[3.24] SRS Bomber aka Popcorn SRS | League Start to Endgame | All Content

I have been playing POE on and off for a while and this build (the videos and play style) has me quite hooked and I would like to get it to an endgame situation. I normally just get frustrated and leave the game.

I would like to try and go further this season but I doubt I am understanding the game and its requirement properly. I play from South Africa with a permanent 200ms latency.

I am level 87 and I just cant seem to get past T7 maps (or am I being too ambitious) and the frustration is looming. If anyone can look at my current setup and let me know where I am messing it up I would really appreciate it.

https://pastebin.com/4pEYgztW

Thank you in advance.
"
livejamie wrote:
Do the Spectres we use have to be Fire ones? If we have Phys ones if we have Added Fire Ghastly Jewels will that work?

If we have to use Fire, have you tried Solaris Champions?

Or would you still recommend Artless Assassin without the GMP/Pierce?

I think for my chest I'm going to try Animate Guardian/Zombie/Spectre - Elemental Army - Combustion - Feeding Frenzy

If we don't need Fire, what are some good utility Spectres to use?

We need our Spectres (or Zombies) to deal fire damage to proc Elemental Army and hopefully Ignite them with the Combustion Support, to reduce the Fire Resistance of our enemies.

It doesn't matter if you have spectres that deal fire Damage on their own our you have Jewels/Passives/Gems that make your Spectres Deal Fire Damage. As long as the Fire damage is the highest elemental Damage they deal.

I haven't tried any other fire Spectres, feel free to give them a try.
Poeatlas.app
"
I have been playing POE on and off for a while and this build (the videos and play style) has me quite hooked and I would like to get it to an endgame situation. I normally just get frustrated and leave the game.

I would like to try and go further this season but I doubt I am understanding the game and its requirement properly. I play from South Africa with a permanent 200ms latency.

I am level 87 and I just cant seem to get past T7 maps (or am I being too ambitious) and the frustration is looming. If anyone can look at my current setup and let me know where I am messing it up I would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

Pushing T7 without Uberlab is a challenge ;-)

What are you currently lacking? Are you diying (defences) or aren't the enemies dying? (Damage)

A few things I noticed:

- Put your SRS in the Helmet (Drop Combustion and Conc Effect Support)
- Get a Hunter Chest with Offering Effect and Additional Curse (5 and 6-Links are expensive. Buy one with any amount of sockets and get a Jeweller's touch prophecy to make it 5-Link)
- Get Spectres instead of Zombies eg. Artless Assassins from Heist
- Spect into "Death Attunement"
- Drop "Call to the Slaughter" and the two small passives next to it
- Spect into your medium Cluster "Feasting Fiends" and "Hulking Corpses"
- Get a Wand (or craft your self with Essence of Fear) with Minion Damage/Minion Life and an open suffix to craft "trigger socketed Spells"
- spec into Elemental Equilibrium (you proc it with Ball Lightning)
- Flammabilty to your Hextouch setup or get a Ring with Flammability on Hit when you have your Chest with additional Curse

Hope that helps a bit
Poeatlas.app
"
Weo_ wrote:
"

Thank you in advance.

Pushing T7 without Uberlab is a challenge ;-)

What are you currently lacking? Are you diying (defences) or aren't the enemies dying? (Damage)

A few things I noticed:

- Put your SRS in the Helmet (Drop Combustion and Conc Effect Support)
- Get a Hunter Chest with Offering Effect and Additional Curse (5 and 6-Links are expensive. Buy one with any amount of sockets and get a Jeweller's touch prophecy to make it 5-Link)
- Get Spectres instead of Zombies eg. Artless Assassins from Heist
- Spect into "Death Attunement"
- Drop "Call to the Slaughter" and the two small passives next to it
- Spect into your medium Cluster "Feasting Fiends" and "Hulking Corpses"
- Get a Wand (or craft your self with Essence of Fear) with Minion Damage/Minion Life and an open suffix to craft "trigger socketed Spells"
- spec into Elemental Equilibrium (you proc it with Ball Lightning)
- Flammabilty to your Hextouch setup or get a Ring with Flammability on Hit when you have your Chest with additional Curse

Hope that helps a bit

Thank you for the reply. I am dying. Cant complete the uberlab dying constantly to the final boss
Thanks so much! I play a minion (usually something involving srs/zombies ) every league, but it's been a while since I played last .. This was a very easy guide to follow and my first time trying exploding SRS, which seems to work very well! I'm still squishy as hell, but that's my own fault for drooling over more damage rather than defense nodes on my tree I guess, and I'm really bad about standing in bad circles and puddles on the ground...

the artless assassins seem good, and using that call to the slaughter on my two large gems for more ignite and 30% extra flammability on my helm with 2x curse setup for flam/ele weak. super fun so far! (haven't tried content past just t16 maps really, but think i could manage it, if i could stay out of the shit on the floor lol).. everything else is EZ, like it should be with SRS :)
Last edited by vylettes on Aug 11, 2021, 5:12:15 PM
"
If you get a Cluster with two Notables make sure it DOES HAVE either “Ancestral Inspiration” or “Arcane Adept” besides the Seal Mender on it.

