[3.16] Dark Pact Totems | The smoothest spell totem skill around, now post-nerf updated

"
BlueeGreg wrote:

I don't know how the innate Totem "less damage taken" works, but it still seems worth to stack Chaos Res on the Totem (in addition to Life). Totems can die even when they aren't shooting themselves in the face!

Thanks for your input! Apparently this was a thing in the 3.0 patch notes: "Summoned totems have 45% less life and take 45% less damage. This will impact life leeched from attacking enemy totems and the damage dealt by Righteous Fire totems." Seems like a generic less damage effect?
Forbidden rite seems really gud. You dont have to use astral projector , which opens up a slot for a essence worm. I thought about using zealotry aura ( more crit + spell damage + conc ground ) , which also opens up the possibility to use a watchers eye ( mini bottled faith with 10% inc damage or 120% critical strike chance , for bigger budget both ).

Was thinking about going HAM on projectiles ( replacing multiple totems with gmp , removing controlled destruction ) + rain of splinters unique jewel for +2 projectiles.
Last edited by Cosmonaut111 on Jul 22, 2021, 1:02:59 PM
"
Cosmonaut111 wrote:
Forbidden rite seems really gud. You dont have to use astral projector , which opens up a slot for a essence worm. I thought about using zealotry aura ( more crit + spell damage + conc ground ) , which also opens up the possibility to use a watchers eye ( mini bottled faith with 10% inc damage or 120% critical strike chance , for bigger budget both ).

Was thinking about going HAM on projectiles ( replacing multiple totems with gmp , removing controlled destruction ) + rain of splinters unique jewel for +2 projectiles.

I'm gonna try FR totems also. Really curious to see how multiple projectiles works with the skill, if it just adds the projectiles to the first aimed cast or if it adds it to all the auto-aim projectiles as well. I wouldn't drop Multiple Totems, summoning 2 totems at once instead of 1 is way too much QoL to give up. However you could swap Void Manip while clearing for GMP possibly.

If added projectiles works on all the homing projectiles I'll definitely use Rain of Splinters and probably a Dying Sun. GMP and gem swapping is just too clunky IMO.
IGN: Dmillz
"
Cosmonaut111 wrote:

Do keep in mind that it is very likely that summoning an FR totem will likely also deal you the casting damage. Since FR totems will have to be resummoned very quickly this could kill you very very fast. Of course we won't know for sure until the skill has been tested. Better stack a lot of chaos res or go CI just in case.
"
ikkuhnoob wrote:
Do keep in mind that it is very likely that summoning an FR totem will likely also deal you the casting damage. Since FR totems will have to be resummoned very quickly this could kill you very very fast. Of course we won't know for sure until the skill has been tested. Better stack a lot of chaos res or go CI just in case.

This is extremely unlikely. 99.9% chance it works the same as Dark Pact and uses your totems life, not yours.
IGN: Dmillz
how to you remove effects of curse without viridi's ??
"
XGrandAspira wrote:

I don't think there is a reliable way now. You'll have to roll and choose your maps carefully. Welcome to 3.15! :)
"
Dmillz wrote:
"
ikkuhnoob wrote:

This is extremely unlikely. 99.9% chance it works the same as Dark Pact and uses your totems life, not yours.

Yes it is 99.9% certain that the totems when they start casting FR use their life to use the skill and deal damage. But when you summon the totem you may also activate the linked casting effect of FR dealing damage to YOU. Dark pact's damaging effect is an effect triggered when dealing damage and not an effect triggered on using a skill. Either way, summoning a totem would only damage you once per totem at maximum, so it may be easier to mitigate than self casting FR.
"
BlueeGreg wrote:
"
XGrandAspira wrote:

I don't think there is a reliable way now. You'll have to roll and choose your maps carefully. Welcome to 3.15! :)

You shouldn't spread misinformation if you don't know what you are talking about.

1. Atziri's Reflection
2. Sources of reduced curse effect:
Kikazaru: 40%
Sanctum of Thought passive: 20%
Asylum passive: 20%
Shaper and Crusader rings: 20-35%

So as before, 2x kikzarau and Sanctum of Thought gives Curse immunity.
Could also do 2x Shaper/Crusader rings and the two passive wheels.

Last edited by kibbeh on Jul 23, 2021, 5:03:24 AM
"
kibbeh wrote:

You shouldn't spread misinformation if you don't know what you are talking about.

1. Atziri's Reflection
2. Sources of reduced curse effect:
Kikazaru: 40%
Sanctum of Thought passive: 20%
Asylum passive: 20%
Shaper and Crusader rings: 20-35%

So as before, 2x kikzarau and Sanctum of Thought gives Curse immunity.
Could also do 2x Shaper/Crusader rings and the two passive wheels.

Strictly speaking 2x Kikazaru and Sanctum/Asylum wheel doesn't actually give you curse immunity, just 100% reduced curse effect. So any curses that are applied with increased effectiveness (including map mods) will still affect you, just at lower effectiveness. You could stack all of the effects to get 120% (140% while on consecrated ground) reduced curse effectiveness, but that still wouldn't fully mitigate red map-tier curse mods. Atziri's definitely still works though.

Also, consecrated ground from Holy Flame Totem grants curse immunity 😂

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info