[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

I'm at a point where I'd like a new +2 Amulet, but the current ones on market are too pricey. I'm also going to have to spend more money gambling for that +4 Helm. (1 failure already after my successful +2 Corrupt)
Would you suggest getting my own Woke Orb and yolocrafting my own? Or even consider getting a decent amulet with Dex and (Lightning or Cold)
"
Vague_Density wrote:
I'm at a point where I'd like a new +2 Amulet, but the current ones on market are too pricey. I'm also going to have to spend more money gambling for that +4 Helm. (1 failure already after my successful +2 Corrupt)
Would you suggest getting my own Woke Orb and yolocrafting my own? Or even consider getting a decent amulet with Dex and (Lightning or Cold)

I think it depends on your goal what you are aiming for:

A) +2 Skill(Dex + Any Fire/Light/Cold) Amulet(With 1 additional specific affix like say T1 Multi)

B) +2 Skill(Dex + Any Fire/Light/Cold) Amulet(With any other affix)

For A) I will consider looking at the market, but these are definitely not value for currency. I looked at the price in expedition and I think they are overpriced. If I were to spend like say 40ex for a +2 Amulet with T1 Crit, I would rather use the currency to buy a +4 Frostferno instead, big dps increase for it's price, rather than the Amulet which is a very small increase.

If you looked at 26. Item Upgrade Priority in the guide you can see a +4 Frostferno is higher than an Amulet upgrade. Even though a +4 Frostferno is one of the most costly item for this build, it is just so worth it.

For B) I will definitely go the crafting route.

And B) is what I always did since 3.9(IIRC) released the +skills on amulets. I always craft them and resell the ones that is not suitable for me and most of the time I actually made a profit or at least be breakeven on the cost. E.g. Awaken Orb was like 4ex then and materials is like 1 Ex so total cost of 5ex. Usually the amulet has no problem selling for at least 4-5ex , only 1 time I got a real crap one and that I sold for 3ex.

I see that Awaken Orb is only 3.3ex this league, and random +2(Dex + Fire/Light/Cold) Amulet are going for 5ex cheapest! I would make as many as I could sell them since every craft is a profit!

If you decide to craft the Amulet, here's some tips/comments:

I assume you are familiar with using the Awakener Orb and the requirements on the 2 Amulets used to craft it

- Ideally we want to use a Turquoise Base for the Dex and Int. We need Int to use max Level Summon Skitterbot and Dex is useful if we want to do weapon switch to a higher Dex requirement Bow like Chin Sol etc.

- For the +1 Fire Skill amulet, I will buy an Item Level 86+ Warlord Influenced Turquoise Amulet(This will act as the base) and use Scorched Fossil(1c for 11!) on it until I get the +1 Fire Skill.
Important: Please ensure +1 Fire Skill is the ONLY Warlord Affix(Regardless of Prefix or Suffix) on the Amulet

- For the +1 Dex Skill Amulet, I will just buy any amulet(This base will be destroyed anyway) which already has that rolled
Important: Please ensure +1 Dex Skill is the ONLY Hunter Affix(Regardless of Prefix or Suffix) on the Amulet

Please refer to https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Amulet if anyone is unsure what are the Warlord and Hunter Affixes.

The Exact Steps to use the Awakener's Orb on the Two Amulets is as follows:

1. Right Click on Awakener's Orb
2. Left Click on the Hunter's Amulet with +1 Dex Skill(No other Hunter Affix on it)
3. Left Click on the Warlord's Amulet(Item Level 86 Turquoise Base) with +1 Fire Skill(No other Warlord Affix on it)

If anyone is not familiar with how the Awakener's Orb work and what we want aim for on the items the Orb is used on, I highly recommend referring to/watching some Youtube Videos to get a better understanding to avoid potential mistakes and wasting the Orb.

Feel free to post and ask on this thread also if there's any doubts!

Good luck if you try crafting one! (Well.. just sell it off if it didn't turn out well ;))
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Last edited by Vei on Aug 13, 2021, 9:16:08 AM
Hi all,

It seems like I've hit a dps wall, I'm fairly happy with my life total (5.7K) but my dps seems to start lacking, any help possible?
"
Vei wrote:
For B) I will definitely go the crafting route.

And B) is what I always did since 3.9(IIRC) released the +skills on amulets. I always craft them and resell the ones that is not suitable for me and most of the time I actually made a profit or at least be breakeven on the cost. E.g. Awaken Orb was like 4ex then and materials is like 1 Ex so total cost of 5ex. Usually the amulet has no problem selling for at least 4-5ex , only 1 time I got a real crap one and that I sold for 3ex.

I see that Awaken Orb is only 3.3ex this league, and random +2(Dex + Fire/Light/Cold) Amulet are going for 5ex cheapest! I would make as many as I could sell them since every craft is a profit!