If you get a Cluster with three Notables make sure it DOES NOT HAVE “Ancestral Inspiration” or “Arcane Adept” on it.

Can you explain this part?
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
"
If you get a Cluster with two Notables make sure it DOES HAVE either “Ancestral Inspiration” or “Arcane Adept” besides the Seal Mender on it.

If you get a Cluster with three Notables make sure it DOES NOT HAVE “Ancestral Inspiration” or “Arcane Adept” on it.

You want the notables you use to be in the lower half of the jewel so you don't have to spend extra points reaching the one at the top of the jewel (unless u want all 3, then more power to ya!).

if there is a single notable skill on the gem, it will be on that farthest node. If there are 2 notables, it will be the farthest and the bottom right node, if there are 3 notables, then all 3 are filled. The order they are filled starts with the top node with 2, or the far left node with 3 and you can know the order they will fill based on POE Trade's order

So in that order at the bottom i have circled, you want whatever nodes you want to use to be the 2nd node in 2 notables, or 1/3 node in a 3 notable gem. If they aren't you will be spending more skill points to reach them at the top.
Last edited by vylettes on Aug 11, 2021, 6:18:16 PM
Just finish campaign with it and I really love this build !

But I got a question regarding possible content. I feel like i have hard time in delve while mapping is super duper easy.
Actually, i have to be quite slow moving to stay safe in delve while i can rush through map yet clearing everything that dare to face me. Another point is that i'm not tanky enough to keep my position.

Any experience with that ? Would you say the build is not appropriate for delving or i am doing something wrong ?
"
Zaephiryn wrote:
Just finish campaign with it and I really love this build !

But I got a question regarding possible content. I feel like i have hard time in delve while mapping is super duper easy.
Actually, i have to be quite slow moving to stay safe in delve while i can rush through map yet clearing everything that dare to face me. Another point is that i'm not tanky enough to keep my position.

Any experience with that ? Would you say the build is not appropriate for delving or i am doing something wrong ?

One of PoE core defence mechanics is "Don't get hit".
So in order to not die you want to keep moving.
You typically play this build in a "stutter-step" kind of way.
so you normaly go like "cast - walk/charge/dash - cast - walk/charge/dash cast - ..." and so on. This build isn't meant to be stationary and spam SRS.
While clearing maps and while delving you normally cast your SRS when you encounter a pack, charge/dash/walk past them and cast another time and then move on to the next pack, while the SRS will deal with the pack.

Only Time when you wanna spam SRS is when facing a Boss and you want to preload a bunch of SRS.

In the past leagues I never had any trouble delving to 300+.
Poeatlas.app
"
vylettes wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:
"

You want the notables you use to be in the lower half of the jewel so you don't have to spend extra points reaching the one at the top of the jewel (unless u want all 3, then more power to ya!).

if there is a single notable skill on the gem, it will be on that farthest node. If there are 2 notables, it will be the farthest and the bottom right node, if there are 3 notables, then all 3 are filled. The order they are filled starts with the top node with 2, or the far left node with 3 and you can know the order they will fill based on POE Trade's order

So in that order at the bottom i have circled, you want whatever nodes you want to use to be the 2nd node in 2 notables, or 1/3 node in a 3 notable gem. If they aren't you will be spending more skill points to reach them at the top.

Exactly right!

All Notables on the Cluster Jewels have a specific sorting-order which determines in which order they will appear on the Jewel.
The order is always clockwise from the "entrance"

You can checkout poedb for the order they will appear in https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=BaseItemTypes&an=Large+Cluster+Jewel

The List at poedb is in the correct sorting order.
So when you want to have "Seal Mender" in a good spot on the jewel, meaning left or right from the entrance and you have a 2 Notable Jewel you want a Notable that comes before Seal Mender in the List, since the Notable with the lower sort order will always be in the back of the Jewel and the Notable with the higher sort order will be on the right of the entrance.
With a jewel with three notables you either want two higher order notables (Seal Mender will be on the left) or two lower order notables (Seal Mender will be on the right).
But since all Notables that have a lower sort order as Seal Mender are prefixes, as is Seal Mender, you can't get two notables with lower sort orders and Seal Mender on there, so you don't want either on there if you have a jewel with three notables.
Poeatlas.app

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info