[3.16] Dark Pact Totems | The smoothest spell totem skill around, now post-nerf updated

"
SaberLee wrote:
wanna ask why Zizaran's build didnt use Multiple Totems
why fast casting.. and no great volly?

He probably didn't include multiple totems due to the decrease in damage it doles out. I honestly disagree with it though since multiple totems is not only convenient, it also allows you to summon more FR totems which makes up for the decrease in damage and then some.
"
SaberLee wrote:

Fast Casting and Great Volly doesnt help in boss flight.

Why wouldn't it? The projectiles do overlap. So more projectiles, more dmg. And Faster castings equals more dps as well...

"
Migski wrote:
"
SaberLee wrote:
wanna ask why Zizaran's build didnt use Multiple Totems
why fast casting.. and no great volly?

He probably didn't include multiple totems due to the decrease in damage it doles out. I honestly disagree with it though since multiple totems is not only convenient, it also allows you to summon more FR totems which makes up for the decrease in damage and then some.

He used multi Totems on wither totems. This way you can summon the +2 additional totems from the support only with wither. They dont get overwriten/deleted when you recast FR Totems. E.g. You now have 2 wither and 4 RF totems, so you need to cast 1 more totems (otherwise 3x2) but dont need to selfcast wither or recast wither totem. And even you miss out on +2 RF totems, you dont have the dmg decrease from MT and can add another +dps support. so i guess the dmg isnt that much lower in the end, if even.
"
SteakSndwich wrote:

He used multi Totems on wither totems. This way you can summon the +2 additional totems from the support only with wither. They dont get overwriten/deleted when you recast FR Totems. E.g. You now have 2 wither and 4 RF totems, so you need to cast 1 more totems (otherwise 3x2) but dont need to selfcast wither or recast wither totem. And even you miss out on +2 RF totems, you dont have the dmg decrease from MT and can add another +dps support. so i guess the dmg isnt that much lower in the end, if even.

I saw that as well. It's a fine set-up early on but when you're already rocking a 6-7 link with soul mantle set-up, I'd still rather put multi totems on FR. You only really need 1 wither totem anyway.
Hi! Please tell me how immunity to curses is achieved in this build, or how the impact is reduced? in pob there no Kikazaru ring and no nodes for reduce Effect of Curse on y. What did I miss? how to deal with curses from Soul Mantl?
"
Audio777Video wrote:
Hi! Please tell me how immunity to curses is achieved in this build, or how the impact is reduced? in pob there no Kikazaru ring and no nodes for reduce Effect of Curse on y. What did I miss? how to deal with curses from Soul Mantl?

Viridi's Veil + Magic ring in right slot
[/quote]

Viridi's Veil + Magic ring in right slot[/quote]

Oh, ok ty! need to find 7 ex)
"
Migski wrote:

I saw that as well. It's a fine set-up early on but when you're already rocking a 6-7 link with soul mantle set-up, I'd still rather put multi totems on FR. You only really need 1 wither totem anyway.

Ok, so i did some testing. I fought Lunaris/Solaris in Act 8 and counted how many procs i need to take them down. I did it 3 times with each setup and took the avg. Only 1 Totem at the time to be able to count. The Gems werent leveled, but same lvl to be compareable if needed. The numbers aren't representive of the real dps, just to see whats better/worse.

GMP/GV
FR without any support: 80 procs
FR + GMP: 62 procs
FR + GVolley: 60 procs

No surprise here, since GMP has a bigger less multiplier. So Volley is best. Since the Projectiles do home to the target, no downside on any.
This also confirmes they do in fact shotgun.