I assume you are familiar with using the Awakener Orb and the requirements on the 2 Amulets used to craft it

Good luck if you try crafting one! (Well.. just sell it off if it didn't turn out well ;))

Thanks on the tips! I haven't used a Woke Orb yet but I'm prettyyyy sure I know how to click it properly. Did not consider reselling, thanks ;) I was intending to go with a Lapis, but I realize I don't really need all that Int. Turq does sound better!
I followed your instructions for an amulet and created this:

How does this compare to a Xoph's Heart? I tried swapping between them and it looks like this amulet has more "Effective DPS" with my gear than a Xophs heart when I swap between them in Path of Building, and it says it's taking into account the full 12% fire pen on the Xophs; Is this accurate or am I missing something?

If that is correct than I think it would be better than a Xophs even without ++dex, because I do not often get to take advantage of "Covers enemies in Ash when Hit"; and without this part I would even switch to and pick up Infernal Cry auto cast instead and apply it like that.
In my build woke firepen is 12% more dps than combustion. Maybe i'm not ticking the right boxes? This is my build: https://pastebin.com/pbJa6unf
"
Furiousbob8 wrote:
Hi all,

It seems like I've hit a dps wall, I'm fairly happy with my life total (5.7K) but my dps seems to start lacking, any help possible?

Hi,

You can consider these DPS upgrades:

- +4 Frostferno - Expensive but biggest DPS upgrade to get, you can try your luck with double corrupting using the Chronicle of Atzoatl

- Quill Rain with Increased Critical Strike Corrupted Implicit - You can go for 14-18% or the budget 7% Version. Refer to 11. Mid-Tier Equipment Details in the guide for the info.

- Get a lab enchant on your boot - Refer to 24. Enchantments in the guide for the ideal enchants

- That Cobalt Jewel on your Passive Tree is only helping you with Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you, the other affixes are useless for this build, totally wasted Jewel Socket. Get a Watcher's Eye with Precision Mods(If you can spare a gem socket for Precision) or a Rare Base Jewel(Refer to 23. Ideal Non Cluster Jewels in the guide for the details on what to get on it)

Other Smaller Upgrades(They do add up when you multiply the increase by 7 totems)

- 20% Quality on Sniper's Mark, Blood Rage gem
- Elemental Damage With Attack Gem to Awaken Version(or at least get 20% quality on it)
- 20% Turbulent Catalyst on Xoph's Blood
- 15% Elemental Damage with Attacks Combat Focus(Both)

Hope the above helps.

"
Vague_Density wrote:
Thanks on the tips! I haven't used a Woke Orb yet but I'm prettyyyy sure I know how to click it properly. Did not consider reselling, thanks ;) I was intending to go with a Lapis, but I realize I don't really need all that Int. Turq does sound better!

No problem! :)

"
StalinsGhost wrote:
I followed your instructions for an amulet and created this:

How does this compare to a Xoph's Heart? I tried swapping between them and it looks like this amulet has more "Effective DPS" with my gear than a Xophs heart when I swap between them in Path of Building, and it says it's taking into account the full 12% fire pen on the Xophs; Is this accurate or am I missing something?

The reason why the Rare Amulet has more DPS than Xophs's Blood in your case is due to 2 things:

1. When using Xoph's Blood we can respec 2 points from the Passive Tree into some other area, possibly DPS ones(In my Amulet DPS Ranking example I used Savagery for comparison) This respec provided a lot of DPS increase.

2. The dexterity on the Amulet, which also gives a bit of Flat Accuracy happens to be enough to increase your Chance to Hit by 1% and that is additional DPS.

I checked the Numbers(Sirus DPS) on your Character:

359k Rare Amulet(97% Chance to Hit, Covered in Ash(Infernal Cry**))
354k Xoph's Blood(Covered in Ash, Avatar of Fire not respeced off, 96% Chance to Hit, 20% Turbulent Catalyst)

After some changes base on the 2 points I mentioned above for comparison:

354k Rare Amulet(96% Chance to Hit - Adjusted numbers to get 96%, Covered in Ash(Infernal Cry**))
372k Xoph's Blood(Covered in Ash, Avatar of Fire respeced to Savagery(Don't do this, its just for DPS comparison, choose the Passives that works best for you), 96% Chance to Hit, 20% Turbulent Catalyst)

**Note that Infernal Cry only gives 12% increased Fire Damage Taken versus Bosses without minions compared to Xoph's Blood's 20% increased Fire Damage Taken. For the purpose of this comparison I just assumed both is the same

"
blastarus wrote:
In my build woke firepen is 12% more dps than combustion. Maybe i'm not ticking the right boxes? This is my build: https://pastebin.com/pbJa6unf

I loaded your POB, everything looks correct to me, I don't see any issues.

Last edited by Vei on Aug 13, 2021, 4:47:26 AM
Hello there!
I wonder if "Increased elemental damage if you've dealt a critical strike recently" modifier on my quiver works. I don't deal crits, my totems do, so i'm not sure.
"
Ajbarra wrote:
Hello there!
I wonder if "Increased elemental damage if you've dealt a critical strike recently" modifier on my quiver works. I don't deal crits, my totems do, so i'm not sure.

Hello!

It works for our Frenzy Shots which can Crit, even though the Frenzy Shots does no damage due to us having Ancestral Bond.

It doesn't work for our Totem Shots.

Hope that explains.

Regards

Thx a lot for quick reply! It's clear now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info