we definitely want to consider a few other things like:

Life Recovery(Flask? Leech? Life Regen?)

For Berserker it will only be from Life Regen(Much lesser than Hiero who has help from Ascendancy) and Flask

Totem Placement Speed(Will we be able to adjust to the much slower placement speed?)

To be honest I would say Ballista Totem placement outside of Hiero, Ascendant and Chieftain is slow (Just ask crimsonraziel9 ;))

So yup, these are my thoughts/comments
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Indeed. Probably that would be an issue.

Still funny to see how versatile this build is.
I wonder how much GGG will nerf it in 3.14.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info