Wither:
FR + GV + Wither selfcast: 42 procs (you can channel all the time, but have to stand still. So you will have to stop for some time)

FR + GV + Wither totem (1 Totem): 48 procs (the totem doesn't channel, retargets, switched targets (here between bosses, on other bosses to trash) so you lose stacks in the end

FR + GV + Wither totems + multitotem (2 Totem): 40 procs (way better uptime, no retargeting all the time, also i assume they both apply wither stacks if only 1 target, so its easier to reach a high stacksize)

FR + GV + Wither totems + multitotem + Faster casting: 36 procs (higher stack)

FR + GV + Wither totems + multitotem + inc duration: 36 procs (higher stack as well)

So i would say it in fact does pay off to have 2 wither totems (if you dont want to selfcast and stand still during the fight) Divergent wither is for sure the best option for selfcast

For the last support (inc duration/faster casting) it depends on the build i guess which is better, but should be close. Either increase the 2s wither duration and get more stacks this way or keep it on 2s and let the totems cast faster. Pob it i guess.

But what about the totems? 5 totems is worse than 7!
Nope. I checked it with mine as well 2 builds from poe.ninja

If you swap Multi Totem for another support (best is mostly conc effect for bossing) you dont have the penalty from MT at first and gain even more from the new support. With Conc effect i gained 18% more dps in the end with 5 totems vs 7 totems with MT.

Sure, you will have to click 5 times instead of 4 to summon all FR Totems. But only once for the Wither totems which you wont need to selfcast in the end, and as i said befor, the wither totems stay, even if you resummon FR Totems, since they have a higher totemcount.

ImO Multiple totems on FR is a pure QoL choice.

Guys what would be ideal notables on large cluster jewel for Forbidden Rite? Im saving up currency for one but not sure what to aim for and theres 0 guides for FR on this forum ;/
@SteakSandwich, thank you for taking the time to run the numbers!

I wish it was easier to test with the self-cast alt-qual Wither, which also grants Infusion bonus and casts Despair or another curse on the boss. It would be hard to keep the stacks of Wither consistent, to make the numbers reliable, and keeping them at 15 stacks also doesn't reflect the real world.

one question i feel very hard fight with sirus P3 is too hard to find him and forbidden looks so stupid during sirus fight
"
SteakSndwich wrote:
"
Migski wrote:

Ok, so i did some testing. I fought Lunaris/Solaris in Act 8 and counted how many procs i need to take them down. I did it 3 times with each setup and took the avg. Only 1 Totem at the time to be able to count. The Gems werent leveled, but same lvl to be compareable if needed. The numbers aren't representive of the real dps, just to see whats better/worse.

GMP/GV
FR without any support: 80 procs
FR + GMP: 62 procs
FR + GVolley: 60 procs

No surprise here, since GMP has a bigger less multiplier. So Volley is best. Since the Projectiles do home to the target, no downside on any.
This also confirmes they do in fact shotgun.

Wither:
FR + GV + Wither selfcast: 42 procs (you can channel all the time, but have to stand still. So you will have to stop for some time)

FR + GV + Wither totem (1 Totem): 48 procs (the totem doesn't channel, retargets, switched targets (here between bosses, on other bosses to trash) so you lose stacks in the end

FR + GV + Wither totems + multitotem (2 Totem): 40 procs (way better uptime, no retargeting all the time, also i assume they both apply wither stacks if only 1 target, so its easier to reach a high stacksize)

FR + GV + Wither totems + multitotem + Faster casting: 36 procs (higher stack)

FR + GV + Wither totems + multitotem + inc duration: 36 procs (higher stack as well)

So i would say it in fact does pay off to have 2 wither totems (if you dont want to selfcast and stand still during the fight) Divergent wither is for sure the best option for selfcast

For the last support (inc duration/faster casting) it depends on the build i guess which is better, but should be close. Either increase the 2s wither duration and get more stacks this way or keep it on 2s and let the totems cast faster. Pob it i guess.

But what about the totems? 5 totems is worse than 7!
Nope. I checked it with mine as well 2 builds from poe.ninja

If you swap Multi Totem for another support (best is mostly conc effect for bossing) you dont have the penalty from MT at first and gain even more from the new support. With Conc effect i gained 18% more dps in the end with 5 totems vs 7 totems with MT.

Sure, you will have to click 5 times instead of 4 to summon all FR Totems. But only once for the Wither totems which you wont need to selfcast in the end, and as i said befor, the wither totems stay, even if you resummon FR Totems, since they have a higher totemcount.

ImO Multiple totems on FR is a pure QoL choice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info